Is It OK To Use Rubbing Alcohol To Clean Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
I was reading up on cleaning batteries. I have a few Volt Spinners. Some articles say not to use rubbing alcohol cause it will dry out the rubber/plastic ring in the battery. Some say it's best to use rubbing alcohol though. On the help videos on SI forums, it says it's best to use rubbing alcohol. So what's the best way to clean the batteries? Thanks

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I personally do not like to use rubbing alcohol on any of my vape stuff. I used eye glass cleaner wipes a couple of times and my coating started coming off. When I was using them, mine never got that dirty that I needed anything more than a wet rag with just water. But I am sure you will get some good suggestions here. I look forward to learning something myself. Good luck to you.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Actually, most people say it's best to use PGA (pure grain alcohol, like Everclear) or even Vodka... but why waste good booze??? :D LOL!!

I use 91% Isopropyl alcohol, as opposed to rubbing alcohol, and have never had any problems in over 4 yrs. of vaping. :)
(you can find them on the same shelf in most Drug Stores)

I always wipe the threads off with a paper towel when changing tanks, and before putting on the charger... and clean with an alcohol soaked, but not dripping, Q-tip once in a while.

I even use it to soak my attys, heads and coils with, too, when they start getting a little gunked up. Just be sure to rinse those with HOT water and let air dry thoroughly before using again!! :vapor:

I use alcohol and soak my coils in vodka over night..

Looks like we had the same idea, but I type slooooow!! ;)

Last edited:

Ricky Spanish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
I was reading up on cleaning batteries. I have a few Volt Spinners. Some articles say not to use rubbing alcohol cause it will dry out the rubber/plastic ring in the battery. Some say it's best to use rubbing alcohol though. On the help videos on SI forums, it says it's best to use rubbing alcohol. So what's the best way to clean the batteries? Thanks

Is this what you are talking about?

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I refuse to buy cheap booze, and refuse to waste good booze! :p

When needed, I soak my tanks and coils in warm water with unflavored denture tablets. :)

Howdy stranger... :D Long time, no see!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
paddy-smiley162.gif~original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread