The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Digiflavor Siren GTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by jseah, Oct 12, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DurduSM

DurduSM New Member

Aug 9, 2017
    I folded it and mande a small incision with a pair of my whifes nail scissors and then i went along the small circle untill it was half the thickness :)
    The seal is on the top of the cubis coil and you can use a pair of curved tweezers to get it out and the same tweezers come in handy to place the seal on the Sireren's airflow tube.
    It fits and seals it perfectly :) , was lucky to have some of my whife's old used Ego Aio coils :).

Joye Cubis Atomizer Head Replacement Coils and SS316 Notch Coil

• Like Like x 5
  2. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    That's very good to know. Thanks for the link and for sharing good scoop, And, welcome to the thread!

• Like Like x 4
  3. DurduSM

DurduSM New Member

Aug 9, 2017
    you're more than welcome, i got a lot of info from this thread :) Thank you.

• Like Like x 5
  4. JustWondering1

Aug 29, 2015
    You're welcome! We've got some very knowledgeable posters here who figured this stuff out. I love the fact that the fixes are relatively easy and provide a long-lasting solution. Your solution of the Cubis seal for the bottom of the airflow tube, I'm sure, will be used by many others going forward.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nailz

Nailz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    It's the Pittsburgh pro 32 piece screwdriver set, just searched and found at harbor freight - 32 Pc Precision Screwdriver Set with Tweezers

To be honest I can't remember if got from there, but sure is a handy kit though ;)

• Like Like x 5
  6. JustWondering1

Aug 29, 2015
    Thanks Nailz! I think I'll pick one up!

• Like Like x 5
  7. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinging mods, 1 rhinestone at a time. FDA ready!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Was a pleasure to see you pop in here, @jseah. You left the thread in VERY good hands with our dear @JustWondering1 and the inimitable @52anddone. <wub wub>

• Like Like x 5
  8. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Inimitable ?? Aah Shucks Kat, wait, what does that mean ??:confused::?::unsure:o_Oo_O

Ha Ha Ha :lol::lol::lol::lol:. I had to look that one up. Ya got me on that one Kat.:D :wub: :wub:

• Like Like x 4
  9. 52anddone

It's 0300 hrs here, so time for "The Velocity Channel". Night all. :thumbs::D

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2016
    Disappointed when I got my Siren because it did not come with the air reducer kit (early model SN #35) I did not use it. Bought it like 2 months ago. It just sat in its box.

Due to boredom and a case of insomnia last night I decided to take it out and play with it. I took a KF5 reducer wrapped a little mesh around the reducer to make it fit. It worked! Nice and snug. Put a 26g 8wrap 2.5 ID coil at .95 ohms coil in it and it's vaping perfectly. Nice tight draw and smooth as well.

• Like Like x 7
  11. john1211

john1211 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Troy, NY
    thanks

12. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Glad it worked for you, time you finally get to use it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinging mods, 1 rhinestone at a time. FDA ready!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    :lol:

I dunno. Sometimes the SOUND of particular words is far better and more meaningful than definitions... but in this case, the two have met. And clinked a glass. And levitated. ;)

<wub back atcha, 5-2>

• Like Like x 2
  14. 52anddone

:lol::lol: ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cosmic_Glaze

Jul 26, 2016
    Decided to see what this Siren can do. Being a GTA I thought this tank could use some mesh. Instead of dropping the cotton through the wick holes I made mesh tubes to lead to the openings for wicking and wicked the coil with cotton and just drop the cotton on top of the mesh. SS 316 Claptons .6ohms 3mm ID wicking perfectly to keep up with the Claptons. Here are some pics. IMG_0735.JPG IMG_0737.JPG IMG_0738.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  16. bigbob2322

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Very nice, I never though of doing that. Any flooding,leaking or seeping?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cosmic_Glaze

Jul 26, 2016
    No problems what so ever. It's actually better than before it wicks like crazy. Plus you are packing a lot of cotton in the chamber. Lotta juice reserve in there. On my second tank now. Vaped the first one almost dry.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Cosmic_Glaze

Jul 26, 2016
    By actually doing that way you can spread the cotton over the whole area so there is even less chance of leaking.

• Like Like x 3
  19. bigbob2322

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great idea buddy where did you get the mesh and anything I need to know about it besides torching it first? I use only Rayon for wicking and think it can only get better flavor using your method because the tails will be shorter.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cosmic_Glaze

Jul 26, 2016
    I just torched the mesh to burn off any contamination of oils or stuff. (Lighter will work) You don't have to do the whole method like you were going to use it for a wick in a coil. Rolled the mesh used the whole length of the strip. When you first cut it make sure the grain of the mesh in going upward. ( let me know if I have to explain that more). The roll should come slightly into the chamber mm or so above the deck. I screwed the chamber back on it to kinda form it first. I would use a 3mm ID coil just to have enough cotton to cover the mesh and the area around it so it won't leak.

I picked up the mesh from my local B&M just a little while back wanted to play around with it. Funny thing... they said "Wow, nobody has asked for mesh in over 2 years" I bought the last of what they have. It's 400 grade mesh.
    I'm sure you can find it online.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.