Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I would say that ANY mod with a form factor such as this was heavily inspired by Pdib's first prototype that was unveiled in early 2014. This changed everything, in my opinion. Anything after this (with rounded sides, two hole design & similar magnet location) is pretty much cloning Pdib's design.
Actually, the general form-factor has been around far longer as the Vapage VMOD.

What Peter came up with in 2014 was the top-loading concept, where the bottle comes out with the cap of the mod, which is held to the body using magnets, along with a flush-mounted 510 that would gracefully accept any BF atty up to 22mm.

Corey and Peter are on very friendly terms. Corey asked Peter for permission to use some of Peter's design elements in his all-metal version.

The Coppervape BF is clearly not a 1:1 clone of anything else, but I find it utterly shameless and inexcusable of them to use Corey's pictures to lure people into thinking that it is.

Last edited:

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
How many mods do you know of that have similar quality 510 connections? Also both VT new 510 and Pdib's are pretty recent additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally, I've been using the VT adjustable prototypes based on the FDV classic for over a year, prior to that, the fixed version of the same prototype for three years
Edit: I meant two years

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Any body tried one of these mods yet?
They are available for about $25 plus postage for a black, white or silver or about $35 for the brass version.
Single 18650 mech complete with an RDA.
Looks like it might be a decent budget squonker?

I have One. Actually, I have 2. A Very Nice Inexpensive Squonker.

I have had Zero Leaks and Zero Problems with them. Fits my Hand like a Glove. And Topped Off with a NarDa it is a Great Set-Up for what I am looking for.

Here is a Quasi Review I sent someone when I first got mine.

---

Just an Update. I went ahead and got 2 of those Coppervape BF Mods in Black. I ordered directly from Coppervape and the 2 came out to be $78.33 via PayPal which included 3 Day DHL Shipping.

My first impression is the Mod works Very Well.

The Build Quality looks Good.
Doesn't appear to be a lot of Voltage Drop. But don't have access to my DMM right now.
The 510 Pin sits High and the Connector is square to the top of the Mod.
The Button was a little Stiff at one point in the Stroke. But after about an hours worth of use, it broken it quite Nicely.
On/Off feature of the Button is simple and Easy to use.
The Squonk Bottle is "Soft" and Easy to Squeeze and hold squeezed.
Not had any Leaking and the 510 using a FDV BF Pin in a NarDa.
Magnets hold the Top Cover on Firm. But still Easy to remove the cover.
The Weight with a Full Bottle and an 18650 Battery is around 180 Grams.
The Powder Coating is even. But not sure how well it will hold up?
And the Balance and Hand-Feel are Very Nice also.

Overall, Very Happy with the Mod. And for $78 for 2 with 3 Day Shipping, I consider it a Win!

That said, the RDA that comes with it is Basically Unusable. LOL.

The Single O-Ring Design at the Bottom of the Base is a Serious Design Flaw.

Top-quality-coppervape-bf-mod-bf-rda.jpg_200x200.jpg

If the OEM had placed the O-Ring Groove above the air inlet slot it would have worked Fine. But where it is, it is next to Impossible for the RDA Cover to seat Fully.

It's No Big Deal to me. Because I looked at the Price as just for the Mod. And if the RDA was Usable, I would consider it a Bonus. And if Not, well, Ca Sara Sara.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know what my 1st Impressions of the Coppervape BF Mod are. And I Definitely Feel Better having acquired a Squonker which is Not Reliant on any Electronics.

:thumb:

---

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Personally, I've been using the VT adjustable prototypes based on the FDV classic for over a year, prior to that, the fixed version of the same prototype for three years
Edit: I meant two years

Exactly. They were not widely available, and they didn't capture the attention of modders until recently Bob.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Exactly. They were not widely available, and they didn't capture the attention of modders until recently Bob.

Not sure what you mean Tamer, the fixed version has been around for a couple of years, with numerous group buys to acquire them. Pete and Corey had both been using the FDV classic version for a while before replacing it with Pete's new version, neither use the adjustable VT version yet

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'd never buy a clone that uses pictures of the real thing to sell its garbage, specially when the mod maker is a friend

Gotcha.

So you are Not very Qualified to speak as to the Quality of the Coppervape BF Mod. Either good or bad.

Last edited:

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I cannot see Coppervape taking sales away from Custom Classic.

The companies retain very separate niches in the vaping industry. If anything, Coppervape will introduce new people to squonking & draw attention to the Custom Classic style.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Last statement on this:

If it's such a high quality product, why does it have to use Corey's CC pictures to market them?

Now, I'm done

It might be deceptive, but does not speak to the quality of the mod. The Coppervape mod is a $40 mod and I'm pretty sure folks understand what that means. Feels like you are allowing emotion to cloud your thinking.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Last statement on this:

If it's such a high quality product, why does it have to use Corey's CC pictures to market them?

Now, I'm done

Don't think Any Company should use someone Else's pictures to sell their Mod. Not condoning that.

But using someone else's Picture and the Quality of a Mod are two Different things. And I'm just not sure how Anyone can Comment on the Quality of a Mod if they have Never Owned the Mod.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I cannot see Coppervape taking sales away from Custom Classic.

The companies retain very separate niches in the vaping industry. If anything, Coppervape will introduce new people to squonking & draw attention to the Custom Classic style.

I think you Kinda Nailed with that Post. The Coppervape and the Custom Classic are on the Vast Ends of the Spectrum.

And I am Much More apt to buy a Custom Classic now that I have used the Coppervape.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
This certainly isn't the first company to use someone else's pics to sell their product and it won't be the last. That's what China does best!!! Most times they don't even have a working prototype made prior to the sales ads even hitting the internet, so of course their going to use the pics of who they are copying...

Reactions: Sir Kadly

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have one brass and one silver coming. If you message them on either Facebook or Alibaba, they will sell small orders. It is plus shipping and PP fees, but I did not want to wait to see if a vendor was going to pick them up. On either platform, just search "Coppervape" and it comes right up.

The Coppervape is not a throw-away. It is a very well made mod.

Mine is machined from a block of brass, the button is smooth, firing assembly sturdy. I expect it is as durable as any squonker made today.

Check out Todd’s review.

This mod is a 100% original design. Anybody that says otherwise obviously does not own one & has no idea what they are talking about. {For instance, the battery goes in from the bottom, so it's held in securely- not dropped in from the top} For the money, it is the best mech bottom feeder that I have seen. Great button action with a safety lock, hits VERY hard, zero leaks and feels great. The juice bottle holds 10ml, too. View attachment 576649

It won't get you in the "Look how much money I spent on my vaporizer" club, though..... :rolleyes:

Just an FYI for those of you who have a Coppervape BF Mod.

These are the Bottles that Coppervape uses in their Mod...

$2.91 Empty Needle Refiller Bottle for E-Liquid (10-Pack) 10-pack - 10ml / PE / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

So for less than 3 Bucks, you can have Lots and Lots and Lots of Back-Up Bottles.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks zoiDman.
Another order ordered.

Hey No Problem KentA.

I forgot to ask Serena at Coppervape to include some Extra Bottles on my Order besides the 1 Extra that each Mod comes with.

But had seen those 10ml Bottles on FT before. So I thru a 10 Pack on one of my FT Orders. Figured if they worked I would be Set for Long Time. And if they didn't, I'd just PIF them to someone I know who vapes.

They came today and they Appear to have come out of the Same Mold as the Coppervape Bottles did.

Reactions: KentA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread