Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
There have been a few (not a lot) reports of people's lungs collapsing due to smoking and vaping. Does the vaping community know any evidence of this? I don't smoke and vape. But those who are trying to quit smoking and for the sake of the vaping industry I'm concerned.

There has been exactly 1 report of that, it came straight from the Propaganda Mill at the CDC.

It was called Kristi's "story" or something like that. Emphasis on "story".

She continued to smoke while vaping and her lung collapsed, given how the CDC twists the facts she could have only touched an e-cig once in her life and smoked 50 packs a day, and the e-cig still would have been mentioned.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
There has been exactly 1 report of that, it came straight from the Propaganda Mill at the CDC.

She continued to smoke while vaping and her lung collapsed, given how the CDC twists the facts she could have only touched an e-cig once in her life and smoked 50 packs a day, and the e-cig still would have been mentioned.

She also had some serious health issues.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Heck, when that happens to me I just grab a plunger real quick put it over my mouth and get that baby started again

I went to the doc after being a vapor for a few years, just happened to catch my lung in the xray. So I blindly asked so how do they look? He said I see a bit of damage little more then usual but nothing extensive, took me all of 20 minutes to finally convince him I smoked 2 pad for 30+ years.

If someone's lung collapsed there is a hell of a lot more going on then just adding vaping

DrCupCake81

Nov 4, 2012
Texas
You know I havent been able to find any of the stories I heard on tv from the web. Hah. I'm wondering if the 2 I heard on the tv are just repeated but also slightly fabricated on this one article. I often wondered if the lung collapse "incidents" were in any relation with other health problems too. Thanks for everyones feedback and jokes ;)

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There have been a few (not a lot) reports of people's lungs collapsing due to smoking and vaping. Does the vaping community know any evidence of this? I don't smoke and vape. But those who are trying to quit smoking and for the sake of the vaping industry I'm concerned.

COPD from smoking can eventually cause lungs to collapse. That's what killed my father a few years ago. There have been no examples of this happening from vaping, but there is a lot of BS out there about vaping :rolleyes:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Actually, her true story is on the CDC's Website. The Truth is, she smoked and then tried ecigs. She continued to smoke and vape. She quit vaping and Continued to smoke. Her lung collapsed a few months later.

The CDC omitted the part about her quitting vaping and continuing to smoke. They purposely are letting people assume that she was still vaping at the time her lung collapsed. Twisting of the story much?

Granted, the true story is on their website but I am sure that they were willing to bet no one is digging for the truth. Hah, they weren't counting on this community and the fact that we do love digging the facts up.

ETA:
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/campaign/tips/stories/kristy.html

Just copy link and paste in your browser.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Actually, her true story is on the CDC's Website. The Truth is, she smoked and then tried ecigs. She continued to smoke and vape. She quit vaping and Continued to smoke. Her lung collapsed a few months later.

The CDC omitted the part about her quitting vaping and continuing to smoke. They purposely are letting people assume that she was still vaping at the time her lung collapsed. Twisting of the story much?

Granted, the true story is on their website but I am sure that they were willing to bet no one is digging for the truth. Hah, they weren't counting on this community and the fact that we do love digging the facts up.

What community? We're all Big Vapor, y'know. :D

Big Vapor Andria ;)

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
I can actually imagine the possibility of a lung collapse from within the ranks of those [with copd] who do very long or forceful 'lung-inhales' but not so much from mouth-inhales. It's all about pressurization. Note below, 'mechanical ventilation',

Pneumothorax Causes - Mayo Clinic

Mechanical ventilation - A severe type of pneumothorax can occur in people who need mechanical assistance to breathe. The ventilator can create an imbalance of air pressure within the chest. The lung may collapse completely

Pneumothorax - most likely candidates: those with underlying disease: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis and pneumonia

Last edited:

DrCupCake81

Nov 4, 2012
Texas
As I said not a lot of reports I still think this topic is important to the ignorance of vaping. My purpose of this topic is to make a source to those seeking the truth about the BS hazards of vaping. The more info of the truth the better for us. I think repeating information is important for every "new story" the News reports anywhere. Trust me there are still people digging up the truth.

Last edited:

DrCupCake81

Nov 4, 2012
Texas
I've actually heard people with COPD patients can breathe better when they switched to vaping. Maybe not for some. But over 4 years I have heard several COPD suffers tell me this or read it online. Vapers are not the only ones that come to this site. Many google info about ecigs. I found this site before I considered vaping by googling it. I always refer this site for vaping info to anyone wanting to know more and switch to ecigs. I actually peaked interest to 6 smokers this week to consider vaping. Facts like Robino1 posted are what is needed on threads like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread