Cue Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
They're on a massive new late night ad campaign, and it was buggin' me, so I just yesterday read all the Cue threads here and "you know where" and then watched Phil B's YT vid on it and the "Europa" (edit for length Phil, I'm just sayin' ;) ).

It's an odd duck to be sure... certain aspects of it, its cartridge specs, and nic levels just don't make sense.
And it's definitely a ~30w, 0.6 ohm direct lung cloud machine. In a closed environment product.
Who's the market?

Phil, being MTL by preference, and always looking for a cigarette experience replacement... could find no way to get a satisfying vape from it (he's know the ceveloper for years and had the predecessor model in hand some two years prior to the 2016 review I watched).
Very much an inkjet printer marketing model as well... the box itself is a loss leader for the profit on the sealed cartridges. Damn they're pricey.

It's an intriguing next step in closed system mods... but it's not there yet. :(
A little more development, a better price structure, and a separate line for MTL users... and it might be a winner. Certainly make for a good back-up, beater or pop in the pocket when you'in a hurry out the door.

Reactions: Ryedan

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Inkjet model won’t work for ecigs. There’s too much competition and too much of the tech is too simple. Inkjet worked because of patents and the difficulty of making an ink jet print head. Cost of entry was in the millions. Only a few companies could make them, and ink could be made proprietary. You can literally make a totally functional ecig in a couple evenings in your basement and a trip to the library for the 3D printing. Juice is even easier.

The inkjet model used to be called the razor blade model. Making a blade that will stay sharp for an entire shave let alone a week of them is hard. Making one cheap enough to be disposable was a near miracle. They need to be able to make a really really better ecig, and they need to do it using a technology that not everyone can get their hands on. If they haven’t done that their model has an expiration date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread