Status
Not open for further replies.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
My daughter had some problems with 2 of her Evod 650 batteries tonight after she changed the coil on her tank. One of the batteries is firing with a tank, but it seems a little weak. The other one does not fire at all with a tank attached. I took both batteries and cleaned the contacts thoroughly, and put them on my charger, even though both batteries were freshly charged when she started having problems. They both seemed to charge, the charger showed green pretty quickly.

The first battery does fire with a tank attached, so I am going to have her try it tomorrow. The second one lights up when it is powered on or off (5 quick clicks for either), and lights up when the button is pushed without a tank attached. As soon as I attach a tank, nothing. No light, no power.

We trashed the coil, on the off chance that it was shorting the battery - it was one that I had cleaned for reuse. We do not recoil, and I have not started rewicking coils yet. When I tried both her batteries, it was with one of my tanks attached - the coils in both my tanks are working fine. We use genuine Kanger coils, either 2.2 or 1.8 ohms, and have had no problems like this with either cleaned or brand new coils.

I am going to try getting the center post up a bit tomorrow, even though it looks OK to me.

Does anyone else have any ideas on what else I can do? I would appreciate any suggestions. Getting new batteries will have to wait till next week.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread