Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I tried the oven thing once... burned all my cartos which in turn melted onto my favorite baking dish. :)

I've not done the sock in the dryer technique, but I have had good results with using the steam from my espresso maker. If you have any sort of connector to then put the wet carto into a syringe, you can get a good amount of the moisture out by "syringing" it. Also fan drying helps (put them into the wires of the fan, carefully [if you're not careful, they scratch easily]). Some people have had luck using a blow dryer.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Reverse Taryn Spin FTW

That's a good idea....I never thought about that.

I've read through the posts and might have missed it but is there a way to clean them with alcohol/vodka (boge 505s) without using a syringe? I boiled them in hot water for 17 minutes but there was still junk in there. Then I tried putting them in a sock in the dryer and they got all scratched.

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I hope it's ok for me to post here??? Really just trying to be helpful.

Sure....I used Everclear when I was using a KR808 and would just put a couple in a tall plastic pill bottle half full and shake em up! Then do the spin.....those little velvet bags that some companies send with their batteries.....PERFECT for the spin. Also....you con just put a cotton ball in the bottom of the bag....and reverse spin the juice out of a carto if you don't like the flavor.

One thing though.....once the juice carmelizes....and that's really what most of that nasty black tar looking stuff is....carmelized sugar....nothing will get rid of it. Why the best way to get the most out of your cartos....never let them go dry.

Hope that helped!

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
not sure isopropanol is a good idea, but I don't know. depends on how well you can rinse the residues with hot water afterward

personally soak in PGA 12-72 hours (assuming I want a flavorless carto, otherwise skip this step), then repeatedly flush with hot water in a turkey baster or baby syringe with adaptor ~1 minute to ditch all the ETOH. Its not good for the coils I hear

Zodas

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
columbus ohio
not sure isopropanol is a good idea, but I don't know. depends on how well you can rinse the residues with hot water afterward

personally soak in PGA 12-72 hours (assuming I want a flavorless carto, otherwise skip this step), then repeatedly flush with hot water in a turkey baster or baby syringe with adaptor ~1 minute to ditch all the ETOH. Its not good for the coils I hear

After soaking I Taryn spin the excess isopropyl out of them and immediately put them in front of a fan...I assume all the alcohol should evaporate fairly quickly. I just have no luck using water or boiling...it takes too long to dry and they never work right again after that.

Small traces of isopropyl shouldnt be too harmful...I hope.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Turkey basters and most of the other stuff mentioned in this thread are not widely available in Sweden so I just took a syringe (no needle) and one of the condoms my cartos came with. I poked a tiny hole in the condom and forced the tip of the syringe through it. That way, I could suck and push hot water through the carto with ease. Works like a charm.

I'll post pics if needed.

I do something similar. I have a 20ml syringe. There is a sleeve around the threads for the needle that is the same diameter as a carto. I removed the needle and I cut the end off a long carto condom and slipped it over that sleeve. I wrapped a rubber band around that several times and that really secures it. I soak my dirty cartos in very hot water for ten minutes and then insert them mouth side first into that condomed syringe. I draw the hot water through the carto. I have to hold the carto with the condom when I expell the water but it works great and I didn't have to buy a thing. I do that about half a dozen times and can see burned particles coming out. I don't boil my cartos as I find the filling shrinks. I use the same syringe rig to blow most of the water out of the cartos. Two hours in my toaster oven at 190 degrees and they are ready to refill.

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Rockler Woodworking and some of the places like that have a lot of sizes of this stuff for injecting glue into tight places as well if you cant find them. You used to be able to get a huge syringe at the flooring supply tool counter that was used to inject floor glue into a bubble in your glue down carpet of vinyl floor.

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.....but as a hard and fast rule for myself.....if I don't think it's safe to eat or drink....I sure won't put it in my lungs. (in reference to isopropol alcohol)

I saw a guy in you tube using denatured alcohol from a home supply to flush them.
Not sure I have a lot of confidence in that idea either. I'd stay with the vodka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread