Vaporesso Cascade 200 watt sub-ohm tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Andy-O

Dec 2, 2017
Chatsworth, CA
Vaporesso recently dropped the news of releasing a 200 watt capable sub-ohm tank called the Cascade!!

They sent me one to review on my YouTube channel (KJ Andy-O).

The tank is capable of holding up to 7ml's of e-liquid.
The dimensions are: 60.5 in height, 25mm in diameter and 81 grams in weight.

They provide you with 2 GTM coil heads. These are a newer version of their previous GT coils. They are a much larger coil. They also provide an adapter to use the previous GT coils.

Coils provided are: GTM 2 - .4ohm 40-80 watts as well as the GTM 8 - .15ohm 80-200 watts

I believe the tank is also compatible with the Smok Baby Beast coils.

Overall this tank is quite incredible. I was able to push the GTM 8 coil heads to the 200 watt limit. They performed excellent with no dry / burnt hits and they provided a very warm and saturated vape. The sweet spot for these coils is around 145 watts in my opinion. The higher you go the warmer or hotter the vape becomes.

If you would like to watch my full review and breakdown of the tank it is available at:

Feel free to reply if you have any questions that I did not cover. Definitely a thumbs up on Vaporesso for releasing this powerhouse of a sub-ohm tank!!

KJ Andy-O

Dec 2, 2017
Chatsworth, CA
is there going to be an rba option for it?
I don't believe that Vaporesso is planning to release an RBA deck for the Cascade tank. It would really be a great idea if they did. Kinda what makes or breaks it for me as I normally use rebuildables only. For a regular sub-ohm tank I do consider it to be the best one that I have yet tried.

KJ Andy-O

Dec 2, 2017
Chatsworth, CA
i like the looks of it, but i'm a low power sub-ohmer. my dual coils run around .5-.6, and wattage maxes around 25 watts. these fancy 4,5,6,8 or more coil tanks just dont tickle my pickle. its pretty though.
They do offer a dual coil
I watched a reviewer and he said it was very heavy compared to other tanks. No thanks! I also don't need that much power capability.
It is a pretty heavy tank. It does offer lower powered coils and is completely backwards compatible to the GT coils from Vaporesso. The upside of the tank is that it provides really good flavor in addition to holding 7ml's of e-liquid.

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA
I don't believe that Vaporesso is planning to release an RBA deck for the Cascade tank. It would really be a great idea if they did. Kinda what makes or breaks it for me as I normally use rebuildables only. For a regular sub-ohm tank I do consider it to be the best one that I have yet tried.
A couple of days ago I saw the description 'Vaporesso Cascade Tank Rebuildable' on their website; however, the full description was for nothing more than the 'standard' Cascade tank!!??!! This is the ONLY clue that I may have for Vaporesso at least 'thinking' about a RBA head!!
Cascade_RTA.png

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
i pulled the trigger on this one, dipping my toe in the deeper waters so to speak. the stock dual coils are too airy at lower wattage to keep the flavor going. i did crank it to 70 watts, and with my 70/30 juice it roasted itself after 2 drags. i did try the nrg coils with the adapter and they were more reasonable, got fair flavor at 40-50 watts with the same juice, the stock coils barely heated at 40 watts. i have heard from some of the reviewers that you can run baby beast coils in the adapter, i have not tried that yet, but if they do drop an RTA kit for it i would probably buy it. the tank has potential, but it needs a lot tighter airflow to be a flavor chaser, it is absolutely a cloud chucker.

would not recommend running max vg on this as it had issues keeping up with 70/30 in the recommended sweet spot range, i have not tried the multi hole coil yet, waiting on some more batteries for my dual bat mods. this tank is truly thirsty in terms of juice and power.

KJ Andy-O

Dec 2, 2017
Chatsworth, CA
A couple of days ago I saw the description 'Vaporesso Cascade Tank Rebuildable' on their website; however, the full description was for nothing more than the 'standard' Cascade tank!!??!! This is the ONLY clue that I may have for Vaporesso at least 'thinking' about a RBA head!! View attachment 720737
That definitely is an error on the site as far as the term "rebuildable" is concerned. Vaporesso informed me that they have no plans of an RBA section for the Cascade. They told me that soon there are newer products to be released. They would not elaborate on that though. I sure do wish that an RBA section existed for the Cascade tank.

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA
That definitely is an error on the site as far as the term "rebuildable" is concerned. Vaporesso informed me that they have no plans of an RBA section for the Cascade. They told me that soon there are newer products to be released. They would not elaborate on that though. I sure do wish that an RBA section existed for the Cascade tank.
Awwwww, I wish they would reconsider!!??!!:( It's a terrific tank... the 'stock' coils are not very good, IMO; however, using the 'adapter' for the GT (and BBB/BB) coils the flavor, clouds, and enjoyment really pops!! I tried the GT cCell in the adapter and it was pretty good, but it takes a bit of time to 'break-in' the ceramic coil - the drawback to the cCell is I can't find the damn things in the States, ONLY on China sites!:grr:

Reactions: stols001

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA
I guess they don't make much $$$ off of coils and RBA heads, so they don't waste their time producing a 10 buck 'add-on'??!!??

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’ve been using the Cascade tank for two weeks now and absolutely love the flavor and thickness of the vape. I’ve used both the .6 coil that comes with it and a GT .15 coil with the adapter that comes with the tank.

I couldn’t be happier. Plus it holds a lot of juice - 7ml I believe.

Great tank.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Awwwww, I wish they would reconsider!!??!!:( It's a terrific tank... the 'stock' coils are not very good, IMO; however, using the 'adapter' for the GT (and BBB/BB) coils the flavor, clouds, and enjoyment really pops!! I tried the GT cCell in the adapter and it was pretty good, but it takes a bit of time to 'break-in' the ceramic coil - the drawback to the cCell is I can't find the damn things in the States, ONLY on China sites!:grr:

I’ve been buying the ceramic GT coils from MFS when I don’t want to wait for Fastech delivery. They are difficult to find so I bought bulk from China. Great coils.

GT C-Cell Core Replacement Coils 0.5ohm - 3-Pack

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA
I’ve been using the Cascade tank for two weeks now and absolutely love the flavor and thickness of the vape. I’ve used both the .6 coil that comes with it and a GT .15 coil with the adapter that comes with the tank.

I couldn’t be happier. Plus it holds a lot of juice - 7ml I believe.

Great tank.
Yep, this is my favorite pre-made-coil tank by far! The ONLY thing that holds it back is :-xNO RBA head, that's when I go to my TFV12 Prince!!

Reactions: stols001

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA
I haven’t ventured into rta’s or rda’s yet so until then I’m really happy with this tank on top of the revenger X!
The ONLY reason I started building my own coils was dissatisfaction with pre-made coil heads on some tanks... some of those tanks don't have RBA heads so they're shelf decoration;)
For example, I have the TFV12 Prince and, for me, the coil heads are much too harsh - can NEVER find a 'sweet-spot'!! Soooo, I opted for the RBA head, build my own 'sweet-spot' coils and life is sweet again!!!!!:banana:

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA
I haven’t ventured into rta’s or rda’s yet so until then I’m really happy with this tank on top of the revenger X!
Now that I've found a Stateside source for the GT cCells, I'll return to the Cascade on my (original) Revenger... I keep procrastinating on getting the 'X'!!!:blush:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Now that I've found a Stateside source for the GT cCells, I'll return to the Cascade on my (original) Revenger... I keep procrastinating on getting the 'X'!!!:blush:

I think it’s probably not worth spending the money for a few bells n whistles. Is the Revenger able to update the firmware on the Omni board? If so then it probably functions the exact same way. I’m hoping mine lasts awhile it’s a solid mod. I had the mini initially but wanted external batteries after awhile. Haven’t been disappointed at all. I love it.

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA
I think it’s probably not worth spending the money for a few bells n whistles. Is the Revenger able to update the firmware on the Omni board? If so then it probably functions the exact same way. I’m hoping mine lasts awhile it’s a solid mod. I had the mini initially but wanted external batteries after awhile. Haven’t been disappointed at all. I love it.
Vaporesso released a firmware update last August for the 'original' Revenger, but the Omni board is so good it probably wasn't really needed except for some 'tweaks'!?! I don't really get new mods very often, my downfall is buying damn atties!!:D I got a GBox squonker a few months back and have bought six different BF atties... the wife doesn't even ask anymore about vapemail - it's an atty!!!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread