Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickyDate

Jul 17, 2017
Decided to see what this Siren can do. Being a GTA I thought this tank could use some mesh. Instead of dropping the cotton through the wick holes I made mesh tubes to lead to the openings for wicking and wicked the coil with cotton and just drop the cotton on top of the mesh. SS 316 Claptons .6ohms 3mm ID wicking perfectly to keep up with the Claptons. Here are some pics. View attachment 678971 View attachment 678973 View attachment 678975

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting!
I wonder if the wicking cables that the Taifun BT uses would also work (?) if they were cut to the correct height.

StickyDate

Jul 17, 2017
Hi all
Just wanted to say thanks for all your input into this thread.

I've had my Siren 22 since early Dec and still use it about 80% of the time in my rotation. I just like the ease of filling, wicking, and long-life coils/wicks.

I too suffered with the slight seepage issue around the AFC and can also report that tightening up the positive post with the o-ring under the positive block made a huge improvement.
I now just get a bit of condensate from time to time but I think this is fairly common with all attys. Been vaping less than a year so dunno if a bone-dry atty exists yet.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Interesting!
I wonder if the wicking cables that the Taifun BT uses would also work (?) if they were cut to the correct height.
Yes they would. It's the same concept. I have no idea how to get them though.

StickyDate

Jul 17, 2017
Yes they would. It's the same concept. I have no idea how to get them though.

I know that Fasttech sell an accessory pack for the Taifun BT called:
"Replacement Accessory Pack for Taifun BT (7 Pieces)" (I'm not sure if I can post links because of my low post count)

Comes with Steel cables, Mesh, and a Drip tip. All for $3.49.

I might try the cable wicking one day, although I think I would prefer Stainless Steel cables instead of Steel.
But I'd also have to be in a tinkering mood as well :)

Anyway, I like the concept you brought to the table! Thanks.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
That's a good idea @StickyDate , it intrigues me.
Does any one know where to get Stainless Steel Rope for vape wicking ?? I've looked around (did searches) and found several kinds that are not specified as Vape type ropes (like Galvanized or Coated and such), plus 3mm size seems hard to find (though 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm SS 316 I have found listed at places I have not bought from). I would like to buy some to try in my Siren's (both 22mm and 25mm), but can't find where to buy any at. I would imagine it would have to be plain SS wire rope 304, 316, 317, 430 or the like.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Any new rumors on the Siren 2.0? Any rumors on a release date?

I've been wondering about that as well, but I've seen no updates on it last time I searched. I mostly liked the prototype pics I saw when I first heard about it, so I count myself among those interested. I also hope Digiflavor does not disappoint us.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Any new rumors on the Siren 2.0? Any rumors on a release date?

I've been wondering the same thing! I haven't heard anything about the v2 in a while. I think Digiflavor indicated it would be released this month. Hopefully, it will be soon! I'm so curious about it!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I've been wondering about that as well, but I've seen no updates on it last time I searched. I mostly liked the prototype pics I saw when I first heard about it, so I count myself among those interested. I also hope Digiflavor does not disappoint us.

Hopefully @Xvagabondx will check in with an update soon!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Nothing on their facebook page this month about it, so wouldn't hold your breath.

You're making good sense, Nailz. Surely, if it were going to be available this month we would have heard a little something by now? Fingers crossed for September!!

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Does any one know where to get Stainless Steel Rope for vape wicking ?? I've looked around (did searches) and found several kinds that are not specified as Vape type ropes (like Galvanized or Coated and such), plus 3mm size seems hard to find (though 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm SS 316 I have found listed at places I have not bought from). I would like to buy some to try in my Siren's (both 22mm and 25mm), but can't find where to buy any at. I would imagine it would have to be plain SS wire rope 304, 316, 317, 430 or the like.
The only concern I have about using the cable with the Siren is... every atty that uses the cables have round holes that the cable fits in. The Siren does not have a round wicking port. It could work. The mesh I used was rolled round but when I put the chamber top on it it formed to the port exactly, which probably helps it from any leaking and won't move around. It's kinda in a "D" shape now if that makes any sense.

StickyDate

Jul 17, 2017

Now that I look at the Fasttech listing I mentioned above, they don't actually specify what material the cable/wicks are made of.
I may have put you wrong by saying that they're Steel. They 'may' be SS.
I only said Steel because FT, in another listing for Taifun BT cable/wicks, specifically mention Steel so I guess I just assumed that the Accessory pack would be too.
AND I'm just assuming that Steel is not Stainless Steel. Grrr, I'm confused!

Fast forward –

I just purchased this kit from 3FVape
ShenRay Replacement Resin Drip Tip + Heating Wires + Stainless Steel Mesh for Taifun BT Style Atomizer - (7 PCS)

This listing specifically says "The heating wires and the mesh are made from stainless steel."
And the heating wires are 3.2mm diameter.
So I thought why not try it just for tinkering sake.
Ships in 3-7 days.

I'm also intrigued to give this a go at some stage :)

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Now that I look at the Fasttech listing I mentioned above, they don't actually specify what material the cable/wicks are made of.
I may have put you wrong by saying that they're Steel. They 'may' be SS.
I only said Steel because FT, in another listing for Taifun BT cable/wicks, specifically mention Steel so I guess I just assumed that the Accessory pack would be too.
AND I'm just assuming that Steel is not Stainless Steel. Grrr, I'm confused!

Fast forward –

I just purchased this kit from 3FVape
ShenRay Replacement Resin Drip Tip + Heating Wires + Stainless Steel Mesh for Taifun BT Style Atomizer - (7 PCS)

This listing specifically says "The heating wires and the mesh are made from stainless steel."
And the heating wires are 3.2mm diameter.
So I thought why not try it just for tinkering sake.
Ships in 3-7 days.

I'm also intrigued to give this a go at some stage :)
We will expect a full report. LOL Pics plz as well. ;)

StickyDate

Jul 17, 2017
The only concern I have about using the cable with the Siren is... every atty that uses the cables have round holes that the cable fits in. The Siren does not have a round wicking port. It could work. The mesh I used was rolled round but when I put the chamber top on it it formed to the port exactly, which probably helps it from any leaking and won't move around. It's kinda in a "D" shape now if that makes any sense.

Yeah, you're right and this has crossed my mind.
I'm 'hoping' that I can mock something up with the cables but if it doesn't work out, at least I have the mesh in the kit that I can use to replicate what you did.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread