Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I change my mind so much. Been looking at this mod but the site doesn't go in depth. Can somebody link me to a thread which explains this mod or to someone who has reviewed it please? Want to be real safe and as I am getting into tanks which I like 1.3 ohm builds on I think I might as well use a kick or safety fuse. The site says 'top cap has brass pole fused' can somebody explain this. Is that similar to a hot spring? Any help would be great.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well, one thing it has a fuse as the top contact, so if anything goes wrong the fuse will pop and no go, youre safe.

I have quite a few GUS's so Im kinda fond of them. Great device and very well made. I should warn you, you might end up with a few more than one if you take the plunge.

THe modder is wonderful and he stands behind his devices, they offer free shipping and it gets to you pretty fast. He is ALWAYS available to help, either here as a PM or on the GUS mods FB page and of course thru his site. I wont go into any more as it might make me look like total "fan-girl" which I kinda am.

You cant go wrong with a GUS or GP device. TOp quality.

You can go with a Kick, but I prefer them as is. Kicks just make for an "iffy" experience. Ive only had one device work great with a kick and it was designed specifically for use with a kick.

You can go from the resistance you stated, down to .5 as long as you understand battery safety and are willing to change out often.

Its an amazing mech, big contacts, great switch. I think for the price you cant get much better. There are other mechs that are as nice, but you would be looking at 120 plus. All the parts are replaceable and in stock, Id order a few fuses to have on hand if you're kinda clutsy like me or if you are just learning how to rebuild.

Reactions: Izan

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thanks @anavidfan ''You can go from the resistance you stated, down to .5 as long as you understand battery safety and are willing to change out often.'' Why do you say that. The fuse in the top contact allows down to a .5? Wow. I don't need it but that is great. I think you've defo sold it then. The one i'm looking at is cheap. 58 Euros, but that is the older version. Is the spring in the button okay compared with the ball-bearing in the newer version? Do you know of anywhere that I can get that review on it. So that fuse is good and I don't need any other protection apart from common sense, battery safety and all that jazz? What about drilling vent holes in the top? Baditude recommends it. Just wondered, is that something you do? So many questions. Thanks

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I think there are more than one fuse they offer, you might ask them ( there is a notes in the purchase area) let him know you what you plan on building) I just threw that number out, I usually build at no lower than 0.7 ish.

I read others build lower so again, if they are using which fuse, Im not sure.

I just got a real old GUS from a good friend. It has the original switch design and it has a spring, its smooth as butter even though its a well used and at least 3 years old? ( maybe older)

I kinda like it just as much as my newer switches.

Yeap, dont think you need to worry, its very well designed and they use real good insulators on the top cap and switch.

If you want to drill it, go ahead, but I honestly dont think you need to, plus they are pretty thick walled and it might look wonky unless you have a good drill and finish it nice.

Those cores are a few years newer than my little oldie, so Im sure its even better.

Here is my new / old baby

Attachments

• old gus-001.jpg
    old gus-001.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 20
  • old guss-01.jpg
    old guss-01.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Zutankhamun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread