Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurduSM

Aug 9, 2017
You're going to make a lot of people happy with your discovery of the Cubis coil seal! How did you manage to cut the thickness in half? :thumbs:
I folded it and mande a small incision with a pair of my whifes nail scissors and then i went along the small circle untill it was half the thickness :)
The seal is on the top of the cubis coil and you can use a pair of curved tweezers to get it out and the same tweezers come in handy to place the seal on the Sireren's airflow tube.
It fits and seals it perfectly :) , was lucky to have some of my whife's old used Ego Aio coils :).

Joye Cubis Atomizer Head Replacement Coils and SS316 Notch Coil

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I folded it and mande a small incision with a pair of my whifes nail scissors and then i went along the small circle untill it was half the thickness :)
The seal is on the top of the cubis coil and you can use a pair of curved tweezers to get it out and the same tweezers come in handy to place the seal on the Sireren's airflow tube.
It fits and seals it perfectly :) , was lucky to have some of my whife's old used Ego Aio coils :).

Joye Cubis Atomizer Head Replacement Coils and SS316 Notch Coil

That's very good to know. Thanks for the link and for sharing good scoop, And, welcome to the thread!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
you're more than welcome, i got a lot of info from this thread :) Thank you.

You're welcome! We've got some very knowledgeable posters here who figured this stuff out. I love the fact that the fixes are relatively easy and provide a long-lasting solution. Your solution of the Cubis seal for the bottom of the airflow tube, I'm sure, will be used by many others going forward.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Me too, 52! I love this thread. I've got three 22 mm Sirens and one Hussar in use right now. I've almost always got two, three or four Sirens going at the same time. It's an amazing tank with great flavor and a super easy build deck. Never a dry wick with the Siren which has been in constant use since November, 2016.

I am so happy @jseah, the OP, started this thread back in October. I've always wished the OP had posted again to let us know if he or she ever got a Siren for him or herself. Regardless, I'm grateful to the OP. I am very satisfied with my choice of the Siren as my main vapocalypse tank. I'm sure I'll buy some of the Siren V2s, but, even if they never are released, I am very satisfied with my current stash of Sirens. I'll probably experiment with other attys a bit just for fun, and I'll definitely keep stocking up on Eggrolls, for those times I do not want to build, but my Sirens are the best!

I've found the Kabuki is best for my Halo Prime 15 juice, but it's awesome in the Siren too!

Was a pleasure to see you pop in here, @jseah. You left the thread in VERY good hands with our dear @JustWondering1 and the inimitable @52anddone. <wub wub>

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Disappointed when I got my Siren because it did not come with the air reducer kit (early model SN #35) I did not use it. Bought it like 2 months ago. It just sat in its box.

Due to boredom and a case of insomnia last night I decided to take it out and play with it. I took a KF5 reducer wrapped a little mesh around the reducer to make it fit. It worked! Nice and snug. Put a 26g 8wrap 2.5 ID coil at .95 ohms coil in it and it's vaping perfectly. Nice tight draw and smooth as well.

john1211

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2013
    Troy, NY
    Disappointed when I got my Siren because it did not come with the air reducer kit (early model SN #35) I did not use it. Bought it like 2 months ago. It just sat in its box.

Due to boredom and a case of insomnia last night I decided to take it out and play with it. I took a KF5 reducer wrapped a little mesh around the reducer to make it fit. It worked! Nice and snug. Put a 26g 8wrap 2.5 ID coil at .95 ohms coil in it and it's vaping perfectly. Nice tight draw and smooth as well.
    thanks

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA

Glad it worked for you, time you finally get to use it.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Inimitable ?? Aah Shucks Kat, wait, what does that mean ??:confused::?::unsure:o_Oo_O

Ha Ha Ha :lol::lol::lol::lol:. I had to look that one up. Ya got me on that one Kat.:D :wub: :wub:

:lol:

I dunno. Sometimes the SOUND of particular words is far better and more meaningful than definitions... but in this case, the two have met. And clinked a glass. And levitated. ;)

<wub back atcha, 5-2>

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Decided to see what this Siren can do. Being a GTA I thought this tank could use some mesh. Instead of dropping the cotton through the wick holes I made mesh tubes to lead to the openings for wicking and wicked the coil with cotton and just drop the cotton on top of the mesh. SS 316 Claptons .6ohms 3mm ID wicking perfectly to keep up with the Claptons. Here are some pics.
    IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Decided to see what this Siren can do. Being a GTA I thought this tank could use some mesh. Instead of dropping the cotton through the wick holes I made mesh tubes to lead to the openings for wicking and wicked the coil with cotton and just drop the cotton on top of the mesh. SS 316 Claptons .6ohms 3mm ID wicking perfectly to keep up with the Claptons. Here are some pics. View attachment 678971 View attachment 678973 View attachment 678975

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice, I never though of doing that. Any flooding,leaking or seeping?

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Very nice, I never though of doing that. Any flooding,leaking or seeping?
    No problems what so ever. It's actually better than before it wicks like crazy. Plus you are packing a lot of cotton in the chamber. Lotta juice reserve in there. On my second tank now. Vaped the first one almost dry.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    By actually doing that way you can spread the cotton over the whole area so there is even less chance of leaking.
    Great idea buddy where did you get the mesh and anything I need to know about it besides torching it first? I use only Rayon for wicking and think it can only get better flavor using your method because the tails will be shorter.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    I just torched the mesh to burn off any contamination of oils or stuff. (Lighter will work) You don't have to do the whole method like you were going to use it for a wick in a coil. Rolled the mesh used the whole length of the strip. When you first cut it make sure the grain of the mesh in going upward. ( let me know if I have to explain that more). The roll should come slightly into the chamber mm or so above the deck. I screwed the chamber back on it to kinda form it first. I would use a 3mm ID coil just to have enough cotton to cover the mesh and the area around it so it won't leak.

I picked up the mesh from my local B&M just a little while back wanted to play around with it. Funny thing... they said "Wow, nobody has asked for mesh in over 2 years" I bought the last of what they have. It's 400 grade mesh.
    I'm sure you can find it online.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread