Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
personally, if i can avoid it i'd rather not subject myself to the other alkaloids. what i have is working for me. different means, same end.

not only do i react to pg when it's more than 20-30% of a blend, but i also find it unfulfilling due to lack of body in the vapor.

to each their own, ya know...

thanks for the info, plan. and a massive thanks again to bad again. he's turned me on to some stellar equipment as many others will attest to.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
Responding to your previous post.

That's interesting. One of the characteristics of a good WTA juice is a fuller, thicker mouth feel, and more throat hit, even in a pure VG blend.

Edit: ...when compared to regular e-liquid.

STOP EVERYTHING!!!! WTA has a fuller texture? Would you call it "chewier"? That's the dragon I chase and if WTA makes it better i'm in there

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
au contraire. one would be hard pressed to hear the temperature change in any length of 26 gauge kanthal at 33.3 HZ. add to that the different acoustic properties of the different toppers and there is a wide array from downright annoying to imperceptible. hence why my vamo isn't exiled to the refuse as of yet.
Baditude said:
It makes no difference what juice attachment is being used, the sound comes from the circuit board of the 33.3 hz mods. Not everyone can hear the low-frequency sound.
I beg to differ. The rattlesnake sound comes from the processor and not the attachment, at least that's where I hear it coming from.

Last edited:

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
I beg to differ. The rattlesnake sound comes from the processor and not the attachment, at least that's where I hear it coming from.

sorry Bad but its definitely the coil. if you rebuild, throw a dry coil on a 33.3 and fire it. you'll barely hear a thing. wet that coil and all hell breaks loose. make sure you use thin wire though

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
STOP EVERYTHING!!!! WTA has a fuller texture? Would you call it "chewier"? That's the dragon I chase and if WTA makes it better i'm in there
I wouldn't call it chewier. More like going from an ultralight to a full flavor cigarette. It just seems to reach more taste bud receptors. Other people have described Aroma's WTA as chewy, but it's not the adjective I would use.

The only e-juice I've tried that I would actually describe as chewy would be AV's Boba's Bounty.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/aroma-ejuice/ Why don't you head over there and start a thread asking if anyone finds the WTA juices more "chewier."

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

If you try WTA's and they arent your cup of tea, I recommend Alien Visions Bobas Bounty and Gorilla juice. Its hard to explain but both have the same "mouth weight" that reminded me of smoking a Marlboro Light, if that helps.

Heather Heavenly Vapes Gandalf and Shadowfax (not sure on their new names) both had that same feel as well.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
If you try WTA's and they arent your cup of tea, I recommend Alien Visions Bobas Bounty and Gorilla juice. Its hard to explain but both have the same "mouth weight" that reminded me of smoking a Marlboro Light, if that helps.

Heather Heavenly Vapes Gandalf and Shadowfax (not sure on their new names) both had that same feel as well.

Legend and Shadow, respectively.

The new flavor Gaia, is very nice, BTW. If you are fond of Dark Horse, you will like Gaia.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
sorry Bad but its definitely the coil. if you rebuild, throw a dry coil on a 33.3 and fire it. you'll barely hear a thing. wet that coil and all hell breaks loose. make sure you use thin wire though

Yes... it's the coil making the sound which IS produced by the 33.3 Hz chip pulsing on and off. If you dry burn a coil with no juice naturally you won't hear anything because there is NO juice to vaporize to produce the sound caused by the chip pulsing. That chip is pulsing and is only heard when there is a juice to be vaporized. Coil with no liquid being heated means no sound produced, it just merely heats up and glows red.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA

Oh, did the Tolkien Estate finally catch up to them? They are rabidly protective of their IP. I worked with a Tolkien license for 6 years (not the estate, but from Saul Zantz) and man, did I hear some stories.

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Oh, did the Tolkien Estate finally catch up to them? They are rabidly protective of their IP. I worked with a Tolkien license for 6 years (not the estate, but from Saul Zantz) and man, did I hear some stories.

It was Time Warner....I think...whoever has the movie rights. .......s.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

They did receive a C&D order. As the Lion said, I believe it was Time Warner or Warner Brothers (?) that sent the letter. Quite the uproar at the time.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
They did receive a C&D order. As the Lion said, I believe it was Time Warner that sent the letter. Quite the uproar at the time.

Uproar? LOL

aecd934e-8ba0-49a0-ac97-e90b7d755bf9_zps8e6d50a1.jpg

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn

I have never heard someone saying that they hear the "Rattlesnake" sound coming from the actual processor... When Pbusardo demonstrates the sound he places the carto tank next to the microphone. I've heard many others complain that cartos accentuate the rattle. Is there a chance that the unit you used had a loose component internally that would rattle in sync with the coil? Just a thought...

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
au contraire. one would be hard pressed to hear the temperature change in any length of 26 gauge kanthal at 33.3 HZ. add to that the different acoustic properties of the different toppers and there is a wide array from downright annoying to imperceptible. hence why my vamo isn't exiled to the refuse as of yet.

Baditude said:
It makes no difference what juice attachment is being used, the sound comes from the circuit board of the 33.3 hz mods. Not everyone can hear the low-frequency sound.

the processor outputs the PWM/frequency/duty cycle to the coil. the coil then creates heat according to it's mass and resistance. larger mass at the same resistance = more efficient heat spread, radiation, cooling and longer heat up times. higher resistance = more heat to dissipate.

with no liquid on the coil, the setting doesn't matter. there's nothing to sizzle. you can't hear a hiss or a rattlesnake. period.

take the topper off... no sound. the processor is still trying to output that same signal. the circuit is not complete. but the processor is still sending the signal. it's just not receiving it back at the ground.

think about it like a radio. the processor is your output signal and your amplifier in this instance. the coil is your speaker coil and magnet. the wick and juice is your speaker cone.

5 watts wouldn't even move a cone engineered for 2000 watts. silence...

say what you want, but my hearing is well above average at any frequency. i can hear the rattlesnake of the 33 Hz pwm. i can also hear the hiss of the 800 Hz output and differentiate quite well between it and a flat output of straight battery power. the difference made by a topper that resonates the sound less and/or especially a thicker gauge coil is astounding and very, very obvious IMHO.

let us also not forget that 33 Hz is a deep bass tone. not a frequency i've ever heard of even referred to during conversations relating to "tone deaf" instances. maybe you're more knowledgeable to that than i being from a medical standpoint. i don't know. however, tone deafness is a very prominent reality in my family and my mother was a career nurse with ear problems, tone deafness, partial deafness, several surgeries and tubes in her ears for her entire life. it's something we've focused on our entire lives and again, 33Hz just comes off as a rather odd frequency to be deaf to.

though it is a frequency that many radios, amplifiers and/or speakers aren't equipped to handle and/or reproduce and frequencies in that range or lower are often filtered out of audio systems for that reason.

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
the processor outputs the PWM/frequency/duty cycle to the coil. the coil then creates heat according to it's mass and resistance. larger mass at the same resistance = more efficient heat spread, radiation, cooling and longer heat up times. higher resistance = more heat to dissipate.

with no liquid on the coil, the setting doesn't matter. there's nothing to sizzle. you can't hear a hiss or a rattlesnake. period.

take the topper off... no sound. the processor is still trying to output that same signal. the circuit is not complete. but the processor is still sending the signal. it's just not receiving it back at the ground.

think about it like a radio. the processor is your output signal and your amplifier in this instance. the coil is your speaker coil and magnet. the wick and juice is your speaker cone.

5 watts wouldn't even move a cone engineered for 2000 watts. silence...

say what you want, but my hearing is well above average at any frequency. i can hear the rattlesnake of the 33 Hz pwm. i can also hear the hiss of the 800 Hz output and differentiate quite well between it and a flat output of straight battery power. the difference made by a topper that resonates the sound less and/or especially a thicker gauge coil is astounding and very, very obvious IMHO.

let us also not forget that 33 Hz is a deep bass tone. not a frequency i've ever heard of even referred to during conversations relating to "tone deaf" instances. maybe you're more knowledgeable to that than i being from a medical standpoint. i don't know. however, tone deafness is a very prominent reality in my family and my mother was a career nurse with ear problems, tone deafness, partial deafness, several surgeries and tubes in her ears for her entire life. it's something we've focused on our entire lives and again, 33Hz just comes off as a rather odd frequency to be deaf to.

though it is a frequency that many radios, amplifiers and/or speakers aren't equipped to handle and/or reproduce and frequencies in that range or lower are often filtered out of audio systems for that reason.

I'm sorry to say that I have to agree. I have a bi-lateral moderate to severe hearing loss (car accident when I was 2 1/2), and the mid to higher frequencies are the ones that people lose first. With all that out of the way, rebuildable atomizers tend to be silent compared to cartomizers, and that is probably due to rebuildables being much more solid. They just don't let the sound escape.

Or they are using the V4/V5 Vamo. Those don't use the 33.3 Hz chip.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
^ makes sense. a lot, actually. though once you've experienced it and it irks you enough it is possible to hear it in rebuildables too. just need very thin gauge wire to reproduce it. i think the thin walls and the general makeup of cartos just amplifies it so much that it can't be ignored.

EDIT: my vamo is a v3 for the record. :shrug:

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
^ makes sense. a lot, actually. though once you've experienced it and it irks you enough it is possible to hear it in rebuildables too. just need very thin gauge wire to reproduce it. i think the thin walls and the general makeup of cartos just amplifies it so much that it can't be ignored.

EDIT: my vamo is a v3 for the record. :shrug:

Too funny, I was just talking about this somewhere else on the interwebs.

The thinner the wire of a coil, the more likely/easier it is to act as a transducer to the PWM cycles of the regulation chip. The thinner the chamber, the more likely it is to focus that sound, making it seem louder. (even though it's not)

Cartomizers seem to be the "perfect storm" of conditions to hear your mods PWM.

I just had a Provari user tell me that if he bites down on his cartomizer when firing it, it makes his head buzz. Doesn't seem far fetched to me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread