Cupti HELP....Reading 9.99OHMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
Hello all you Beautiful Vapers,

I am having a problem, I have a Kanger cupti, it is not very old...like 3 months. It has not been my primary vaporizer until now so it is not used all the time. I use it daily but I rarely take it with me when I go out, I have never dropped it or anything. Anyway, last night I was changing flavors and it had been a while so I decided to change the coil and the new coils was getting a reading of 9.99 Ohms and it was the 1.5 Ohm. So, I tried another coil, a .5 Ohm and the same thing happened. I cleaned the connection with alcohol, the one at the bottom of the tank section, still not working (this happened once before a while ago and when I cleaned the connection it fixed it). I looked up some fixes and tried to reset the Ohms by shutting off the system with no atomizer inside, still not working. I cleaned the entire inside with alcohol, still nothing. Anyone who has any ideas I would love to hear. Thanks so much...Love to all...Kim

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
Hi Kim. I can get that reading juuuuust before No Atomizer as I'm unscrewing the tank. Have you also cleaned the connection on the mod and pushed the pin down a few times to loosen it up and see if it's functional?

GL
Thanks so much for answering, so do you mean the pin at the bottom of the tank. I am completely unaware how these All In One's work so I have no idea how to begin to make it work. There is a round platform at the bottom of the tank where the coil sits when the stem is screwed down. so you are saying that should be spring loaded? Do I have that right?...again thanks so much

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
Hey Kim, r77r7r means the device. There is a spring loaded 510 pin where you thread the tank into the device. I ususally take a qtip and clean the threads and pin in the device daily. Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
On a Cupti? Confused, it is a All In One I don't screw in a Tank, I screw in a long stem with a coil at the bottom. The coil goes to the bottom of the juice area and touches the bottom.
Kanger-CUPTI-All-In-One-Vape-Mod.png

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
On a Cupti? Confused, it is a All In One I don't screw in a Tank, I screw in a long stem with a coil at the bottom. The coil goes to the bottom of the juice area and touches the bottom.
Kanger-CUPTI-All-In-One-Vape-Mod.png
Sorry about that Kim, my mind is on the other side if the world.
The only other AIO, the Nebox, which is the predecessor to the Cupti, has the exact problem you are having.
Here's a video of what someone tried as a potential fix, potential. It's seems like the coil isn't seating. I know you said you have not dropped yours and I believe you, it may be just the connection.
NEBOX 9.99 ERROR - Potential Fix after Dropping - Games Video Review

Reactions: r77r7r

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
I know, my head is here
c9eb51524fdb13b7ff7caf888c58706b.jpg

LOL Thanks anyway, I tried cleaning out the whole thing with vodka, I just don't know what to do, it is still within Warranty with Kanger hopefully they will fix it for me or send me a new one but I want it now is what kind of sucks. Thanks again though

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
LOL Thanks anyway, I tried cleaning out the whole thing with vodka, I just don't know what to do, it is still within Warranty with Kanger hopefully they will fix it for me or send me a new one but I want it now is what kind of sucks. Thanks again though
Yeah, if it's still under warranty make them fix it or replace it. I know how much of a bummer it can be with having issues. My first kanger EVOD, 1 out of 5 coils only worked, they did seem to get better when the subtank came out but the I was introduced to the Smok TFV4 at the time and never looked back.
I hope they stand by their warranty and hook you up with a new one.

jlv2fun4u

Jul 13, 2015
North Ridgeville, OH
My brand new cupti is doing this right out of the box. It says check atomizer. It's never been fired or vaped on ever. I literally took it out of the factory sealed box and put a little juice in it to try it out and it said check atomizer. I thought maybe it was a bad coil so I tried at least 3 different coils and still the same. I'm so frustrated and upset and I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread