Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The first charge of an ego batt can take anywhere from 2-4 hours. Do not leave the battery on the charger and never while sleeping.
Do place the battery and charger on a tile or fire-safe surface. Take off as soon as possible when they are charged (green light on usb part of charger).
I always allow my batts to *rest* a bit before I use them. 30min-1 hour. Is a good idea.

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Agreed with everyone before me and I had troubles with the USB charger off my regular desktop as I don't think it's a fully powered (5v DC) USB connector. I did however go out and at Staples or Office Max picked up an older (USB 2.0 spec) 4 port USB hub that had a power plug. I think it was 19$ roughly.

Since then I can easily relocate and plug up to 4 batteries at once to charge and they get done much quicker than trickle via the computer USB. I do know some newer PC's come with a dedicated "powered" USB which is the same but I don't like having 1100mah plugged into my work laptop :)

Works great and just have it plugged into the wall AC and not computer. Easy Peezy..

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
If i leave my twist in the charger I jut put it in a can I believe it use to hold salmon. LOL They also have pouches that you can put them in and if the unthinkable happens it will protect the surrounding. Some folks put them in the sink when they do that. Note that those things rarely happen. But like Dirty Harry said "do you fell lucky". Up to you. I don't usually leave them overnight just out of habit. But if I did I'd feel ok with it on that can or in a sink or that pouch. Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread