Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
vaporesso released a firmware update last August for the 'original' Revenger, but the Omni board is so good it probably wasn't really needed except for some 'tweaks'!?! I don't really get new mods very often, my downfall is buying damn atties!!:D I got a GBox squonker a few months back and have bought six different BF atties... the wife doesn't even ask anymore about vapemail - it's an atty!!!:headbang:

Lol! They are kinda of addicting! I just bought a Heracles 3 for my backup mod the Sense V Jet. It’s a decent combo but not anywhere near as nice as the Revenger series with the Cascade tank.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
OMG the Cascade tank is awesome! What great flavor and wonderfully rich dense clouds! I use the GT coils especially the GT Ccell which has a ss coil so I can use tc. Im big fan of these coils. Good selection too. I bought a whole lot of them from Fastech at a really good discount if you buy more than 3 packages at a time.

The GTM coils are horrible imo. I’ve never had dry hits before until I tried them out. I even tried poking holes in the cotton to make them wick better but still dry hits.

I’m not familiar with the coils you mentioned. Which ones do you use? I’d like to check them out.

Reactions: stols001

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
i pulled the trigger on this one, dipping my toe in the deeper waters so to speak. the stock dual coils are too airy at lower wattage to keep the flavor going. i did crank it to 70 watts, and with my 70/30 juice it roasted itself after 2 drags. i did try the nrg coils with the adapter and they were more reasonable, got fair flavor at 40-50 watts with the same juice, the stock coils barely heated at 40 watts. i have heard from some of the reviewers that you can run baby beast coils in the adapter, i have not tried that yet, but if they do drop an RTA kit for it i would probably buy it. the tank has potential, but it needs a lot tighter airflow to be a flavor chaser, it is absolutely a cloud chucker.

would not recommend running max vg on this as it had issues keeping up with 70/30 in the recommended sweet spot range, i have not tried the multi hole coil yet, waiting on some more batteries for my dual bat mods. this tank is truly thirsty in terms of juice and power.

I've been using Max VG e-juice with my Vaporesso coils w/out any issues. As far as 'roasting' the coils, they have a recommended (best) wattage range for every setting on capable devices (soft, normal & high, 'high' is also stamped on coil), these controls are on modern Vaporesso & some SMOK mods. I run the dual core on at 50W on medium w/out any issue, although haven't ordered anymore of these, got a 3 pack each of the GT6 & GT8, which are really 3 & 4 coils that'll lower the ohm level versus the 0.4 ohm GT2.

The cool thing about these coils, provided these aren't blown out or totally shot, can be used over & over again by a 12 hour soak in Everclear (grain alcohol only) or other clear high proof liquor (it's quite normal for it to be dark afterwards.:D). About halfway through the soak, use a safety pin or other thin object & gently go through each coil hole, don't force anything, just go all the way through & drop back in, helps to ensure a good cleaning. Followed by a rinse with hot water & then soak in water for another 12 hours, rinse again, blow through to dry good, and place over a heat/AC vent to dry. As an alternative to the final 12 hour water soak, it's OK place in water that's at a full boil for 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat & allow to naturally cool & then dry.

So far, haven't had to open my new coils yet, the two that came with the NRG tank & one from a SMOK BBB are on their 3rd reuse. The above method as to cleaning, I forget his name, but he's wild, crazy & reviews nearly every piece of hardware built.:D

He stated that the cleaning will bring these back to '90%', well mine still hits like new, can produce some massive clouds, of course, the GT2 not quite as much, yet still that $12 bottle of Everclear has paid for itself twice & haven't used one-fourths of it yet.:)

And as stated, have used nothing except Max VG, I don't like the PG much, makes every e-juice taste sweet, used to do 50/50 blends, couldn't tell some apart from the other ones of similar flavor.

I intend on getting that Vaporesso 200W tank, that is, unless has been superceded by a newer version. Am awaiting a Vaporesso 220W Switcher mod kit that included the same NRG tank as the Revenger X, just when I thought I had the latest, Vaporesso outdid themselves once again. Some says that although some components are interchangeable, that Vaporesso is of higher quality than SMOK, one thing for sure, pricing tends to be higher, although not as much selection.

Good Luck & hang in there, before you know it, will want to try the GT6 & 8 coils, while some may think because of their wattage, will floor one taking a vape, really both are very smooth in the 55-75W range. Before I got the Revenger X kit (won in ECF supplier contest), never went above 32.5W, Vaporesso made high wattage vaping easy for the masses.:)

Cat

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Vaporesso released a firmware update last August for the 'original' Revenger, but the Omni board is so good it probably wasn't really needed except for some 'tweaks'!?! I don't really get new mods very often, my downfall is buying damn atties!!:D I got a GBox squonker a few months back and have bought six different BF atties... the wife doesn't even ask anymore about vapemail - it's an atty!!!:headbang:

My wife is the same way!:D

I have a passion for vaping, if I see a piece of hardware I want & within reason, am going to get it. Thinking 3-4 years back, the ancestors of the devices we have today were unaffordable to the masses, a mid-range device ($35-50) of today would had been over $200 or higher then.:)

Nowadays it's nothing to find a feature packed $125 mod for $79.99 on promo, probably clearing stock for the next big thing.:)

By now, my wife should know what I get in the mail, vaping or computer hardware.:D

Cat

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’ve never “burnt” out a GT coil and the recommended Best Watt Range is pretty right on. I don’t often use the GT 8 tho because I don’t usually vape at the temps it’s rated for.

Ive also never had a “bad” GT coil that seems to be more common with some Smok coils from what I see on the forums.

I do build most of my own coils now but I always have a vaporesso tank w a GT coil in my daily rotation.

Good luck with the new mod. It has the newest Omni board version 2.6 so it should be pretty awesome especially with temp control.

Phroggy

Mar 27, 2017
Georgia USA
I’ve never “burnt” out a GT coil and the recommended Best Watt Range is pretty right on. I don’t often use the GT 8 tho because I don’t usually vape at the temps it’s rated for.

Ive also never had a “bad” GT coil that seems to be more common with some Smok coils from what I see on the forums.

I do build most of my own coils now but I always have a vaporesso tank w a GT coil in my daily rotation.

Good luck with the new mod. It has the newest Omni board version 2.6 so it should be pretty awesome especially with temp control.
Agree, I've never 'burnt' a GT coil; very rarely do I ever get a dry hit and when I do it's due to 'chain vaping'!! Also, never had a 'bad' GT coil; however, I've found it pretty common to get a 'bad' SMOK coil:-x On the other hand, I do use SMOK coils more often than the GT coils 'cuz for me, the SMOK coils have better flavor... plus, the GT coils are next to impossible to find locally!!:(

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Agree, I've never 'burnt' a GT coil; very rarely do I ever get a dry hit and when I do it's due to 'chain vaping'!! Also, never had a 'bad' GT coil; however, I've found it pretty common to get a 'bad' SMOK coil:-x On the other hand, I do use SMOK coils more often than the GT coils 'cuz for me, the SMOK coils have better flavor... plus, the GT coils are next to impossible to find locally!!:(

I’ll have to check a Smok coil out but I’m sooo stocked up with GT coils it’ll be awhile. I’ve bought a stockpile from Fasttech to last me a long time lol!!

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Vaporesso Cascade 200W sub-ohm tank on the way, from DirectVapor!:thumbs:

Vaporesso Cascade Sub Ohm Vape Tank

$34.95 & Free Shipping for the Rainbow I chose, the SS is $32.95. Have ordered some extra of both the GTM2 (0.4 ohm) & GTM8 (0.15 ohm), the latter is where one can vape up to 200W, although will likely never go that high. As in the video shown, somewhere in the 120-140W range is what I'm looking for, will be using on the Revenger Switcher 220W on it's way (should be here tomorrow).:)

For some, the GTM2 coils will be preferable & may be for myself, want to feel the potential of this tank & decide, while the NRG tank with GT coils are great, the Cascade should be fantastic. Looks like Vaporesso has outdone themselves with this addition & with the choice of coils, there's an option for most everyone. Although the best experience will be on a modern Vaporesso mod (& some SMOK) where one has the choice of soft, normal or high at every wattage level.

Also, don't forget to use proper rated batteries with this setup, have two sets of the Sony VTC5A & another two more pairs on it's way. I don't believe my 300mAh LG HG2's can handle this type of power, may be possible with the GTM2 coils if not going over 50W. Cannot use low quality of knockoffs with this mod & tank setup, Mooch has lots of good advice on choosing batteries.:)

With this high powered sub-ohm tank on it's way, looking like the Reload (Kindbright version) RTA may be still sitting in it's sealed box for some time to come.:D

Cat

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
is there going to be an rba option for it?

Probably not.:(

Vaporesso makes more income by it's customers purchasing coils, an RBA edition would be great for us, yet a loss of revenue for them. I consider Vaporesso more of a luxury brand over it's closest competitor in SMOK, higher quality as well.

While I've read one Reddit article that implies one can use the SMOK RBA glass along with their seal on the NRG tank, haven't tried & likely won't. Not until ECF members does it first & confirms doable.:)

Cat

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Good luck with the Cascade. I love this tank. I haven’t had good luck with either of the GTM coils. Constant dry hits even with proper priming and poking holes in the cotton a la Smok coils. I’ll only use the GT coils in it from now on. Too frustrating.

Same here!:(

Primed the installed GTM8 coil, filled tank & allowed to stand for an hour, the vape didn't seem to be strong, rather more of a very harsh dry hit. Did the same after a 6 hour soak with Everclear, followed by a rinse & another 6 hour soak in hot water & a smoother tasting e-juice. The GTM2 coil was much better in the 65-70W range at Normal setting of their Switcher mod, 75-80W was kind of hot to my liking, yet was still a decent coil, although uses more e-juice than the GT6 & 8 ones in the NRG tank.

Vaporesso should had tested these coils more extensively before putting on the market, the Revenger X kit with NRG tank was a great release (same was included with the Switcher Kit), this could be bad for their name, as one bad release could undo all of the prior good ones. Some brands manages to survive a bad product, others doesn't, there's too many choices to accept a subpar offering. If the Cascade was intended to be the TFV12 Cloud Beast killer, has fallen short by a longshot.:(

What I feel to be the issue with the GTM8 coils may be the over packing of cotton, this will most certainly cause dry hits, regardless of device or DIY build. Unfortunately, as consumers & the way the GTM8 is built, we have no way to get some of that out to see for ourselves if this is the case or not.

Having been vaping for nearly 5 years, the Revenger X at 65-75W, should had been able to vape at the recommended minimum of 80W with the GTM8 coils. Preferably 100W after a couple of priming hits, as the minimum will likely not vape good, e-juice taste in mouth & one simply won't get the full experience. Yet no one can get that if most of the coils are badly manufactured, dry hits are the likely the top of the worst experience that we can have, it's downright awful to say the least.:(

Ordered a pack each of the GTM2 & 8 coils, if all of the GTM8 turns out to be duds, will use the GT adapter & run the GT8 coils instead & Vaporesso will hear from me about the matter. Please don't accept this in silence, it's unacceptable to advertise the best vaping experience & turns out to be the exact opposite, let Vaporesso know about this, am sure they have a Facebook & Twitter page, in addition to their customer service email address. Stand for your rights, should the coils turn out to be lemons, or Vaporesso will continue to push inferior offerings, thinking that all is OK when not.

While testing by 3rd party YouTubers who does videos are generally a good way to determine whether a device is good or bad, sometimes there's changes made afterwards for the worse that's not accounted for. Many of these are received as a gift for leaving a review & that can play a factor, although this is the first in a long time that's left me disappointed.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread