Could use some help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Hey guys, I'm new here and I am just having a problem with my setup. So, I have a protank3 and a firefly EP standard battery, not variable or anything, so I got some new atomizers for it, 0.8 subOHM and they worked fine for about 2 days, and on the third day, I noticed my battery stops firing while I'm holding it down and the light stays on solid for 3 seconds and then just shuts off completely. What's weird is that his battery doesn't do this by itself when the tank isn't screwed on, but does it randomly on and off when the tank is on! It seems to only do it at a certain point of the battery life, between the green and yellow (the battery does the green, yellow, and red for battery.) What could this issue be? Again, this is only a problem when the tank is screwed on, battery alone doesn't do this. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me here! :D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
. . . . a firefly EP standard battery, not variable or anything, so I got some new atomizers for it, 0.8 subOHM
I'm pretty sure the Firefly EP little 700 mah battery was not made for 0.8 ohm atomizers. It was probably designed for 1.5 ohm or above, maybe even 2.0 ohm or above.

I'm surprised you haven't already killed your battery.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I'm pretty sure the Firefly EP little 700 mah battery was not made for 0.8 ohm atomizers. It was probably designed for 1.5 ohm or above, maybe even 2.0 ohm or above.

Agreed. You need a mod that can fire sub ohm safely.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

Good call.
I totally missed the OPs atty resistance.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
You need a device that is subohm capable. Most ego type batteries, including variable types, are not made for subohming. Pick up some 1.5 coils for your protank, or buy iStick 30 to handle your problem.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Innokin iTaste VV4-M Express Kit 1000mAh, 15w, 0.8ohm I'm looking at this battery here just cuz I didn't want a giant mod, this one says in the description
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.8 ohms
Does this mean that the battery would be able to handle 0.8? Thanks guys for your help, I'm asking a lot of noob questions here lol

Edit: Link was removed, but the name is there.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Look for something that says 0.5 ohms or less.

You don't want to be right on the line.

Best case scenario, you'll get a couple heads one day that fall just below spec and they won't fire. Money down the drain and huge frustration figuring it out.

Worst case scenario could be bad. Real bad.

Tapatyped

Reactions: SupplyDaddy

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
H4X0R, you don't need to remove the links for devices.
Find what you think will work for you. Just remember, if you do not choose wisely, you'll be paying someone else More money to get where you want to be.

My link was automtically removed, probably because I'm new to this forum lol. But thanks guys! I'm gonna have to find a battery that can work with these atomizers, I really need something that's not super expensive but gets the job done, any ideas? I'm gonna search too and see what I can find!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah that PV is for tanks like EVODs, genitanks, clearomizers and Protanks with 1.8 or higher resistance....

For sub ohm tanks I highly recommend starting with a subtank nano by Kanger. Use the .5 ohm coils and vape 70VG30PG liquid at 30W at around 3mg nicotine. Lovely warm, dense and smooth tasty clouds.

For starting PV I cannot recommend enough the Coolfire 4 which goes up to 40W, has a built in rechargable battery and is made very tough is virtually bullet proof at the same price as the plastic e-vic or kanger sub box etc.....

Use a subtank like described above - or for MTL vaping - a nautilus mini (in mine and a lot of people's opinion THE best non sub ohm tank) with regular 1.8 BVC coils and 60PG40VG or lower VG liquids at around 15W.

I use the above for daily work vaping where I cannot blow massive clouds and use the subtanks for home pleasure vaping, the first ever vaping experience I've had that is actually better than smoking, literally when you get a good Nautilus + good juice + right nic level OR a good subtank + good juice + right nic level - smoking will be completely unsatisfactory in comparison. A few times I've faltered but after vping premium liquids at .5ohm and 30W - you light a cig and can barely taste it and you feel it 'doesn't give off enough coluds.'

Take time, research here, go to B&M shop and test the hell out of their gear to see what you like and test the juices before buying to save a lot of wasted money and you'll be well on your way to a smoke free life....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread