Did my battery just vent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonface

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Squape rs clone on top of a stout with aoso 60amp(30amp) battery. 0.8 ohm coil @ 13watts. Put it in my mouth, pressed fire button then sudden pfft noise and slight pressure towards my mouth. Looked down at display it had jumped up to 58watts. Not had battery long never had any problems with anything, keen on battery safety always look after everything. Battery looks unharmed but obviously gonna throw it, or maybe deck shorted or something?

I've used battery in hybrid mech with similar builds with no problems at all. Battery 'looks' fine. I'm going with worst case scenario, vent. But stouts regulated. I just need to understand what happened and why. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Squape rs clone on top of a stout with aoso 60amp(30amp) battery. 0.8 ohm coil @ 13watts. Put it in my mouth, pressed fire button then sudden pfft noise and slight pressure towards my mouth. Looked down at display it had jumped up to 58watts. Not had battery long never had any problems with anything, keen on battery safety always look after everything. Battery looks unharmed but obviously gonna throw it, or maybe deck shorted or something?

I've used battery in hybrid mech with similar builds with no problems at all. Battery 'looks' fine. I'm going with worst case scenario, vent. But stouts regulated. I just need to understand what happened and why. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thankyou.
Me thoughts...
You fired a .8Ω coil at 58 watts. THAT IS ALL.
If the display is still working...the battery did not vent.

Stick to the regulated devices and remember to ALWAYS check your watts BEFORE you fire.
You are welcome.
Cheers
I

Moonface

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Thanks everyone. I'm glad this place is here and you all take the time to reply. You've really put my mind at ease.
That slight pressure thing really scared me and I feared the worst. Lesson learned....didn't have my buttons locked. I should have known better.
I read all the horror stories and possible causes.I'm usually super careful/paranoid, which added to the shock of something going wrong. I feel like such a fool. But a wiser fool thanks to you guys.

Reactions: Izan

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Squape rs clone on top of a stout with aoso 60amp(30amp) battery.

I can assure you that your battery is not 60 pulse/30 continuous amps as advertised. Mooch is our resident battery expert, and has tested hundreds of batteries for their true amp ratings. He hasn't tested your brand, but all of the other 26650 batteries didn't come close to having a 30 amps continuous discharge rate.

26650 Battery Bench Test Results and New Ratings Table

Moonface

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Reactions: Baditude

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Coil wire and wick design play into the popping you experienced. Most of the Chinese rebuildables seem to come with Nichrome wire and what looks like Rayon in the wick. I've had to recoil just about every new tank I've bought for that same problem.

My new Lemo Drop was producing pulse pops so bad that I could feel an explosion on my tongue that made my cheeks expand. I ripped out the Nichrome coil and wick and replaced it with 28ga Kanthal and Koh Gen do cotton. Problem solved. It was the same with a new Orchid V4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread