Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Progress pic:
IMG_0727.JPG

Notice these are a lot deeper black. Also notice the re-engineered contact system. The negative wire has been deleted. Full mech sterling silver on the negative side. Positive input and stinger will remain nearly the same as before.

On the last batch I had one that allowed the 510 to unscrew with its atty, not happy about that. This group will not have that issue; these will be torqued to about 10x the old spec (will probably decrease voltage drop even further.

Also notice the slightly changed finish, these will have a very thin single layer of clear satin which will seal the carbon fiber as well as give the mod a much more uniform look. The insides are also coated to keep juice from soaking into the carbon

Notice also the 510's stick up .3mm instead of the usual .1mm this was done so I could deck the tops of the mods just because that's the one part of the previous mods I really wasn't happy about.

I took 2 days of "Vacation" in hopes getting these done or at least mostly done. 10hrs today probably another 10hrs tomorrow.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I'm good. Work (Day job; Dodging subway trains, playing really dirty tunnels) required me to take a 5 week class which placed me in the worst of D.C.'s rush hour traffic everyday. Leaving the house at 5am and getting home between 5pm and 7pm everyday and still having to deal with my 15 year old athlete son alone. This left me with only a few hours a week to work on mods, attys and customer support behind the scenes. Since the class has been over and we have gotten into a rhythm regarding balancing homework, sports, and Catfish ventures I have made more progress on the current run which is drawing to a close finally.
Zach doing what Zach does: (#53 Green; triple teamed)
IMG_3825.JPG

Any hoo... I will be speaking with Harry tonight about a few faceplate revisions for the LBC Jr as well as pressuring the Stumpy issue. I have also come up with a different material for the LBC jr. Check it out 3d printed Ultem. I have a pair of demo's on the way (see pics below in raw form) that will be an option soon.
IMG_3865.JPG

And yes' these will be finished smooth just like the carbon fiber/nylon version but these won't need the intricate positive isolator system which should save on time.

I should also mention once the current run ships the ss doors will be no more. The new standard equipment doors will be matching 3d printed doors similar to the ones pictured above. I will also make all three current 75w boards available as well (DNA 75 classic, DNA 75c, and the Yihi sx475). I will also be testing out the new LG 20650 cell to see if we can shorten up the JR a bit.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
4ad53a41b327d3b7353550498832f986.jpg

Lovin my LBC's! Can't imagine any regulated device topping them but that ultem...wow!
What wattage do you vape at? If under 75w works for you the jr actually has better battery life. The 20700 is an awesome cell. Almost 10mm smaller in width and height and less than half the weight. The sr will always be prettier but the Jr is bordering on small to mid sized in comparison.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Ive got the single coil (Tobacco) at 70 and the dual (fruity) at 90 watts right now but I also adjust through out the day. Rarely do I go above 100 watts, but I am so close to capping out the 75, I fear I would be left wanting. I'll admit, the LiPo battery is a little weak, but having the opportunity to charge anytime I am near a USB (which is often) offsets any negativity. With the two on hand, I have never ran outa battery before the other is charged. Can (should) you charge the 20700 or the 20650 in the mod or is it suggested to charge it in a dedicated charger? Any chance of a DNA 200/250 COLOR with a new face panel for the LBC?

Reactions: havok333

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Ive got the single coil (Tobacco) at 70 and the dual (fruity) at 90 watts right now but I also adjust through out the day. Rarely do I go above 100 watts, but I am so close to capping out the 75, I fear I would be left wanting. I'll admit, the LiPo battery is a little weak, but having the opportunity to charge anytime I am near a USB (which is often) offsets any negativity. With the two on hand, I have never ran outa battery before the other is charged. Can (should) you charge the 20700 or the 20650 in the mod or is it suggested to charge it in a dedicated charger? Any chance of a DNA 200/250 COLOR with a new face panel for the LBC?
Like you, I'm near 1A USB charging most all the time so been very happy with the LBCs. [emoji106]

Sent from my H1623 using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I charge both ways frequently. No worries either way.
Has the 250c been announced yet? I can do a 250 Classic no problem. The color version will require new carbon fiber bezels to be designed and cut.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Have you guys tried the Flave by AllianceTech? I wish they would go out of production so I can do a HD version. Other than the slightly too small terminal hardware IMO it's the perfect atty. I have 3 now and looking for more. The squonk pin needs work but other than that it's perfect, not made in china, and has the perfect amount of air for me. Think Narda meets Goon with modern looks. I tried the Soul, the Solo, the Armour which are all made well but come up short on air for me.

SirVtHondaGuy08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
Have you guys tried the Flave by AllianceTech? I wish they would go out of production so I can do a HD version. Other than the slightly too small terminal hardware IMO it's the perfect atty. I have 3 now and looking for more. The squonk pin needs work but other than that it's perfect, not made in china, and has the perfect amount of air for me. Think Narda meets Goon with modern looks. I tried the Soul, the Solo, the Armour which are all made well but come up short on air for me.

Lol I have the 22 and it’s not my cup of tea :-/
dea8f3d1085cb62de3b5a17e9edf1a56.heic

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Interesting...I've been waiting for them to make a 22mm, but not Titanium. I mean, titanium is nice, but it's not an extra 35 EURO nice...not when I'm up at like $100 already.
I just figured the 22 might be awesome, as it looks good overall, but bigger than necessary. And, for instance, I LOVE my Goon22 but never really liked the OG Goon.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Lol I have the 22 and it’s not my cup of tea :-/
dea8f3d1085cb62de3b5a17e9edf1a56.heic
What didn't you like about it? Draw too loose? The squonk pin is all wrong so that will actually compound the issue. I bore mine out to 1.7mm (stock is about 1.3mm) and machine them 1mm above flush with the deck. Stock the pin sticks up like 4-5mm which gives you the swamp wick experience. Mine squonk exactly like the Stumpy. Easy squeeze and almost full drainage with a 1mm well. Just enough to coat the bottom of the atty but not enough to leak and spit.

So what IS your cup of tea? I'd be up for a trade if you were so inclined.

SirVtHondaGuy08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
What didn't you like about it? Draw too loose? The squonk pin is all wrong so that will actually compound the issue. I bore mine out to 1.7mm (stock is about 1.3mm) and machine them 1mm above flush with the deck. Stock the pin sticks up like 4-5mm which gives you the swamp wick experience. Mine squonk exactly like the Stumpy. Easy squeeze and almost full drainage with a 1mm well. Just enough to coat the bottom of the atty but not enough to leak and spit.

It was a little airy for my liking and it got hot quick, I like a warm vape but not when the RDA itself is hot lol. I’d probably like it more with a different drip tip and shorter pin since I’ve experienced the swap vape.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
It was a little airy for my liking and it got hot quick, I like a warm vape but not when the RDA itself is hot lol. I’d probably like it more with a different drip tip and shorter pin since I’ve experienced the swap vape.
Did the Ti version come with the Ultem tip as well? Send it (the atty not just the tip) to me and I will tune it up for you as an apology for taking so long with you Jr and if you don't like it then we can talk about trades. Fair enough?

• Winner
Reactions: MFToms59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread