[CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tom, a while back you had mentioned possibly doing black ultem buttons... Are those going to be a item?? I want that complete murdered out look :)
I wish I had the time. If you want to send me a foot or two of black Ultem in 3/8" or 10mm I could make you a set. My buttons are pretty simple.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
It self-adjusts. Not sure how much "play" it has, but never had issue aligning atties.

Sent from my H1623 using Tapatalk
These are set for 4.05mm relaxed and 5.1mm bottomed out. Nearly every Atty that I work on is 4.6-4.8mm; this is ideal for use with the LBC. Significant contact pressure as well as seating the o-ring pretty deep in the cup for a strong seal and optimum conductivity. Set deeper and you risk not connecting with some of the shallower attys. Shallower and leakage around the 510 when no atty is installed is eminent. The lbc200's were set at 4.15mm and I didn't like the conductivity when used with temp control. Even better with a tiny flat head and a 6mm wrench and or nut driver you can set it at whatever range you like; just make sure you get the nuts that pinch the braid tight.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Congrats on the growing family! [emoji16]

About a month ago I dropped one of my LBCs onto concrete too. Same as you, I watched in horror as faceplate and buttons went flying, while the poor evolv chip just dangled. Put it all back in place and not even a chip on the powder coat. It did seem to knock the 510 nut loose a bit, and was getting wild resistance readings for a day or so until I figured out that it just needed tightening.

Rock solid mods, and thoroughly impressed how tough the powder coat finish is.

Sent from my H1623 using Tapatalk
Correction... the chip wasn't dangling, that baby is bolted in solid. The screen by the very nature of the board was dangling. Not much I can do to stop that. My board pocket is .75mm too narrow to use a screen mount. I bought a pile of the board mounts for just that purpose but they won't fit. I didn't want to sacrifice the requisite 1 mm of aluminum to make them work

SirVtHondaGuy08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
I wish I had the time. If you want to send me a foot or two of black Ultem in 3/8" or 10mm I could make you a set. My buttons are pretty simple.

Lol that's a lot to make a 3 buttons lol, now I gotta find a roll :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: havok333

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Correction... the chip wasn't dangling, that baby is bolted in solid. The screen by the very nature of the board was dangling. Not much I can do to stop that. My board pocket is .75mm too narrow to use a screen mount. I bought a pile of the board mounts for just that purpose but they won't fit. I didn't want to sacrifice the requisite 1 mm of aluminum to make them work
You're exactly right, just the screen was dangling. My bad. Still scared the shiite outta me. [emoji23] It did illustrate how well the LBC is made, as it all clicked right back together and worked great. Showed the toughness of the powder coat finish too!

If you have room on the Jr. list still, I'll gladly jump on into the spot. Is their a spreadsheet to fill out, or do I need to dust off the Facebook account?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: YePsTeR

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
You're exactly right, just the screen was dangling. My bad. Still scared the shiite outta me. [emoji23] It did illustrate how well the LBC is made, as it all clicked right back together and worked great. Showed the toughness of the powder coat finish too!

If you have room on the Jr. list still, I'll gladly jump on into the spot. Is their a spreadsheet to fill out, or do I need to dust off the Facebook account?

Neither at the moment... I will be making all 20 of this batch that is currently underway. I'm pretty sure I have 1 or 2 spares but I'm not 100% certain. So in a word; stay ready.

Reactions: havok333

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Neither at the moment... I will be making all 20 of this batch that is currently underway. I'm pretty sure I have 1 or 2 spares but I'm not 100% certain. So in a word; stay ready.
Will send payment on a dime, so just let me know of any openings. Im feeling froggy, ready to jump!

Reactions: beez0527

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Will send payment on a dime, so just let me know of any openings. Im feeling froggy, ready to jump!

I know the feeling I'm waiting on 3 great mods now, my 2nd lbc Jr my first BAM and my first bolt ( SP edition). I'm ready to jump through the roof[emoji573]

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I would like to know when the Ti Stumpies will be ready. :?:

:thumbs:

:|

o_O

:img:
I asked the same awhile back but I think he's been too busy to cuss me for the idea, we know Tom loves TI [emoji14]

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I asked the same awhile back but I think he's been too busy to cuss me for the idea, we know Tom loves TI [emoji14]

I would love to do Ti Stumpys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread