DID Genesis Dual Wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Didnt have time yet to take picks but its pretty self explanatory, For the last couple of hours I've been vaping on a dual 400 SS mesh wick in my Genesis DID Atty. I rolled up one nice size wick, then rolled up a 2nd mesh wick that was smaller and fit inside the first wick, the second wick has a small hole going up the center of it. No special tricks to do this just one wick inside the other, for some reason my flavor is better then ever, I guess the Dual Wick holds more juice maybe at the coil area, the flavor from this is just amazing, I suggest whoever has a Genesis DID unit to try this, it's all about the Capillary action :)

Last edited:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Didnt have time yet to take picks but its pretty self explanatory, For the last couple of hours I've been vaping on a dual 400 SS mesh wick in my Genesis DID Atty. I rolled up one nice size wick, then rolled up a 2nd mesh wick that was smaller and fit inside the first wick, the second wick has a small hole going up the center of it. No special tricks to do this just one wick inside the other, for some reason my flavor is better then ever, I guess the Dual Wick holds more juice maybe at the coil area, the flavor from this is just amazing, I suggest whoever has a Genesis DID unit to try this, it's all about the Capillary action :)

I have never made a double wick, have to try it. I do use much more mesh than most. I usually roll 45mm of mesh for a 2mm diameter wick with a small center hole for my lines and I chain vape 100%VG with no dry hits, Yes it is a capillary action and more mesh more action, the opposite of what many think.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
what would be the diff. vs going with a bigger one,more tightly made from the get go?

martinc

What happens with the dual wick is the juice is getting pulled up in two places, it's like adding a 2nd artery to the wick system. The juice gets pulled up in between the first and 2nd wick and then also though the small hole on the inner wick, thus bringing more juice to the coil area and it seems to hold it there too while you take a pull. I like using this it seems to work well on my "DID" Genesis, My flavor is increased a lot with this set up as well. Next I want to try to pull the insulator out of the Zen Z-Atty and try it on this. It also seems a bigger drilled hole for the wicking area providing for a bigger wick is a good thing on Genesis type Attys, and allows for not only a bigger wick but makes it allowable for a nicely made dual wick too.

Last edited:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
My problem has always been getting too much juice thru the center hole, that is why I went to more mesh, very tight to give me more capillary action and less volcanic action thru a small hole. With excessive juice thru the center hole I would get a ball of crude on the upper part of the wick and coil like in the pic.
IMG_1366.jpg

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
HAHAH BJ43, I think it's time for a burn and wash buddy :laugh:

The wick hole in the line is very small, to small for a dual wick like I'm talking about, the wick hole on the DID unit is huge at least 3mm and why my Dual wick works in it :) and also one of the reasons the DID is so good :) In fact the best Genesis unit I have used to date, and there always in stock and with replacement parts readily available, I cant believe more aren't grabbing these, yes there that good that DID is :) if you get one get an extra pkg of the 3 brass screws too,,, using 4 of them is the way to fly.

Last edited:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
HAHAH BJ43, I think it's time for a burn and wash buddy :laugh:

The wick hole in the line is very small, to small for a dual wick like I'm talking about, the wick hole on the DID unit is huge at least 3mm and why my Dual wick works in it :) and also one of the reasons the DID is so good :) In fact the best Genesis unit I have used to date, and there always in stock and with replacement parts readily available, I cant believe more aren't grabbing these, yes there that good that DID is :) if you get one get an extra pkg of the 3 brass screws too,,, using 4 of them is the way to fly.

Cool,, I am going to try one of my cheap lines with a 3mm dual wick.
Link to a DID please...
I am getting old and senile, what's a DID?

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
OK, I was just going by the one shown, didint look like it would ever fit a 3mm wick. Try one of these DID man there really something, a single fat wick works dam good too. Just how this DID is set up in my opinion makes it a dam good unit, and very reasonable priced for a nice Genesis unit too.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
OK, I was just going by the one shown, didint look like it would ever fit a 3mm wick. Try one of these DID man there really something, a single fat wick works dam good too. Just how this DID is set up in my opinion makes it a dam good unit, and very reasonable priced for a nice Genesis unit too.
Cheap line before drilling wick hole, I normally use 2 to 2.5mm but will drill this to 3mm and try your wick, The DID looks interesting even though the run to the post looks to be too long for heavy high voltage vaping. I do agree with you that these Genesis type give the best results, but I try to stay away from brass. I have built over 100 line type and and am really happy with them.
IMG_1234.jpg

Last edited:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
BJ curious to hear your results and observations

My preference so far is SS on the line setup and cotton on the Vivi setup. If I heat up the cotton on the line to get the TH I like it burns the cotton yet with the Vivi with the air coming from right under the wick I can get the TH I like. The 3mm wick on the line was just too cold and when I bumped the voltage over 5v it started to be a problem and at
5.5 volts it burned the cotton. I am using 2.4 ohm of 32g kanthal on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread