Coppervape BF Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Its looks like a clone of the Custom Classic Bottom Feeder... Not a 1:1 clone but pretty close...

The authentic is one hell of a mod (Have one myself)...

Can't comment on the quality of the clone, but its a fairly straight forward design...

It was clearly "inspired" by the CC. Coppervape used authentic CC pics to promote this mod (as shown below). The final product is definitely not 1:1 - nor could it ever hope to be.

HTB1ukaeJFXXXXaBXXXXq6xXFXXXN.jpg

Reactions: B2L

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Where'd you see this available?
I was looking, and found only one chinese site, geared for larger orders, with unreasonable shipping for a single unit...

I'd kinda like one to play with if it were $40 or less...more than that, and I'd just get another dripbox for a throw-away-if-it-craps-out squonker.
:)

Any body tried one of these mods yet?
They are available for about $25 plus postage for a black, white or silver or about $35 for the brass version.
Single 18650 mech complete with an RDA.
Looks like it might be a decent budget squonker?

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Actually I was under the assumption that it is a CC clone. But apart from their shameless use of the CC pictures, I can confidently say that it is definitely NOT a clone. In fact if we consider the coppervapes to be a clone of the CC, then the CC would be a clone of Tmods (or the Tmod would be a clone of the CC, whichever came out first).

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I'd kinda like one to play with if it were $40 or less...more than that, and I'd just get another dripbox for a throw-away-if-it-craps-out squonker.
:)
The Coppervape is not a throw-away. It is a very well made mod.

Mine is machined from a block of brass, the button is smooth, firing assembly sturdy. I expect it is as durable as any squonker made today.

Check out Todd’s review.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
The Coppervape is not a throw-away. It is a very well made mod.

Mine is machined from a block of brass, the button is smooth, firing assembly sturdy. I expect it is as durable as any squonker made today.

Check out Todd’s review.

I think we have very different ideas about 'well made'

The 510 is definitely not what I'd call quality.

Reactions: bullhcr

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Stainless, adjustable, clean threads, no leaks...
What do you object to?

KentA is the 510 adjustment a screw, or spring type or is the adjustment made by adding additional silicon o rings? I am assuming the centre pin and outer are both stainless?

Can you post some pictures of the brass one?

Cheers!

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
KentA is the 510 adjustment a screw, or spring type or is the adjustment made by adding additional silicon o rings? I am assuming the centre pin and outer are both stainless?

Can you post some pictures of the brass one?

Cheers!
According to dre, my source for all things Coppervape, "To remove gap you'll see two dots under the 510 inserts. Get two small rods(like glasses screw drivers) to turn the insert counter clockwise to lower the Atty".

You can also place an o ring under to 510 pin to raise it for attys with very short 510's. Somebody linked to one of Todd's reviews which covers it....”
cv 1.JPG cv2.JPG

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
This mod is a 100% original design. Anybody that says otherwise obviously does not own one & has no idea what they are talking about. {For instance, the battery goes in from the bottom, so it's held in securely- not dropped in from the top} For the money, it is the best mech bottom feeder that I have seen. Great button action with a safety lock, hits VERY hard, zero leaks and feels great. The juice bottle holds 10ml, too. WP_20160710_11_11_00_Pro.jpg

It won't get you in the "Look how much money I spent on my vaporizer" club, though..... :rolleyes:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I can confidently say that it is definitely NOT a clone. In fact if we consider the coppervapes to be a clone of the CC, then the CC would be a clone of Tmods (or the Tmod would be a clone of the CC, whichever came out first).

I would say that ANY mod with a form factor such as this was heavily inspired by Pdib's first prototype that was unveiled in early 2014. This changed everything, in my opinion. Anything after this (with rounded sides, two hole design & similar magnet location) is pretty much cloning Pdib's design.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread