I had almost given up on Genesis tanks until I tried this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Do you leave an opening in the center of you wick, or just roll it tight with no opening?

I have the opening or hole down the center of the wick. A smaller hole with a thicker "wall" wick seems to be the best working for me regarding the wicking capabilities, but a larger hole/thinner wall works well for me also........kinda depends what atomizer I'm using.

If you are having a hard time with wicks/coils on a genesis atty a provari will increase them 10fold.
I'm not knocking the provari , I love mine. I use it solely with a ZAP and love it. It will just drive you ape#*^% if you are having shorts.

Yes, it can drive you a lil batty at first but the thing I like about the Provari's sensitivity is that it lets you more accurately know that yer wick oxidation is right or not. Once you get good at the oxidizing process you won't have the Provari tripping codes and popping coils. I have my oxidation process down cold and I haven't seen an E1 or E8 error in weeks and I'm making coils/wick in seconds now instead of fighting for 20 minutes to get the dang thing "close enough to work".

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
hey buddy, i own 2 did's and a provari. i have had this set up for months. i never have any issues with it, at all. after the initial set up and tweeks it stays perfect until i recoil it. i usaully go more than a week on my coils and a couple weeks on my wick. so i use 270 mesh rolled tight. i pre oxidize the mesh just a little. then i roll it up close to the diameter that i want (for me the wick should fit into the wick hole with a little play in it, it shouldnt be to tight in the wick hole) i then fire it up really good and quench. then i roll it up a little tighter, then quench again. i then roll it to the perfect diameter then quench the final time. i then juice burn twice. i put the wick into the devise without any juice in the tank. when i set this up i do it on a mechanical mod, i own an omega. so the wick is installed, i take off the nuts that are on the center post except the very bottom one that holds the center post secure. i then connect the wire to the ground screw and tighten. using 28 or 30 gauge wire( to me this is the ticket, when using anything smaller i had issues) i do a 4 wrap on 30 g or 5 wrap on 28 g. i always heat up the wire before starting. when starting the wrap i keep the wire at the very bottom of tank until i get to the wick. then i wrap right on the wick, not to tight and not to lose. no cotton or rolling paper. i complete all wraps then at this point i screw on the nuts on the center post and adjust the nuts to the exact hight of the last wrap. you need to make sure ( i cant see very good so i use a magnifing glass) that none of the coils are touching the center posts all the way up the wick especially at the bottom. i think the bottom coils are the hardest coils to make tight, and sometimes comes out to lose and touches the bottom nut of the center post. when i first started i used to get major hotspots on the top coil and sometimes they even poped. this was from the coil touching at the bottom. so now it is wrapped and locked in. after this i usaully take a tooth pick and put it between the wick and the center post at the bottom just to add a little distance between. now i add a drop of juice and fire it up. check out the coils to see if all are glowing and then add juice in tank. i vape a few pulls then take off the tank and put it onto my provari to check ohms. usaully my set-up is between 1.0 to 1.4 at most depending on the wire. at this point i adjust the voltage and go. using this procedure, for the past 4 months or so i can set up the wick and coil and after the initial tweak, maybe a couple of minutes after the install of the wick & coil, it is completely trouble free until i re-do my coil (a week for the coil, then re-coil) i never have any problems what so ever after the initial tweak. now this is on a DID, it is the only geny i own at this point. but am thinking about ordering the ac-9. i forgot to add that when i roll my wick i fold the one end of the mesh just a little, so that after the wick is rolled up the end of the mesh has a clean end. hope this helps a little. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread