[CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
So what's the class's thoughts on the new sx485c BT? I want one... In a LBC jr...
IMG_3868.JPG

SirVtHondaGuy08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
Did the Ti version come with the Ultem tip as well? Send it (the atty not just the tip) to me and I will tune it up for you as an apology for taking so long with you Jr and if you don't like it then we can talk about trades. Fair enough?

Lol if I didn’t have a trade all ready lined up I’d be all over it, and besides I’d rather have you take your time with the mod then rush it. My first catfish experience needs to be perfect, granted I have a few of your atties for Hankspankman(RIP).

Reactions: YePsTeR

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Hadn't thought of that, but now cannot stop. Okay, so one each of the ultems. [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I have yet to lay hands on one of the Ultem bodies I'm not 100% sure the material is strong enough to make it a production mod u till I get a chance to put it though its paces. If they come in and they are weak or fragile compared to the carbon fiber I may have to increase the wall thicknesses .75-1mm.

cveez11

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2015
Did the Ti version come with the Ultem tip as well? Send it (the atty not just the tip) to me and I will tune it up for you as an apology for taking so long with you Jr and if you don't like it then we can talk about trades. Fair enough?
Thomas, if you are offering, i would definitely send my flave 22 for a tune up. Let me know. Sounds like a huge upgrade.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Got the invoice today for the 2 Ultem sets, bad news... Evidently the Ultem 3d is a royal PITA to remove the support material and must be done hot. The upcharge for the Ultem material and the labor charge to remove the support material doubles the price of the carbon fiber. That would drive the final cost to $350 vs the current $270. What do you think? Is it worth it? or should I go the other direction with straight nylon like everyone else (which is half the price of the carbon/nylon and available in a bunch of colors and will arrive much smoother) for a final price of $250?

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum Rules

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Got the invoice today for the 2 Ultem sets, bad news... Evidently the Ultem 3d is a royal PITA to remove the support material and must be done hot. The upcharge for the Ultem material and the labor charge to remove the support material doubles the price of the carbon fiber. That would drive the final cost to $350 vs the current $270. What do you think? Is it worth it? or should I go the other direction with straight nylon like everyone else (which is half the price of the carbon/nylon and available in a bunch of colors and will arrive much smoother) for a final price of $250?
I'd do $350 for an ultem LBC Jr.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I'd probably be in for one as well.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Reactions: havok333

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Hey Tom, Is the current batch with the ss door sold out?
Yes but no... I believe I have a pair (2 mods) that are currently not sold. 1 is earmarked for Havok, 1 is unclaimed currently. These are almost done... 12 wired 8 to go. Won't be long now.
IMG_3877.JPG

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I'd probably be in for one as well.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk
Ultem bodies are in. I did the finish sanding on one of the bodys this morning. I will have pics up in a few days. The final color is pearly ivory and super hard. I don't think these will become a regular thing; more of a special edition like the LBC powders.

Drillerrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2015
Yes but no... I believe I have a pair (2 mods) that are currently not sold. 1 is earmarked for Havok, 1 is unclaimed currently. These are almost done... 12 wired 8 to go. Won't be long now.
View attachment 694587
Can I claim the final one? Also do you have any batteries to accompany the mod?

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Maybe. Stay close.

On the topic of batteries I'm not sure if you guys have been paying attention but evidently IJoy has recently switched cells to a lower grade cell (20700) but is still using the same wrap. Mooch and a few others caught them... I'm not going to say anymore on that topic; if you want to know more check out Mooch's forum on ECF.

That said I have a few of the older IJoy 20700 cells before this happened. I'm also ordering real Sanyo 20700a cells that will require me to dismantle a few battery packs that I will have available. The real 20700a cells are still in production but Sanyo doesn't support vaping (same thing Sony tried to do with the Vtc5 a few years ago. I will be selling them if you are interested as well. I'm still using the Sanyos that I bought when the LBC jr was in prototype form and they are still kicking ..... Just a heads up. The packs should be here Saturday

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Maybe. Stay close.

On the topic of batteries I'm not sure if you guys have been paying attention but evidently IJoy has recently switched cells to a lower grade cell (20700) but is still using the same wrap. Mooch and a few others caught them... I'm not going to say anymore on that topic; if you want to know more check out Mooch's forum on ECF.

That said I have a few of the older IJoy 20700 cells before this happened. I'm also ordering real Sanyo 20700a cells that will require me to dismantle a few battery packs that I will have available. The real 20700a cells are still in production but Sanyo doesn't support vaping (same thing Sony tried to do with the Vtc5 a few years ago. I will be selling them if you are interested as well. I'm still using the Sanyos that I bought when the LBC jr was in prototype form and they are still kicking ..... Just a heads up. The packs should be here Saturday
Let me know very interested in some of these for sure.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Ultem bodies are in. I did the finish sanding on one of the bodys this morning. I will have pics up in a few days. The final color is pearly ivory and super hard. I don't think these will become a regular thing; more of a special edition like the LBC powders.
Sounds interesting, can't wait to see pics!

Sent from my H1623 using Tapatalk

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
View attachment 694587
That's awesome! Wasn't sure if there would be any extras, but I'll certainly be standing by.

Reactions: beez0527

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
That's awesome! Wasn't sure if there would be any extras, but I'll certainly be standing by.

If you don't already have one you are in for a great surprise, best regulated mod for the price. I have 2 favorite mods lbc Jr and BAM dna75c. Also love my original LBC's but for out and about the other 2 are tops easily.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Reactions: havok333
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread