· Flavor Ni200 Coil – 9 STARS
· Power Ability (.6) – 10 STARS
· Power Ability (.2) – 10 STARS
· Cloud Ability Summary – 9 STARS
· Dry Hit “Avoidance” – 10 STARS
· Ease of Break In – 8.5 STARS
· juice Consumption – 8 STARS
· Air Flow – 8.5 STARS

For those of you who have seen me around you have probably figured out that I appreciate power and prefer a warm vape from time to time. I'm always maxing out my stuff etc.. & I've been hanging around a lot in the Crown thread, TFV4 thread and spent a brief period in the Starre Pro thread (probably venting lol). You may know I don't take it "easy" on all these newer higher wattage coils coming out. I am always pushing them to their limit (sometimes past their limit) to see if they stack up.

I only started vaping earlier this year ending a 20 year career of smoking and it did not take long for me to discover my "love at first vape" with the Kangertech Subtank Plus V2. It seems like forever ago, but it was just March when like many of you I began chasing the perfect vape and since then these are a few tanks I have had the pleasure of spending my cash on :)

· Herakles
· Atlantis V2
· Beyang CVS
· Smowell Hatrick
· Starre/Maganus V2
· Starre Pro
· Horizon Arctic
· TFV4
· Uwell Crown
· Now, Sense Cyclone

So let’s talk about the Sense Cyclone.

WP_20150916_003.jpg

Opening the package:
Basics are covered with extra glass, 2 coils (.2 & .6) and what I did not like was the instructions are printed on the back of the. I can see someone rushing tossing it aside not seeing it. I would like to see an installation card included in today’s tanks because people throw labels and don't always look around.

Dis-assembly & Re-assembly: I felt the build quality was excellent and I was surprised at just how many pieces there are to this tank. Inspecting the tank I felt it was attractive enough, well machined and I appreciated that they kept the .22mm format. This tank fit perfect on my IPV3 li and threading was butter smooth on the 510. What I did not like was that the installed .6 ohm coil was loose. If someone was not careful they could have a problem with this. The physical size of a coil is about the same if not a tad larger than the Crown coils or the Starre’s.

Fill and Re-Fill Info:
I had already read reviews about folks having issues and I took it with a grain of salt because even though I had a terrible experience with the Starre Pro others ended up liking it once more info was clarified. To put this in perspective the Vape360 review came out on Starre Pro a month after all of us figured out the bugs, but their quirky review on the Sense Cyclone comes out before the tank has even hit people’s hands. To read both reviews one may think hands down the Cyclone is more difficult than Starre, but I would say re-fill time and "trickiness" for both tanks is about the same (once you know what you’re doing).

So what does that mean? Did I get a flooding mess? Did juice pour out of my tank? The answer is NO. Could I see it happening had Vaping360 not emphasized the flip method? Absolutely because the instructions (as we are getting used to) are not 100% crystal clear (so thank you Vape360 for emphasizing that needed info). Final thoughts revisits some of this.

So how is the top fill? Well... when you fill the tank for the 1st time you have to close off the air valve and turn the tank almost like you would a Rubiks cube to shift what is the "fill valve" so that a very small hash mark is lined up with artwork that looks like a “droplet of water” (fill mode). I would have really liked a more pronounced "hash mark". Now once the tank is filled you simply open the air valve and twist the tank so that the hash mark is lined up with what is the “lips with smoke” artwork (vape mode) and rock on. If Sense reads this a simple “V” and “F” may have sufficed for most of us.

Something else I noted is that you have to be mindful taking the cap off this tank, but not quite as mindful as Starre Pro to make sure you don’t loosen the top section above the glass. I will say that it gets smoother each time you do it. Moving on...

When you vape down your first tank and you are ready to re-fill close off your air valve and THEN turn the tank upside down (you can do this while mounted to your mod) and let the juice change chambers. THEN swivel the tank so that the hash mark is by the droplet logo. Then flip it back over to fill it up and once filled & the cap is back on you can NOW open the air valve and shift tank back to the smoking logo and vape on.

Coil Break In and Power:
This is where my fun began. I did lightly prime the coil rim and inlets to be extra safe then proceeded to dry puff it 5 times and then I vaped for 5 minutes on 45 watts. I slowly stepped up my IPV3 li wattage until I achieved 200 watts on the .2 coil using dual LGHB6 batteries so "I was giving her all I can Captain". Same mod (IPV3 li) in contrast I can also vape 200 watts on my .15 TFV4 quad coil, but it is WAY hotter than this Cyclone. The Cyclone .2 was probably about 35-40% cooler across all wattage's above 110 watts in comparison to the .15 TFV coil or at least that is what it felt like to me.

The .6 coil which is advertised at 150 watts I was unable to achieve the "real" wattage to even get it "warmed up". I think the ideal mod for the .6 high wattage build would be a triple 18650 set up. Sure I was able to turn the IPV3 up to 200 watts and it was not even warm (pesky ohms law). As a side note the .2 coil pack does not even say what the wattage rating is.

For those curious all was good with "crazy clouds" starting at the 60-90 watt range and it just kept cloudier as power went up. I was pleasantly surprised that the .2 ohm (which is an SS coil by the way) held up to that power because no where advertises that. I’m not a tootle puffer; this is the real deal for power hungry showing off.

**The Ni coil was yet another good experience, but I was limited to 50 Joules and found 500 degrees was my sweet spot. I will be able to revisit this in a few days with a “150 watt temp mode” on a mod that is on its way.

Flavor:
I was not super impressed with the .6 flavor, but thankfully the .2 ohm coil was definitely a winner at the 80-200 watt range. Regarding flavor some of my other tanks puts more juice in the mouth than this one. The cyclone juice guard protected me from that (all but a few rare times).

I feel some may say the .2 in particular is not as good as a few other popular tanks and this may be true, but the Cyclone during my extensive .2 testing was a “less wet", but flavorful experience (so it is hard to do 100% apples to apples). Your tongue getting a good amount juice on it from other popular tanks can really enhance "flavor", but it could be more of a placebo effect of what we think is 100% coil/cotton flavor. Just something to keep in mind, no more no less.

So all this being said I can say I am really enjoying the .2 and I am getting used to how this tank does it flavor wise. I made sure my two other reference tanks had the same juice in them to compare back and forth throughout the review process.

**Note on the Ni coil: Flavor was very good and this is my FAVORITE pre-made Ni coil so far, but my experience is limited to Crown, TFV and Arctic.

Summary of wishes:

1. I would have liked to see better instructions full color (real photos) on an insert card
2. I wish the .6 had better flavor at the 80-100 watt range
3. I wish we did not have to flip the tank over to engage the fill mod (it can be tricky mounted to a box mod)
4. I wish extra seals would have been included with the tank “just in case”
5. I would have like to have seen one Ni coil included in the package (there is room)
6. Rebuild-able deck in the box (rarely included these days)
7. Wattage should have been listed on the .2 coil box

Summary of satisfactions:

1. Tank height, width and capacity was spot on
2. Build quality
3. Extra glass (thank you)
4. Nylon lining in drip tip to shield heat
5. Juice consumption seemed less aggressive than TFV and Crown
6. Power, did I say power? This is a whole new 150 watt and 200 watt experience
7. I did not experience a single hint of a dry hit at 200 watts on the .2

Conclusion & Final Thoughts:

This tank will have a place among my other favorites for being a ground breaking power tank without dry hits, EXCELLENT Ni200 performance and very solid .2 ohm performance. It is an advanced tank for more seasoned users and is not the easiest re-fill on the market (similar to Starre Pro). You have to pay attention to what you are doing the first couple of fills, but the fun of rocking this high wattage at the temps I was getting was pretty darn cool. Sense sought out to make a high power tank for high power users and they 110% accomplished that.

I had NO "major" leaking just hints of fluid from the main AFV, but this was only immediately after re-fill. I also noticed a touch of juice coming out when upside down from drip tip & the tips AFV. My best guess is this was from the spitting the Cyclone guard was catching directly behind the tip finding its way out. I mean it has to go somewhere if not in my mouth right? It could also be residue from the coil coming back up. Minor annoyances, but I have seen much worse.

No tank is 100% perfect so all things said cross reference the reviews, go check it out yourself at the B&M's and make an informed decision.

I just purchased a second one from the classifieds from a regular member (thank you @Magikhat). In matter of full transparency I got the current tank from Health Cabin HealthCabin | E-Cigarette Forum.

A FILL 2.jpg

BEST PIC.jpg

Go easy on my video's..... I am no pro :)

.2 Ohm Coil, 200 watt setting on IPV3 Li

WP_20150916_007.jpg

WP_20150916_010.jpg

WP_20150916_021.jpg

WP_20150916_020.jpg

Attachments

• REFILL 2.jpg
    REFILL 2.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 130
  • A FILL 3.jpg
    A FILL 3.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
How much power do you think the nickel coil can handle? About the same as the TFV4 and Crown nickel coil?

I will be able to tell you a little more on that soon. I have a Hohm Wrecker mod that will be here any day and I just bought a second tank to keep the Ni200 coil in "dedicated" so I can keep the .2 in one and go back and forth.

That mod uses the below specs so I will get a harder run at that coil.

SPECIFICATIONS

• With FSK chip technology, runs on (2) 25A+ 18650 batteries
  • Size: 4.13 x 2.28 x 0.94 in. (105 x 58 x 24 mm)
  • Thread Style: 510 connection with full-face push pin & high-tensile spring
  • Wattage Output: 10W – 151W (also in TC)
  • Voltage Output: FSK Intellichips automation
  • Temperature Range: 200 oF – 700 oF (93 oC – 372 oC)
  • Ohm Resistance Range: 0.05Ω - 3Ω
  • Temp/Watt Increments: .1-1 watts (WATTS MODE) : 10 oF (TEMP MODE) : 1 oC (TEMP MODE)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread