Status
Not open for further replies.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Once dried and rised there should be no residue left of the alcohol to breathe in.

I have used it for over 6 months at times to clear vapor and no problem with my attys.

Let me add, I dont soak the atty. I rinse it out.

So if you soak I dont know what it will do to your attys adhesive??

And there you have it :))

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I've used CrestPro - the blue stuff. Heat it up to WARM, drop the atty's in, swish for a minute or two, rinse, blow the atty's out and let dry overnight. Once the atty's are dry, drop a few drops on the wick and you're good to go. Works great!

Crest pro here as well. leaves no after taste, cleans the atty real well. I usually soak mine for a while. I will have to try heating it next time. I do have to say it works well.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just curious....

You decide.

Isopropyl rubbing alcohol is poisonous and can cause permanent disabling illness or death if consumed, similar to ethyl alcohol, but not as bad as methyl alcohol.

Isopropyl alcohol is oxidized by the liver into acetone by alcohol dehydrogenase. Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol poisoning include flushing, headache, dizziness, CNS depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, and coma. Use in well-ventilated areas and use protective gloves while using. Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or absorption.
Isopropyl alcohol is about twice as toxic as ethanol, and acts as a central nervous system (CNS) depressant. Its metabolite, acetone, is a CNS depressant in its own right. Around 15 g of isopropyl alcohol can have a toxic effect on a 70 kg human if left untreated.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Pure Grain Alcohol... (EverClear, found in the liquor section of most stores in most states). If you can't get that, use Vodka.

I use Crest Pro Health mouthwash if it is really gunky, soak... then put in the PGA for a while. Blow out the atty and the PGA evaporates so no need to rinse with water at all.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Another vote for safety. I use Efferdent or vodka; Everclear can work too. Then a hot water rinse or soak. Blow out, drain and dry overnight is what I do.

I do use isopropyl (alcohol wipes) on the outside of my attys or batteries to get grease or juice off, but never the inside or where my mouth is going to be.

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
I would say don't dry it right after a rubbing alcohol bath, I usually run my atty under HOT water for a min or so before the rubbing alcohol bath, then after the rubbing alcohol bath, I will run it under HOT water again for a min, then leave it out to dry for a day or 2. Nothing has BLOWN up on me and I'm clearly still alive, so I believe that last rinse gives you your get out of jail free card. lol I've been leaving the attys in rubbing alcohol over night, don't do that because I cant seem to get an atty to last over 2 days and I think that may be the culprit. Does the prohealth mouthwash work better than rubbing alcohol? Is it safe to leave an atty in a prohealth bath overnight? Would I need to leave it in a bath?

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yes.. Rinse it with hot water for 3 minutes, then soak them in isopropyl alcohol for 3 minutes, then rerinse them very well in hot water again. Blow them out over a sink through the threaded end for a minute and set them threaded side up to dry. Boiling them works also, but it chips the pain off the outside of the atty.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Just curious....

Yes, you may certainly use "Rubbing Alcohol" to clean an atomizer!

You decide.

Isopropyl rubbing alcohol is poisonous and can cause permanent disabling illness or death if consumed, similar to ethyl alcohol, but not as bad as methyl alcohol.

Isopropyl alcohol is oxidized by the liver into acetone by alcohol dehydrogenase. Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol poisoning include flushing, headache, dizziness, CNS depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, and coma. Use in well-ventilated areas and use protective gloves while using. Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or absorption.
Isopropyl alcohol is about twice as toxic as ethanol, and acts as a central nervous system (CNS) depressant. Its metabolite, acetone, is a CNS depressant in its own right. Around 15 g of isopropyl alcohol can have a toxic effect on a 70 kg human if left untreated.

But you shouldn't!

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I routinely used 99% Isopropyl to clean atties. I would use it to soak the atty to rinse out the remaining juice, then soak in 3% peroxide to get rid of residue and whiten the fiber wick. I would then rinse all that out with the atty stuck in the end of a desoldering bulb (kinda like an enema bulb) in the sink full of water. Squeeze water in, squeeze water out maybe 10 times. There's no way there would be any residue of isopropyl or peroxide after that. No negative effects on me using this method. I think it's completely safe to use as long as you rinse it thoroughly.

I also use a pellet gun to open cans and a wire brush to clean cuts and scrapes :lol:

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
I wouldn't use rubbing alc for your atty. I did a ton of research on this topic, the crest pro worked the best with no threat of harming anybody. Read the label on the alc bottle, what does it say? Do you really want to take a chance and vape a few drops of alc, I don't. Stick with warm crest or vodka. Cleaning the atty does extend the life of the atty I don't care what others say. I'm still waiting for somebody that throws atty's away after three weeks use to throw some my way! I use the 801 atty. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread