Catfish atty mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
My own OCD is my only issue. My build on it is fine.

Well you may still find there is improvement elsewhere, who knows. Id be interested for matching setups, coil ohms, size, height, air identical in both - see if there is anything different - over to you Rule [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
You are welcome, but I wonder if IonMan meant to be on the list twice?

I don't think so, he dropped his name back on as he had disappeared from the list

calling iron man you may want to clear up

Call Tom you need to get the next 10 on order [emoji12]

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tom - haven't seen much action on the Havok1 list...
Should I give up hope for it, and instead get a Rogue you've got in stock, and also pick up a crappy black-cap rogue clone (thus recreating the original Havok atty)?
I have tons of stuff here and on the way. I have 10 authentic Rogues on the way, I have 25 authentic Mantas that arrived this afternoon very nice btw. Better machining by far, nice Phillips head screws, and most importantly correctly aligned posts.
I think there is one already. I just ordered them yesterday so it can't be too far back.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Is it time to pay for the authentic Mantas yet?
I would like to release both the Manta Authentic and the Rogue authentic on Thursday. I will also be demo-ing a Hobo3 and a few vectors. June is going to be a big month for authentics.

IonMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
Bradley, Illinois, United States
Penguin, thank you, your awesome. I ammended the list... as much as I'd love two of em!

Dual 18650 CAM Mech Squonker

1. 73neb
2. Graywolf1911
3. Houndb
4. MFToms59
5. Magaro
6. hildicat
7. Nautilusfan
8. Papa_Lazarou
9. Lutses
10. Magnetnerd

Backup

11. TheDigital99
12. yinsen
13. snakedoc
14. Robbieblood
15. IonMan
16. distortoblotto
17. petemoss
18. B2L
19. Raynman

Reactions: penguiness

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Tom - haven't seen much action on the Havok1 list...
Should I give up hope for it, and instead get a Rogue you've got in stock, and also pick up a crappy black-cap rogue clone (thus recreating the original Havok atty)?

I will get on them... I have supplier already in mind... And I assure you it isn't fast tech.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Well you may still find there is improvement elsewhere, who knows. Id be interested for matching setups, coil ohms, size, height, air identical in both - see if there is anything different - over to you Rule [emoji6]

I'm anxious to find out. It will be the first atty I have that I will have both the clone version and the authentic.

Reactions: RobbieVape

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Rematty grubbed and slammed...Hand wrapped and tensioned dual 26g ni200 3mm coils built to 0.08 ohms running at 420 degrees and 32 watts.

There is a problem with the stock center Post cap screw when slammed. The screw cuts off the air flow to the drip tip unless a very wide bore drip tip is used. With the grub, the problem goes away.

Vapes like a dream...:)

tmCtoK7.jpg

ISiL1gZ.jpg

tRAsafQ.jpg

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Rematty grubbed and slammed...Hand wrapped and tensioned dual 26g ni200 3mm coils built to 0.08 ohms running at 420 degrees and 32 watts.

There is a problem with the stock center Post cap screw when slammed. The screw cuts of the air flow to the drip tip unless a very wide bore drip tip is used. With the grub, the problem goes away.

tmCtoK7.jpg

ISiL1gZ.jpg

tRAsafQ.jpg
Ti e7'Classic... I like your moves... Have I created a monster?

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I have built all three atties. I have vaped all three atties. They have all been tested with a diy juice - Slothdae. None have been tested with my complex NT's yet.

REM - a piece of heaven, enough said.
Bonsai - seems sweet, gonna rebuild it when I have time though. Minor hot legs. Good flavor, easy build; like the four posts. Seems solid for a clone.
Rogue - this is amazing, I didn't expect a lot of flavor, and thoroughly expected to need to fiddle for it. Nope. Very satisfactory flavor, first attempt. Well, second attempt. First attempt I spun the post a bit o_O remedied.

Three awesome atties. The REM's at the top by a long shot so far except that the others are such easy builds. All three have great flavor and I haven't fiddled with the bonsai or rogue at all yet. The REM is the most "beautiful" atty I have ever used; it cannot be beat for ascetics in my book. The Derringer's right behind it followed by Rogue. I don't like the Bonsai in appearance but it seems like a flippin awesome vape :) :)

Love them. Catfish is the greatest :) they all squonk like they came from heaven.

ETA definitely behind in work because of this. The addiction of vaping...it ain't just the nicotine ;)
Glad you found love for the REM!

And I had a feeling you'd like the Rogue.

Thanks to Tom's great work, my Zenith V2.5 has been sitting in a shot glass untouched for weeks!!

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England

There is a problem with the stock center Post cap screw when slammed. The screw cuts of the air flow to the drip tip unless a very wide bore drip tip is used. With the grub, the problem goes away.

tmCtoK7.jpg

Now thats how you create a coil for a REMatty that's getting saved to my gallery. Nice work!

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA

tmCtoK7.jpg

ISiL1gZ.jpg

tRAsafQ.jpg

That is the exact way I have bent my negative leg for the REM. The negative grub/screw slips right into the loop so the wire ends up being wrapped around the screw/grub. I have not yet tried the other bending method but I will next recoil.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA

tmCtoK7.jpg

ISiL1gZ.jpg

tRAsafQ.jpg

Grubbed? Slammed? (I tried Google. Not helpful :))

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
Grubbed? Slammed? (I tried Google. Not helpful :))

GRUBBED = replace standard post screws with grub screws

SLAMMED = remove REMatty standard super wide bore top and replace with REMatty slam cap so will take standard drip tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread