Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvoncardo

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
SE Wisconsin
www.youtube.com
I just received some CE3 Smokymizers in the mail. I am having a terrible time getting them to wick properly. The coil is in a small chamber on the bottom. A wick runs through a small hole into the juice tank above it. Either no juice reaches the coil or it all runs into the chamber (flooding it) and out the bottom.

Does anyone have any experience with these things? If so, any luck getting them to work?

Thanks!
Brian

netsyd

Sep 8, 2010
Denver, CO
Reading the other thread on the smokymizers - it looks like they aren't going to work very well with a high VG content juice. I'm using mine with a couple 80/20VG and they seem to wick really well. I've gone through a couple ml of juice and no problems thus far.

As far as leaking goes BardicDruid is right. That little black plug at the top needs to be in there tight or you'll run into leaking issues as this is basically a vacuum that needs to form. Also, if you run into leaking issues while filling - make sure that cart condom they give you in the package is on the bottom. The first fill I did I made that mistake and had a mess to clean up.

poetofisis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Gillette, WY
www.hotheadvapor.com
I've had these for going on 3 weeks now and I'm never going back to cartos again. If, as others have said, use the condom when you fill and get that plug in securely (be careful here as I've rammed one home so good I couldn't get it back out so I had to push it though into the tank. Should this happen to you, simply use a paperclip to push it down so it isn't jammed next to the cup. You want it down in the tank in this case and not wedged up top or you'll get bothersome gurgling no hit and juice in your mouth. Secure them, pull off the condom, clean residual juice from around the mouthpiece, slap your drip tip on as they taste better with one, tamp the connector end against your hand a few tmes to force out any juice thst might be inside the opening and vape on. My biggest complaint with these is that one tiny evil black rubber condemnation.) And you should have no trouble chain vaping the hell outta these things. I've had 0 dry hits and good, if slightly muted, flavor. All said, I love em but I'm moving on to other clearos til I've tried all the best and can make an informed decision based on experience.

Edit: despite others experiences, I've had no serious leaks to speak of and I carry it upside down on my automatic battery all the time in my pocket. If I can do that with full peace of mind then there simply is no issue. They're just finicky like all other vaping methods. I will caution you against putting strain on it as I was painting in a tight spot and had to climb a latter starting on the fifth rung and had this in my pocket. Long story short, it got tweaked and came apart from the battery connector and drained. No idea where as my pocket remained dry and my auto batt was miraculously unharmed. :blink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread