Status
Not open for further replies.

TomC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2011
Columbus, Ohio USA
I was placing an order with Health cabin and needed to get over $250 so that I would get free shipping (I was close anyway) so I added a five pack of these CE3 Smokymizers of the order. Well, this is the first time I have tried any of the CE type "izers" and it will probably be my last. Though I've only used one, it leaked like a sieve. Hopefully, I'm doing something wrong, though I doubt it.

Anyone else tried these and had good luck with them?

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
I've used them. They are great if properly assembled, but lots of them fail to meet this criteria (Microcig has a bad QC). The first issue is short-circuiting - I've killed one eGo batt with CE3. So be sure to check them with m-meter. Do this before you screw them to battery and after, because center metal plug will be pushed up while screwing and may short-circuit.

Here is the article about how to fix it (google-translated from russian, but the pictures are pretty self-explanatory).

About the leaking... It mostly caused by misplaced wick (hello QC!) combined with badly punched wick hole in tube. I had moderate success fixing it by reinserting the wick, but lot of people find this very troublesome. I can share with you my technique if you wish, but it requires steady hand and sharp eye :).

Last edited:

TomC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2011
Columbus, Ohio USA
Psy-Crow. Thanks for the article. I wiil check out the four I have left on a multimeter to be sure they won't short my batteries. As far as fixing the leaks, I have neither a steady hand or a sharp eye any more:) I'll load them with a little juice and if they leak, I'll throw them away (since they came directly from China, they weren't too expensive). If they don't leak, then I'll use them.

Thanks again

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
It's pity to say, but all Microcig's stuff are made this way. In fact it all like half-finished product. Sometimes it works out of box, but mostly not. For ex. CE2 cartomizer's inner silicone plug has to be modded by making wick slot bigger, or they will burn like hell.

yeah i wish someone would step to compete with these guys. their concepts are good, but poorly executed. latest ce2 are still better than ce3. seems to be some good tank mod work going on (torpedo, genesis) but not a viable competitor .. yet.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Check out the vision extremes. I don't know who makes them but they are considered to be better then the ce2's. They tend to work out of the box with no tweaking. Also more expensive.

GV VISION ExTReMe & Ultimo : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

The latest ce2's (version 5 I believe) are very good. The concept has evolved into something I can use all the time with little in the way of problems. They do still tend to leak but is fixable with a few simple mods. Not quite as foolproof as the visions but with a bit of tweaking the ce2's are nearly as good.

I've heard nothing at all good about the ce3's though I have never tried them.

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
The latest ce2's (version 5 I believe) are very good. The concept has evolved into something I can use all the time with little in the way of problems. They do still tend to leak but is fixable with a few simple mods. Not quite as foolproof as the visions but with a bit of tweaking the ce2's are nearly as good.

I'm using new CE2 (matte plastic tube) from HealthCabin and I'm pretty satisfied with them. They provide nice, warm vapor because of top-coil design and they are very durable. New tube allows very easy disassembling and cleaning. But I still cut bigger holes for wick in inner plug...

I've heard nothing at all good about the ce3's though I have never tried them.
Well, the first one I've tried was perfect, until it short-circuited and fired my battery :). The second leaked even during filing and after and the third had wicking issues which resulted in continuous burnt taste.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
thanks. i'm happy to pay for quality, but i wonder how easy these are to clean as compared to ce2.

Just so you know the CE2's are essentially the same design as the visions. They use the same tube material, (the new stuff is very good and doesn't crack) same wick and coil set up. The only difference is the visions use a different cup set up for on top of the coil. It's more user friendly for filling. They also use a different mouth piece that is a bit nicer. Other then they are the same.

For cleaning the visions just take off the mouth piece and the cup that sits on the coil. Then just wash it out until the wick turns white. Dry it out as best you can and then do a dry burn. Put it back together, fill it up and your good to go.

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
For cleaning the visions just take off the mouth piece and the cup that sits on the coil. Then just wash it out until the wick turns white. Dry it out as best you can and then do a dry burn. Put it back together, fill it up and your good to go.

thank you. will definitely try these. for me the ce2 appeal is their ease of maintenance. was worried about sacrificing that for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread