Not open for further replies.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
GRUBBED = replace standard post screws with grub screws

SLAMMED = remove REMatty standard super wide bore top and replace with REMatty slam cap so will take standard drip tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rolleyes: Thank you!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
That is the exact way I have bent my negative leg for the rem. The negative grub/screw slips right into the loop so the wire ends up being wrapped around the screw/grub. I have not yet tried the other bending method but I will next recoil.

Hello there P! The wire wrapped AROUND the screw works perfectly with Kanthal however this was a nickel build for use with the dna40 in temperature control. In this case it is imperative that the wire is captured directly under the screw otherwise the ohms may read too low and or the ohms and temperature readings will tend to jump all over the place.

Another thing to look at is the right grub screw for the job. I ordered 3 different types to find what I felt would be best. The interesting thing was that with the ni200, it turned out to be the non marring flat points that worked out for the best for the positive post while the extended points worked out best for the negatives although the non marring will porobably also work out for all 3 when using Kanthal as well. ( I bought the pointed grubs figuring that if they didn't work out I could use them for playing around with ribbon)

As Tom mentioned earlier in the thread, the proper size is 4-40 1/8". Here are the three that I have on hand. (R to L) Cone point, Extended point and Non marring point. Mcmaster-Carr is our friend...;)

PlI97AU.jpg

Last edited:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Hello there P! The wire wrapped AROUND the screw works perfectly with Kanthal however this was a nickel build for use with the dna40 in temperature control. In this case it is imperative that the wire is captured directly under the screw otherwise the ohms may read too low and or the ohms and temperature readings will tend to jump all over the place.

Another thing to look at is the right grub screw for the job. I ordered 3 different types to find what I feel is best. The interesting thing was that with the ni200, it turned out to be the non marring flat points that worked out for the best for the positive post while the extended points worked out best for the negatives although the non marring will porobably also work out for all 3 when using Kanthal as well. ( I bought the pointed grubs figuring that if they didn't work out I could use them for playing around with ribbon)

As Tom mentioned earlier in the thread, the proper size is 4-40 1/8". Here are the three that I have on hand. (R to L) Cone point, Extended point and Non marring point. Mcmaster-Carr is our friend...;)

Good point. I should have mentioned I was using Kanthal. I need to order some of those nifty point grubs. I have ordinary ones ready for the next build :)

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I would like to release both the Manta Authentic and the Rogue authentic on Thursday. I will also be demo-ing a Hobo3 and a few vectors. June is going to be a big month for authentics.

Hobo V3, EM atty, and Vector? Sheesh, I'm going to need more mods.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Thank you! You just saved me $150 I was worried about the leaking factor.

Ive been looking for another atty that will be comparable to the Veritas/Marquis, was hoping that the Raptor was the answer, but with a leaking issue... no thanks

IMO I'd recommend the Manta2, really good flavor, easy to build and a very adjustable AFC Top which screws on, I really like this feature. I'm a MTL hitter, but it seems pretty decent for you lung hitters, hopefully one will chime in. It's #2 for me, right behind the Marquis, and ahead of my Atomic & Lanica. The Lancia is pretty good for flavor and definitely will work for you Lungers, a moderate negative if you're an over-squonker, I've leaked a few times when blind-squonking.

^^^That looks very cool, but since I suck at building things I'm gonna have to wait for some enterprising modder to make something I can buy off the shelf that just works. (hint, hint...)
While I would love a regulated TMod, I simply cannot justify spending that kind of $. Here's looking forward to the CAM-R, and just to add to your workload, you should think about how to make a CAM-R 26650 while you're at it ;)

IMO, the Tmod regulated is looking pretty damn good, especially the yellow model on his thread, if the chip is really as good as they say, and you get a paint-job in the deal, I'd do it.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Dual 18650 CAM Mech Squonker

1. 73neb
2. Graywolf1911
3. Houndb
4. MFToms59
5. Magaro
6. hildicat
7. Nautilusfan
8. Papa_Lazarou
9. Lutses
10. Magnetnerd

Backup

11. TheDigital99
12. yinsen
13. snakedoc
14. Robbieblood
15. IonMan
16. distortoblotto
17. petemoss
18. B2L
19. Raynman
20. super_X_drifter

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok so is there actually a Catfish squonker or is it running joke? If so i'd like to see pics of it, all of it.
Ain't no joke! Both the upcoming CAM mods are going to be bad ...!! ;)
Even Super X has jumped on board. Someone in Reo land is shedding a tear right now!:lol:

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA

1. 73neb
2. Graywolf1911
3. Houndb
4. MFToms59
5. Magaro
6. hildicat
7. Nautilusfan
8. Papa_Lazarou
9. Lutses
10. Magnetnerd

Backup

11. TheDigital99
12. yinsen
13. snakedoc
14. Robbieblood
15. IonMan
16. distortoblotto
17. petemoss
18. B2L
19. Raynman
20. super_X_drifter

About time you showed up. :thumb:

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham

1. 73neb
2. Graywolf1911
3. Houndb
4. MFToms59
5. Magaro
6. hildicat
7. Nautilusfan
8. Papa_Lazarou
9. Lutses
10. Magnetnerd

Backup

11. TheDigital99
12. yinsen
13. snakedoc
14. Robbieblood
15. IonMan
16. distortoblotto
17. petemoss
18. B2L
19. Raynman
20. super_X_drifter
21. 2buildawall

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Interesting how interest in the CAM-M has blown up. Cool how an unusable idea for the R has turned into another product for you Tom. Everyone that's gotten to know your work knows whatever you produce will be first class!!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Ain't no joke! Both the upcoming CAM mods are going to be bad ***!! ;)
Even Super X has jumped on board. Someone in Reo land is shedding a tear right now!:lol:

No, no need for any tears. I love REOs and I am a REOnaut. I have 5 REOs. Like Rob, Tom is a friend. I buy mods from friends only. I have another friend now too thanks to Tom. Tbev, and I bought a mod from him too.
I can't wait to get it. I already have 5 of the sickest mods on the planet. I'm about to have 2 more. Just doing my part to support my amigos while I support my love for killer metal mech squonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread