E2 Cartos are tasting like burnt plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I just filled a CE2 v4 after vaping it dry and I was able to put in 0.8ml. Any more and it would start running out of the center hole.

With one that's totally dry I think I can get very close to 1.0ml.

I borrowed a condom end cap from one of my other cartos and put it on the battery end and this prevented any leakage during filling.

I got the RoyalSmokers from VaporJunction and they didn't come with end caps (condoms). Are they supposed to?

The newest R4's don't come with condoms anymore. Another reason to never throw anything away, no matter how small. :)

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
That's why you need to make these....

22925d1289581791-disappointed-ce2-try-mod2.jpg

510 XL CE2 R4 + Syringe Mod + PTB

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
'K2", do you think it possible the boiling you are doing might be shrinking the 'shrinkwrap' a little leaving it prone to leaking. If this is happening consistently to you, and in 'general' the leaking problem seems 'fixed' unless overfilled - and I know your not overfilling.
Maybe try the rinsing out a new one with white vineger, then a hot water flush and give it a try to see if it still leaks.

Just a thought.

That's a good point, however the ones I didn't boil still leak.

Just rinsing them in warm water (with all rings removed) works fine for me. I dont need to use Vinegar or anything.

The one I didn't rinse at all had a distinct rubbery taste.

And there was one that had a plastic taste, but that may have been a one-off dud.

I don't store them in the rubber sleeves, but I don't think that causes leaking because they tend to leak even worse with the rubber sleeves on.

So all I can think of is that the middle ring removed may be causing the leaking, or the fact that I'm not using a Syringe to refill.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
That's a good point, however the ones I didn't boil still leak.

Just rinsing them in warm water (with all rings removed) works fine for me. I dont need to use Vinegar or anything.

The one I didn't rinse at all had a distinct rubbery taste.

And there was one that had a plastic taste, but that may have been a one-off dud.

I don't store them in the rubber sleeves, but I don't think that causes leaking because they tend to leak even worse with the rubber sleeves on.

So all I can think of is that the middle ring removed may be causing the leaking, or the fact that I'm not using a Syringe to refill.

Most leaks that I am having nowadays are happening on the stem of the ceramic cup. I am finding that the removal of some filler rings can disturb the cup enough the break the shrink wrap seal to the metal tube.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I think your solution may be better than boiling...is this the way you do your first clean and subsequent cleanings? When you say a rinse in vinegar are you letting it sit in vinegar for a few minutes?

Yes, Yes and Yes. The whole process on a brand newie only takes a few minutes. I like to half fill them with the vinegar, cover top and bottom with finger and thumb and give them a controlled shake.

It's also amazing how the surface tension stops any water coming out of the carto when tipped upside down. You'd think their empty until their given a goo sharp shake or a tap, the all this water comes out.

When I rinse under hot water I hold on to them with a (hard) plastic clamp. Doesn't mark the outer vinyl cover the way pliers and the like could. You've got to run the water into them at an angle on one side otherwise the water just bounces of the full carto not rinsing like required.

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
Well I started over with my carts, lol. I took the 5 I had and took 1 comletely apart to see the inside and get a better understanding of it. The other 4 I let sit in hot water for a little while. Then I did the ptb thing on one of them. Not sure I did it right, cause it now seems like a regular filler carto to me. The other 3 are great. No nasty taste, awsome vapor, and when I inhale the vapor is so much smoother than the filler cartos. Now my only problem is trying to convince myself that it's ok to drop a ton of money on ordering 100 of them so I can get them in a color other than black. lol. Oh and another great thing about these, they don't make the snap crackle pop sound when you take a drag like the premium carts do.....

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Can - did you pull out all three rings/pices before you soaked them in hot water?

I hate taking the filler ring out as it is keep for better refilling and keeping your e-juice from goign in the cup and clogging up the air intake...the other day I tried rinsing in hot water with the filler ring intact and even though I thought they had dried OK, when I went to fill them up I had water in them still and it ruined the juice, etc..so I am going to have to lose the juice and rinse them with the filler ring out :(

Well I started over with my carts, lol. I took the 5 I had and took 1 comletely apart to see the inside and get a better understanding of it. The other 4 I let sit in hot water for a little while. Then I did the ptb thing on one of them. Not sure I did it right, cause it now seems like a regular filler carto to me. The other 3 are great. No nasty taste, awsome vapor, and when I inhale the vapor is so much smoother than the filler cartos. Now my only problem is trying to convince myself that it's ok to drop a ton of money on ordering 100 of them so I can get them in a color other than black. lol. Oh and another great thing about these, they don't make the snap crackle pop sound when you take a drag like the premium carts do.....

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Can - did you pull out all three rings/pices before you soaked them in hot water?

I hate taking the filler ring out as it is keep for better refilling and keeping your e-juice from goign in the cup and clogging up the air intake...the other day I tried rinsing in hot water with the filler ring intact and even though I thought they had dried OK, when I went to fill them up I had water in them still and it ruined the juice, etc..so I am going to have to lose the juice and rinse them with the filler ring out :(

If you're wanting to clean them w/ the filler ring, use Vodka or PGA, it evaporates quickly.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Good advice Turbo...have you done this???I am thinking put a condom on threaded end, fill it up, shake and let soak? Of course you then can't rinse or you are back to square one so is there anything that does to taste of your juice?

Sure have, lots of times. I leave the filler ring in place until I find one that needs the PTB or syringe mod.

I fill them w/ vodka overnight then syringe out the excess and let them air dry, shake them out and dry burn. Some people use Vodka/PGA for throat hit by the way.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Not if one isn't excessive. I don't do more then 10 second bursts and generally fewer once the coil starts to glow.

I tried cleaning an E2 with the filler ring in place.. once. It's doable but kind of a pita. I'd rather take the filler ring out and put up with a little leakage.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I tried cleaning an E2 with the filler ring in place.. once. It's doable but kind of a pita. I'd rather take the filler ring out and put up with a little leakage.

True, but that's why I like Vodka; wouldn't go near it w/ water and the filler ring. I keep them on until they need modded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread