Can the filters be reused on these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlegiles

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Lancaster, SC
I have been using my 901 since Sunday evening and have worked my way through the 5 filters that were included with my starter kit. I have been adding juice to them but find that the filter material inside becomes "stringy" for lack of better terms. Is there a way to prevent this or should I just purchase new filters every time? Is there a way to replace the filter media?

Thanks.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
People replace those fillers all the time. There is something called umm Fluval or something? Some sort of blue stuff that people buy and cut up and use those to replace the stuffing. I myself have used empty tea bags -- there are threads on here somewhere that have a bunch of different ideas for refilling those cartridges. Lemme see if i can go find some links for you!

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
they say its very cheap to buy -- i never tried it. I did do the tea bag thing cuz i happened to have like 40,000 boxes of tea in my cupboards and i didnt think that was too bad at all.

I remember thinking that too about the fish tank stuff lol -- hmmm do i have any filter stuff around here that is NOT full of old algae and fish poo??

Littlegiles

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Lancaster, SC
I have lots of teabags at home so I think I'm going to try that method first. Of course my main concern is leaking around the mouthpiece or into my mouth, but I figure it is worth a try. Right now it seems I'm getting 3 -4 drops of juice into the cartridge when I'm topping off, but any more than that and I'm too full.

Dotma....I really need you to make sure the filter media has no poo or algae. I'm thinking that is not a tasty vape at all!!

Littlegiles

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Lancaster, SC
Dotma, what do you use now if you aren't using the cartridges?

Paulsonlaw, I tried the tea bag method last night and didn't like the end result. Ended up tossing it and opening another cartridge. Tonight I'm going to try the Polyfil and see how that does. I have a bag of that stuff at home alread so no money spent there. WOOHOO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread