Ce2's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
If you have already burned some juice onto the coil due to not wicking proper (will look like black char buildup) you may need to wash it out, dry it then dry burn it (hold down button till coil turns orange and release/repeat) to get the wick to turn white again where it runs through the coil or use a new Ce2 and do what everybody has mentioned. You might want to watch some youtube videos on how to fix them. I gurantee you if you get them working right it will let you taste your juice how it was ment to be tasted! They are just fiddley at first...once you get used to it they are easy to use and work great.

Yeah, I know how to dry burn... lol ;) I dont think there is any residue on it from my liquids, as it is brand new. If there is, than I wont be using them anymore, because that is soo not worth it! That would mean I'd be cleaning it all of the time.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
CE2s do not handle dirty burning liquid as well as DC does.
I use CE2 for clean burning liquid and DC for dirty burning liquids.

Yeah I'm kind of getting that. I don't really know the difference, bit I do know that JC juice is thicker than the rest and tends to dirty up atty's faster.

THank everyone for the advice on these fisety little ce2s!!

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Yeah I'm kind of getting that. I don't really know the difference, bit I do know that JC juice is thicker than the rest and tends to dirty up atty's faster.

THank everyone for the advice on these fisety little ce2s!!

I don't have a problem using thick liquid w/ broken in CE2.
Dark colored liquids often foul wick.
Menthol crystal liquids burn clean.
Of course unflavored is clean.
Flavorings which are super concentrated tend to make clean burning eliquid.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

There's more to it with the ingredients but as a general rule of thumb dark and/or sweet juices leave more of a residue behind that doesn't get completely vaporized and will build up on the coil faster than lighter and/or not sweet liquids.

I've got several flavors that I can only get 1 or two fills with before it needs cleaning. Others I can get 10 or more before it's time to clean.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
I don't have a problem using thick liquid w/ broken in CE2.
Dark colored liquids often foul wick.
Menthol crystal liquids burn clean.
Of course unflavored is clean.
Flavorings which are super concentrated tend to make clean burning eliquid.

Super concentrated meaning more flavor? I thought more flavor burned dirty?

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
Instead of on the cup ring the opening being rectangular, cutting the "v" gives the wicks more room, thus no pinching. If you toss the cup ring and only use the inner ring as I described there is no need to cut anything. Yes they may seem a bit fiddly now but I can actually use them out of the box no adjustments needed, but have done some of these( to try for better.) At this point I won't use anything else,they are my fav.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Instead of on the cup ring the opening being rectangular, cutting the "v" gives the wicks more room, thus no pinching. If you toss the cup and only use the inner ring as I described there is no need to cut anything. Yes they may seem a bit fiddly now but I can actually use them out of the box no adjustments needed, but have done some of these( to try for better.) At this point I won't use anything else,they are my fav.

I prefer factory setup as long as CE2 is performing well.
If CE2 misbehaves I flip the cup seal; that way I can still fill w/ syringe.
O-ring instead of cup is good for dropper fill.

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
I prefer factory setup as long as CE2 is performing well.
If CE2 misbehaves I flip the cup seal; that way I can still fill w/ syringe.
O-ring instead of cup is good for dropper fill.
I do as well, just letting it be known that I have done this in experimentation and that it does work okay that way too. I actually find that if I do the seal switch I can end up with more juice hits. So I only use this option when I don't want to lug a syringe around with me. But if they are having probs with the juice getting to the coil this is a viable option. I actually keep praying to the vape God's I win the lottery and could use a new one after every fill. LOL!

Rimau

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
I have no idea where I'm at
Morgy, with a new cart, pull off the black tip, then pull out the sealing ring that keeps it from leaking out. Just as you would to fill it, then, very gently, pull up a little on the bottom ring where the hole is for the wick. Just a little, not too much, that should help with the flow of juice from the wick. Do this on both sides. Some guys take it out completely and cut the opening in the rubber some to help the flow. I did that a few times, but found I didn't need to if I just lifted up a bit. At the factory they push those rings all the way down and they sometimes cut off the flow.

There is a nice video here. 510 CE2 Cartomizer XL

Try the steel revision 5 (fat wick) XL. If your liquid is still too thick, add some distilled water to thin. Not much, about .1ml per fill up. I use 50/50 and sometimes I add a bit to thin. I used to use vodka or everclear, but the alcohol can irritate your throat and cause a heartburn sensation. Once you figure it out, they are fantastic and really easy to clean.

Pull all the rubber out, soak in vodka for a couple of hours, shake out, (set out to dry a bit if you want), and dry burn until it glows nicely. I use them for about 10-12 refills before cleaning without any problem. I have used each one about 30 refills before I even consider changing them for new ones. I only had one rendered unusable due to me pulling the cup and everything else out when I was trying to clean it. I just stuffed it all back in and it worked fine! After 2 fills I just decided to swap it out for a new one. Other than that, they produce good vapor, last a long time, have great taste, and are really easy to use. I have never really had to "break it in". Use a drip tip if it seems too hot.

Keep at it and once you figure out the little idiosyncrasies, they are incredible. Note: the originals were kind of lousy, but the revision 5 is excellent with the fat wick.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Saludos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread