"Clones" are actually the REAL THING

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 'clone' which duplicates a registered Trademark (logo) sounds like a counterfiet to me.

So tell me something, are you sure that all of your originals are originals, and not really good counterfiet?
Maybe you're using 'clone' to mean 'obvious knockoff' even with a logo.

No I am sure the originals I own are in fact true authentic originals. IE: Noble 1 and iHybrid Pure.

My friend owns the noble 1 clone "elite hybrid mod" from rainbow heaven and the build quality is nothing like the real one, the threads the are nothing like the real one and the conductivity as far as insulation and anodizing along the Genesis wick hole and spring wire capture do not compare to the original...still though his clone noble 1 can produce great vapor and flavor for a cheaper price.

So no to answer your question my REAL mods are not clones in the slightest.

BUKLAO:

I only wish I could afford the state of the art original manufactured mods, rdas, rbas, etc etc. Money is tight right now and with a family to take care of vaping is not my number one source that my funds go into...as much as I would love it to be that way its not.

If I can achieve the same vapor power, flavor, throat hit, with a coil build on an original and then try it on a clone rda, rba and achieve the same exact (nearly at least) vapor, flavor, throat hit then why shell out the $80 to $150 dollars for a tiny atty when a clone for $16 can do just that.

Like I said Im not taking sides...I understand both beasts. If I could I would start my own atty, mod design business and mill, turn, lathe my own stuff. I know it sucks when a manufacture puts so much hard work into his own creation just to see it reproduced and sold for cheaper but you MUST KNOW the facts before you get into making your own mods and attys. Get strict patents I guess, and an expensive lawyer who can destroy the cheaper competition.

That is all.

halcon

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Austin, TX
But this is legal i guess
ubura2yj.jpg
5yzy5yde.jpg

Origin mod and nemesis mod

Legal? IDK, I'm not sure if that's the best example, but I get your point: a clone is a clone no matter the price tag; I agree. I'm not saying that because is expensive, a device is acceptable or good.

My point is that we should do what we can to protect our hobby, our community and it's future. Counterfeits are illegal because they damage the established producers; in my opinion, clones discourage originality, so they should be avoided as well, if possible.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
He didn't even claim to have filed a patent

He even gave the copycat the decency of accrediting the designer! Which by the way is an open invitation to the designer to contact them for negotiations.

I didn't claim patent because none of the modders file for patents. There's too much prior art for a tube with a switch to be awarded a patent. The flashlight world took care of that long ago. And patent filing is expensive. My hypothetical doohickey company would have never sold a mod in that scenario.

The companies in Shenzhen aren't interested in negotiating with the original mod designers because they simply don't have to.

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I quite honestly can't understand how you could buy a counterfeit product and feel good about that.

That seems to be the line. I couldn't buy something (anything, not just ecigs) copied right down to the logos and not feel like d-bag. That hasn't changed with the size of my paycheck, I've always been that way. Furthermore, I couldn't see myself pretending there was nothing wrong with it if I did.

I guess I'm just not the type "buys counterfeits" type whether it's a watch, shoes or a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread