Clearomizer went foggy but only where...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowstorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Northern MN
I have a clearomizer that I was vaping away on. But it went foggy on me. I understand that happens if I'm vaping certain juices. But the strange part is it went cloudy where there's no juice. You can 'see' the line where the juice was at when it happened. Its clear the lower half of the device, but not the top half.

Its not even what I think is a highly acidic one. Its described as 'a Lychee base mixed with some mouth watering juicy peaches and some delicious vanilla'

Should I toss the clearomizer? Or give it a good cleaning, see if the cloud vanishes (I don't honestly think it will)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It it went foggy where there was no juice it may be just that - fog and condensation. Does it clear when you invert the tube and let the juice move to that end? Some juices attack plastics and begin to break them down. Clearomizers at pretty much consumables. Most will start to crack down around the point where they are pressed onto the threaded end, anyway.

Lowstorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Northern MN
DSCN0746.jpg

Just cleaned it, you can see where at about the 1.4 ml mark it gets really cloudy suddenly.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Lowstorm, I assume this is a new juice for you or you would have said it worked fine last time. Correct?

I have never had one of my clearos or clear plastic tanks go foggy, but I have not used the juice you are using in the clearo you are using. If this happened to me I would not continue using the juice in that device. The think the fogging is caused by a chemical reaction with the plastic and that would worry me. Just my $0.02.

It's interesting that it is in the top portion only. Maybe someone who has had cloudy plastic will chime in shortly - for all I know this may happen. Do you mostly keep your PV horizontal or vertical whe you put it down?

Lowstorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Northern MN
Honestly, I usually have it horizontal when I put it down. This happened while I was at work, and it was laying down. At home they're stored upright.

~all~ juice is new to me (snicker) but yes, its new. Tastes okay-dunno if I'll order a larger amount of it. Perhaps I should post the picture and the type in that 'destroys plastic tanks' thread. They would know more, huh?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Don't know what to say about the upper/lower thing since you keep it horizontal. Makes no sense to me at all. Still hoping someone else who has experienced this will post.

Good idea to check out the tank forums. I think that might be the best place to get help with this. Post the picture and let them know what the juice is exactly and which clearo you are using. Best of luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread