cleaned my EGO-T Type A Atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanFury

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Croydon, Surrey, UK
I had not cleaned my ego-t type A atomizer, since i bought it, at least a month ago. It was not that, it was having any issues or something, its just that i got bored and had to try cleaning it. :(. Anyways This is how i went about:
1. Soaked it for around 30 mins in coke.
2. Then boiled for 15mins.
3. Rinsed it under running water.
4. rinsed it under hot water, then cold.
5. blew out the excess water.
6. let it dry for at lest 4 days.

After 4 days, put in a new cartridge tank, after a few hours saw the setup leaked for the first time. tried adjusting the wick but the leak got worse.

I think i have screwed up the atomizer. Please suggest, is there any way to repair this atomizer, or is it gone for good!! :oops:

Any help is appriciated.

LycanFury

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Croydon, Surrey, UK
went through many videos, some suggest coke as a cleaning agent, others vary from rubbing alcohol, vinegar, vinegar with baking soda, just hot water, boiling hot water. earlier i cleaned two of my KR808 cartos by soaking in vinegar then boiling for 15mins and then rinsing under tap water, but it isn't the same after cleaning.... after thoroughly drying, i tried one of my juices and for the first time got the so called "cartomizer taste" (to explain : take a sheet of paper wet it, squeeze the excess water and then put some drops of ejuice on it.. then try to sniff it) its disgusting to me! So after this failed attempt i choose coke! :)

catoliver

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2012
South Carolina
I'm going to blame the tank on this one, too. I have an eGo-C kit and the tanks that came with it only lasted a couple of weeks before they started leaking.

I asked around here and ended up ordering a Vivi mini nova tank, a Vision clearomizer and some Smoktech cartomizers. I have used all of these and NONE of them have leaked on me. Currently, I'm really digging my cartomizers. Order some other juice delivery systems and find out which one you like best.

Good luck!

LycanFury

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Croydon, Surrey, UK
@catoliver, i know the egot tanks are a gamble. I ordered 2 type B 2 ohms LR tanks, one works great(don't know till when..) other started leaking on day 1. i have a 18 gauge needle that i use for filling, i never open the caps. I think i need to invest in some clearomizers or CE4s. i have heard juices the likes of RY4 gunk up the cartomizers really fast. what say...

JPoodles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
West Boylston, MA
The tank caps are hard plastic and don't create a tight seal after a couple of refills because the diameter widens everytime its pressed back down on the spike. I solved that issue by purchasing the soft caps and pressing out my own hole with a needle bottle cylinder instead of just piercing it with the spike. The soft caps tear after awhile but pressing your own hole staves that off for a bit.
You may be experiencing a buildup of liquid due to condensation but thats unavoidable when dealing with vapor. The replaceable atomizer is going to flood from it and also the fact that its gravity fed. You can remove them every couple of days and blow them out but it will flood again.
Also - you may have eroded some of the silicone sealing when you soked it in coke. I recommend hot water or grain alcohol for cleaning.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
While the flavor is lacking on my last lr atty I got from valuevapor ... this thing is cleaning real easy. I just run it under warm water for 30 secs and give it a dry burn with a couple clicks. Coils look brand new.

Type A attys seem to lack sweet and cream flavors on all my juices so this will be my last one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread