Cue Vapor System!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
I’m sure we all know about the Cue Vapor System, the little sub-ohm Penguin-like pod-mod that has those cheesy TV commercials (admittingly fun to watch) and can be found for $17.99 at most smoke shops (hell of a deal, Smooth Tobacco 3mg pod included!)

Welp, here’s my review, and I am PICKY about my vapes!

No qualms about it, I’m in love with this sucker. I’ve tried so many sub-ohm setups that just spit back galore, taste funky, and where you can’t find the coils anywhere.

But the Cue? Omg. It doesn’t spit back! If it ever does, it’s such a microscopic speck that even *I* don’t notice it, which usually is a huge problem for me as I have fluid on the lungs and ANY spitback causes immediate acid-reflux type symptoms.

But the CUE? A vape that doesn’t spit. Quite a drier vapor and that’s fantastic. And the flavor is wonderful. I’ve never had a coil taste so clean! I literally wish Kanger or Smok could make a coil taste as clean as this, and in comparison, it’s like those companies dip their coils in machine oil.

The flavor is outstanding. The Smooth Tobacco is IDENTICAL to the Tobacco base used in Charlie Noble’s Pistachio RY4. If you’ve ever wanted that Tobacco base, pick up one of these puppies.

And the vapor. God. The vapor is unreal for a “pod mod” especially for it being 50/50. It’s actually like a Junior-version of the TFV4. It’s insane just what a quick puff does, it makes the people on the commercial look like they’re tootle puffing.

And the pod life. There’s a ton of juice in the pods! Only 4ml I think, but SOMEHOW with all the vapor, it still conserves it extremely well. I’ve been puffing on it since I got it and I’m still not halfway through the pod. There’s a whole lot more in there than it looks.

And their 3mg isn’t harsh! Most 3mg’s kill me but theirs is pretty smooth! And again, this must be the cleanest tasting coil I’ve had in awhile. And the Pistachio RY4-base, it’s incredible with a cup of coffee. I did NOT expect this kit to be this fantastic.

Now, the company says they do refunds for any reason if you’re not satisfied. There are some reports of them giving customers the run-around. I tried calling them myself just to see. No answer. BUT I love my kit and I think it’s fantastic.

$17.99 at smoke shops. All around the country. You can’t beat that. $6.99 for a pod, but they have good bundle deal prices, and I can vouch that for an “on the go” vape, yes, a pod will last ALL DAY if not longer (CUE is surprisingly HONEST about saying it has a “one-day average” but I think it has about 2 days or more especially if you have a back-up vape for the house.)

And I was spending $5-7 a day on cigs, because other setups did not do me right at all (lol I’m a victim of the “Great Flood and Spit I-Care Mini”) and my TFV4 and Kanger tank spit like a bunch of camels too. But the Cue rocks and this little thing is truly perfect for me and to get me off the cigs!

Oh, and nope, I didn’t get paid or get any free products for this review. It really is such a nice little thing that I had to share my experience with it. A lot of people will like this!

I just wish they made refillable pods. The coils in these things are WICKED good, huge vapor off the smallest puff (some videos show folks doing 5-second drags, naw I only need a 2-second vape on this for impressive 50/50 clouds) and the crystal-clear taste is unreal. Excellent juice (Smokey said it’s made by a very known juice maker but he didn’t reveal who), fans of Charlie Noble will get a surprise with the Smooth Tobacco.

Cheers! I actually highly recommend it, and trust me, I’m sitting here with much more expensive set-ups. This one nailed it, I’m a bit giddy, ESPECIAlLLY about the no spit-back.

Hope ya’ll enjoyed the read!

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
P.S. The battery life is fantastic and the amount of vapor doesn’t seem to go down as the charge does. The vapor on this thing is UNREAL, I’m shocked every time I mirror-vape. It is literally like a TFV4 Jr. It is incredible, 20x more than the commercial portrays. The air-flow is spot on perfect, and yet it has two possible airflow settings (if you want, you can leave one of the plugs in one of the air-flow holes, the company says its safe to do but I dont think it needs it.) I’m loving this little thing and as I get near the end of the pod, the flavor is STILL insane. I really do wish they’d jump on refillable pods but no lie, their own flavors are the bomb. Best Tobacco I’ve had since Charlie Noble’s.

I don’t mean to sound fake with this review but if ya’ll knew the trouble I’ve had with other devices, ya’lld know why I’m giddy. Hands down, this thing rocks, and I want to spread the word because this is a product done right, and it “sorta” seems like the company is struggling so I want to make sure people are aware of the Cue. Definately a #1 top vape for newcomers, and really it’s better than anything else even for most experienced vapers.

I haven’t tried the Penguin but... I’m PERFECTLY content with the Cue, and this is the ONE device I don’t think I’ll give up!

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
You know, I was really thinking about the math, and I’m subtracting $1 from each pod because a coil is already included, and another 50 cents for the luxery of not cleaning crap.

With the bundle at $5 a pod, I feel like I’m paying $3.5 per 4-5ml, which is along the lines of any juice brand that I “truly” enjoy (except Black Axis, they’re cheap af and they rock!) But even when I used Black Axis juice, I did not enjoy my TFV4. So much spitting.

And I’m nasty piss poor at building coils.

Overall though, yeah the pod life is NOT a cost saver. But I’ve only smoked a couple cigarettes today verses the pack-a-day that I’ve been on for a year now after giving up on mods.

The Cue is sub-ohm but gentle enough to really satisfy me. And I’m really plain extactic about there being no spitting. Yeah it’s really a preference thing but I’m plain happy I bought this thing. It’s been years since I’ve said that, I had to resort back to my Johnson Creek Vea for the longest and that didn’t even “do” me.

But this thing’s perfect for playing pool at the hall (there’s a store that sells the pods across the street) and I’m just plain happy. And no leaks at all. Oh and NO separated drip tip to rip out my mustache hair!!! I LOVE that!!

Idk, I know I sound too much, but we’ve all had “that” device that’s perfect for us. This one is my little baby!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Pod mods do serve a good segment of smokers looking to get off the smokes. Convenience and simplicity may justify the additional expense involved. One area for a regular vaper is using a pod mod during times "regular" vape gear is inconvenient. I can't knock the selection of one at all so long as you accept the excessive price differential, especially if its your only vape. But if you're good with that, nothing wrong with them. Enjoy!

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
You know, I was really thinking about the math, and I’m subtracting $1 from each pod because a coil is already included, and another 50 cents for the luxery of not cleaning crap.

With the bundle at $5 a pod, I feel like I’m paying $3.5 per 4-5ml, which is along the lines of any juice brand that I “truly” enjoy (except Black Axis, they’re cheap af and they rock!) But even when I used Black Axis juice, I did not enjoy my TFV4. So much spitting.

And I’m nasty piss poor at building coils.

Overall though, yeah the pod life is NOT a cost saver. But I’ve only smoked a couple cigarettes today verses the pack-a-day that I’ve been on for a year now after giving up on mods.

The Cue is sub-ohm but gentle enough to really satisfy me. And I’m really plain extactic about there being no spitting. Yeah it’s really a preference thing but I’m plain happy I bought this thing. It’s been years since I’ve said that, I had to resort back to my Johnson Creek Vea for the longest and that didn’t even “do” me.

But this thing’s perfect for playing pool at the hall (there’s a store that sells the pods across the street) and I’m just plain happy. And no leaks at all. Oh and NO separated drip tip to rip out my mustache hair!!! I LOVE that!!

Idk, I know I sound too much, but we’ve all had “that” device that’s perfect for us. This one is my little baby!
That's what really matters. Glad you found something that works for you and helping you not to smoke. :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Subohm vaping goes through juice, batteries and coils much faster than do the MTL systems.

The simplicity and convenience of pod systems can be appealing to 21st century smokers accustomed to microwave popcorn, internet in their hand and drive thru latte.

If Cue works for you, fantastic.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad the cue is working for you, and if it's the best thing you've found so far, then fantastic. I hope it helps you in your quest to quit smoking. Even at that price, depending on how much you smoked, you may find that you get savings, but most importantly your health may thank you.

Thanks for the review, it's great when one has enthusiasm about one's equipment, that makes a big difference, and I am glad you are enjoying it.

Anna

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
It's good to see someone find what really works for them. I'm currently struggling to suppress a severe case of shinyitis that I apparently caught perusing this forum. Three mods and a six month supply of juice since joining about 6 weeks ago. The cue pods seem a bit pricey to me, but glad that you found what works for you.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Here's a (long) video where a guy reviews something that looks very similar to the Cue. It's from about a year and a half ago. Take a look around the 10 minute mark. The guy drilled a hole in the top of the cartridge so that he could refill it himself. You might be able to do the same thing. I don't know how long the coil would last since it's intended as part of a disposable unit but it does look pretty easy to do:

Reactions: Opinionated

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
It’s definately a good back-up vape, it’s perfect for my pool games at the hall.

Here’s a breakdown of some further things though:

I’ve bought probably 7-8 pods so far, and there are some details I need to add.

Vanilla Cream - This one tastes heavenly, and just like Charlie’s Custard. The only thing is that in the 2 I bought, the Vanilla specifically wants to spit up quite a bit. The 1st Vanilla pod was BAD about it, the 2nd it’s a little less but moderate. Not a fan, spit-up juice is bad for my lungs and the spit-up suddenly stained my teeth yellow. It’s a very staining juice. Still tastes delicious however.

Menthol Tobacco - The flavor is an intense chilled menthol in a “dark green” menthol taste, with maybe a very subtle tobacco (like a Kool maybe.) This one pod also had a spitty issue, and menthol-spitback makes my stomach SICK. Probably not a rebuy.

Full Tobacco - Probably my favorite. I thought my favorite was Smooth Tobacco, but the Full is a more “Red Based” profile like Naked 100’s Cowboy. I don’t usually like Red profiles for Tobacco, but this one’s incredibly well-rounded and is great with drinks at the bar.

The only other thing too is I bought a Full Tobacco pod (that had been the “display version that the Tobacco shop had sitting there for MONTHS) because it was the last Full they had in stock, and unlike my first 4 Full Tobacco Pods, this one tasted burnt right off the bat and I could tell by the sound of the coil that something was blocking the juice from flowing into it, or that the juice had gone old and solidified on the coil (it can do that, if you let a coil sit in juice too long the coil breaks down and the juice mattifies on the cotton, most folks here probably have experienced it and it’s not good.)

Luckily, I got aholt of Cue’s Customer Service during lunch hours (best time to call them IMO), and they sent me out a new one right away, free of charge, no hassle. Great customer service. They “highly” recommended I buy my pods directly from the website, and my guess is truly because pods CAN sit there too long in a store and develop problems, especially after being mandhandled tons of times.

For performance, the Smooth Tobacco pod is insanely good. No spit, great coil life, all that. The Full Tobacco is equally as good. A few of the others were a little spitty, but I’m hoping a few of these issues die down in future pods. My very first pod was straight from the factory and had the best flavor and performance, the rest had been older pods so I’m thinking Cue is tightening the QC.

Oh and the Digirette is the Cue, they just changed the name of it. Most reviews are from back then. From a lot of those reviews though I think the Cue version pods put out a lot more vapor.

The price of the pods is indeed starting to “get” to me, they really should sell them at $4 max, and then they’d be in serious business. Or at least fill em up to the top, they could fit 3 more ml’s in these puppies.

I definately don’t see myself returning this device though, and even if I’m looking for future options, I’m enjoying the Cue and I’m glad the customer service did me right.

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
The only thing that limits my future buys though is that I’ve sworn off any Kanger or Smok products. Those brands spit and don’t have good coil flavor. I also have sworn off drip-tips, nearly every drip-tip in existance snags my mustache hair to the point it HURTS, and I don’t have to worry about this with pods.

My only future but MIGHT be the Penquin, but I heard the coils aren’t good.

My wish would be for Cue to sell re-fillable blank pods, it’d be easy for them to do based on that video above.

Or that a company like Johnson Creek buys them out, introduces the Cue as their own thing, let folks fill the pods with JC juices, and then we’d be in business. Even after the reformulations, Domestic, Gold Reserve, Birchwood Vanilla, Vanda, and Founder’s Reserve still rock.

I was doing those with my Vea for the longest, but it just wasn’t enough vapor and hit to keep me going.

Reactions: stols001

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Shame on shops trying to rip people off. Cue has $17.99 ads at every store and I BET the store was hiding the displays. I’d call Cue and report the store! It even sells on their website for $17, but $30 on the commercial which includes a free carring case and 2 pods (really the same price difference.) It even says $17 on the website if you know where to look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread