This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

CASAA launches tobacco harm reduction success stories collection

Discussion in 'CASAA' started by kristin, May 24, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dePeatrick

dePeatrick Full Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Ireland
  2. Davinna

Davinna Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    Central Il, USA
    Testimonial submitted!

Thanks for putting this together.

Is there somewhere to see all the testimonials online?

3. pwmeek

pwmeek Full Member Verified Member

Oct 8, 2011
    SE Michigan
    They are still accepting them. I just sent mine in.

4. Malik Brands

Malik Brands Full Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Land Of The Free
    I appreciate your work but it seems like the majority function of your movement is surrounded around United States.

Perhaps I am unaware but please enlighten me on your efforts in places like Europe and Asia (where I am from).

By the way, I joined today.

5. pwmeek

pwmeek Full Member Verified Member

Oct 8, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Since each jurisdiction tends to look at what other jurisdictions have done when contemplating its own new laws, what happens in the US will affect Europe and Asia, just as what happens there affects us in the US.

I have also posted my quitting story in European collections, and would be happy to do the same in any Asian collection. I just haven't been made aware of any such collections.

6. Malik Brands

Malik Brands Full Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Land Of The Free
    Thank you.

7. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Sky Island
    testimonial Done. Also sent it to the local newspaper as an opinion piece.

8. Simon82895

Simon82895 Full Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Manville, NJ USA
    Done. If you feel the need to edit anything I don't mind.

Simon in NJ

9. amoret

amoret Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    Is this done now? I went to the link and got "The survey you are trying to take is either not live or not available to you."

10. NicksCloud

NicksCloud Senior Member Verified Member

May 13, 2014
    USA
    I just submitted my story publicly with my name and location. Thank you for sharing this link.

11. BooBoo888

BooBoo888 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2013
    PA, USA
  12. benroy44

benroy44 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Cortez Co.
  13. ArtyPa

ArtyPa Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Delaware
    Long version is typical of every other city kid from a blue collar environment.....(Thats SW Philadelphia)
    smoking became ME and i became SMOKING
    My life changed when I discovered vaping 50 years after I started tobacco.
    i can now die from some other condition... Watch..I'll get hit by a Marlboro Truck...(hehehe)

Arty
    Milton, De

14. claudebo

claudebo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    Maine
    here's what I posted

Hi

Thank you for the opportunity to describe my smoking history and how I have not smoked a cigarette for over a year.

I started smoking at an early age, before freshman in high school I had already tobacco.
    I was smoking regularly by junior year in high school. That was in 1968, when I was 17.

I did quit for 3 years in 1986 to 1989, but made the mistake of playing with cigarettes again. It was as if I had never quit.

My habit was at about 1.75 packs per day. Fairly consistent though the years.

I tried e-cigs in 2011, with limited success, had equipment problems and it was not providing what I needed or what I was getting from cigarettes. I tried again in spring of 2013 with a new batch of equipment and I real understanding that pushing myself with guilt was not going to work.

My quitting system was quite simple have a use your e-cig equipment prior to having a cigarette.
    At that point I was at 24 ml of nicotine. It toke the edge off and encouraged me to continue.
    By August I smoked my last one, and only half of it. Don't get me wrong it was not easy, but it worked, unlike the other attempts gum, patch and celebrex.
    So now I am an e-liquid addict, is it better? Well I feel better, my cough is gone, I don't take cough medicine before going to bed.
    Are there bad side effects, yes food taste so good!! I have gained 10 lbs. If I use to much e-liquid I do not sleep well.

So where are things now, well:

I learned never to play with cigarettes again, not even once.
    My nicotine level is between 9 and 12 ml slowly cutting down from a high of 24.
    Cost of e-cigs now including equipment replacement is at 75 per month.
    Am thankfull for all the advice I got from fellow e-cigs users on u-tube and the
    the forum.
    I greatest wish if that I could be an addict in peace, without worry about FDA
    and other agencies that do not seem to realize that a non-perfect solution is
    still a liable solution.

Regards,

claudebo

15. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2014
    Arizona, Ecuador
    Done, story submitted...!

16. charly1954

charly1954 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Logan, Indiana
    Started smoking when I was 19(1973). Quit for 3 yrs in 2002 was doing great. Then My idiot X-son in-law come up to me in a bar and acted like everything was hunky-dory. I got anxious and blood boiled, I picked up a cig and the rest we all know. I might add the Idiot X-son-in-law put a load gun on my daughters head, he lied his way out and the Cops didn't prosicute.

Anyway in 2012 I had a light stroke, I started Vaping and cut my cigs down to about 2/day. I would lite a cig up, take 2-3 drags then put it out, that way I could lite up 1 cig 5-6 times. Then New Years Eve 2013 I finally got off Cigs, its been over a year of No smoke just Vaping.

Also I carry 2 egos, one tank with 6mg Nic and the other is 0 Nic. So half of what I vape is 0 Nic.

This is what E-Cigs has done for me, if it wasn't for E-Cigs I know I still would be smoking a carton/week.