KopyKatBrand.gif

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I would have liked to see you Both in the same 4th grade class room at the same time way back when, giving the teacher all kinds of fits. :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol: Ya'll must have been a riot when you two were younger.;):rolleyes::lol:

When we were younger? You mean like last nite? :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I would have liked to see you Both in the same 4th grade class room at the same time way back when, giving the teacher all kinds of fits. :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol: Ya'll must have been a riot when you two were younger.;):rolleyes::lol:

HA!

I think one or three of the fine moderators here might project that we were likely much better behaved as pre-pubescent grade schoolers than we are today.

They'd also likely be correct. :blush:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I've kind of missed using my 22mm Siren, so I decided to give it another whirl, despite the frustrations it has given me in the past. Since I haven't been using it recently, and never intended to use it again, I felt free to be a little rough with the tank in an attempt to get it working properly.

This time I took it apart as much as I could. Not an easy task without using the right funky shaped screwdriver head, which I still haven't bothered to get. (Is it really a 3-prong, or is it a triangle shaped head? I'm still not sure.) Then I took that pesky o-ring I had previously added out of there, and chucked it. I reassembled everything again, as tightly as I could, using brute strength and a pair of pliers for extra torque. The insulators did not appear to crack, so I guess I didn't overdo it, but I guess I easily could have.

So far, so good, but I've just started vaping on the setup. It did not leak on me while sitting upright on my desk overnight. As long as I refill it with the AFC fully closed I have no seepage issues, but will have some seepage if I don't. I'll see how long this joyous return to vaping my Siren lasts. Hopefully it will last a good long time.

I'm thinking maybe this strategy is all that's really needed to get a leaking/seeping Siren to work right, along with using a big enough inner diameter coil, not having the wick sitting on the deck, leeching juice onto it, etc. The extra (really, REALLY) tight tightening up of that one screw that holds that one post down seems to have done the trick.

I don't think adding an extra o-ring is necessary at all. It is adding that super extra tightness to what is already there that makes the difference. I can see how maybe having an o-ring in there might help keep things from loosening up again, kind of like a washer can help hold together a nut and bolt under vibrational stress. So maybe something like a little, tiny washer would be more helpful than an extra o-ring?

I hope that if Digiflavor ever comes out with the V2 version of this RTA that they resolve that issue with just a little bit better engineering on their part. Or, at least supply the right size screwdriver for us end users to tighten everything up on our own without risking damaging our tanks.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
is the general consensus about seepage that its actual juice that seeps through from the design of the tank or maybe a build up of condensation?....or possibly both?.....i always took it as actual juice but.....

....it`s a good job i did`nt buy an Augvape Merlin around the same time as the Siren as well or i would of had 2x annoying leaky tanks :laugh:
but i actually did :-x

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
If you have your Siren all tightened up properly, with all o-rings in good shape and in place, and no chips in the glass tube, then it's condensate, and due to it's design I think that there is a bit more condensate than what is normally found in most RTA's/RDTA's, at least that is what I have come to think with working with my Siren's (22mm and 25mm). This is not a tank for new or inexperienced vapers, in my opinion anyways, when compared to other offerings out there that can be filled up and used right out of the box. The Siren can be made to behave though, but it takes some time and patience to learn what it takes to get this tank to cooperate, and what makes some of us take the time to learn what to do to achieve this, is that the flavor is so good when set up and running properly (and in most cases it can be done). Some have reported no issues at all with theirs, which is telling me that most of our Trials and Tribulations are due to BAD QC and assembly, and not necessarily a bad design, just a might finicky design, as everything has to be just right. Remember though, the Siren is not a $100 RTA, or even a $50 RTA, it is on the cheaper end of the spectrum when compared to some other toppers, but when/if you get yours working correctly, it is a hard tank to beat for flavor and ease of use. That's my take on the Digiflavor Siren, I have several of them now, and won't be selling any of mine. Worts and all (which I have fixed), I use my Siren/s every day, and if I lost one, I would be on the hunt for a replacement immediately. My :2c:, hope it helps ya.

P.S. I am a Natural Born Tinkerer so the Siren, to me, is no big deal to get up and running to my liking.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
If you have your Siren all tightened up properly, with all o-rings in good shape and in place, and no chips in the glass tube, then it's condensate, and due to it's design I think that there is a bit more condensate than what is normally found in most RTA's/RDTA's, at least that is what I have come to think with working with my Siren's (22mm and 25mm). This is not a tank for new or inexperienced vapers, in my opinion anyways, when compared to other offerings out there that can be filled up and used right out of the box. The Siren can be made to behave though, but it takes some time and patience to learn what it takes to get this tank to cooperate, and what makes some of us take the time to learn what to do to achieve this, is that the flavor is so good when set up and running properly (and in most cases it can be done). Some have reported no issues at all with theirs, which is telling me that most of our Trials and Tribulations are due to BAD QC and assembly, and not necessarily a bad design, just a might finicky design, as everything has to be just right. Remember though, the Siren is not a $100 RTA, or even a $50 RTA, it is on the cheaper end of the spectrum when compared to some other toppers, but when/if you get yours working correctly, it is a hard tank to beat for flavor and ease of use. That's my take on the Digiflavor Siren, I have several of them now, and won't be selling any of mine. Worts and all (which I have fixed), I use my Siren/s every day, and if I lost one, I would be on the hunt for a replacement immediately. My :2c:, hope it helps ya.

P.S. I am a Natural Born Tinkerer so the Siren, to me, is no big deal to get up and running to my liking.

thank you, and well put i think.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
is the general consensus about seepage that its actual juice that seeps through from the design of the tank or maybe a build up of condensation?....or possibly both?.....i always took it as actual juice but.....

....it`s a good job i did`nt buy an Augvape Merlin around the same time as the Siren as well or i would of had 2x annoying leaky tanks :laugh:
but i actually did :-x

Mine is definitely juice. Nothing condensates to the degree that comes out of mine.

Vaper towels handy.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Any significant seepage or leaking is juice for sure. My Siren is still running well after my last attempt at a more permanent fix. Condensation has not been a significant issue for me. Some other tanks I've used have had real issues with condensation, but not the Siren - at least not the 22mm version.

I feel confident enough now about this tank that I'm planning on getting at least one or two more. I think I will get the black ones though, as they appear to have a better track record when it comes to leak issues. "Fixing" a leaking Siren is a pain, but at least I think I can do it now if I need to.

I think that the screw driver looks like a regular flat blade with the middle notched out so that there is 2 legs. Anyway, Hope you get your Siren up and running the way you like billy.

So a flat blade screwdriver of reasonably correct size should work fairly well then? I'm not sure why they would need to use something like a regular flat blade with the middle notched out in the first place. That seems unnecessary. Maybe it is the other way around? A flat blade with the ends notched out, so the blade centers and holds that threaded air tube better?

It helps a lot to get that bottom 510 connection insulator out first before proceeding with further fiddling up under the bottom of the base, otherwise the whole process turns into a real pain in the behind, but I think everyone has hopefully figured that part out by now.

It's still a pain though, because getting that threaded air tube to thread in straight to the post it threads into is also difficult. It always takes me a couple of tries to get it right. I'm wondering if that is an issue when some of (a lot of?) these tanks are assembled in the factory? When that happens, the post can't be screwed down flat and flush to the base. Any off kilter gap there would tend to cause a leak issue.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    So a flat blade screwdriver of reasonably correct size should work fairly well then? I'm not sure why they would need to use something like a regular flat blade with the middle notched out in the first place. That seems unnecessary. Maybe it is the other way around? A flat blade with the ends notched out, so the blade centers and holds that threaded air tube better?

I couldn't get a normal screw driver on mine well, but this works awesome for tightening the center pin, don't know why it makes a difference, but for me it does :)

7V3yAQp.jpg

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015

I agree, 52. :thumbs:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Hi guys! I recently acquired one of these great tanks. It has become my second favorite tank!
    I do have leaking issues but it wasn't right away, it took a few days. I'll definitely be reading this thread to get some tips!

There is solutions for the leaking, personally, just tightening the positive block has worked on mine, but some also add a oring under the positive block/pin with great results, plenty of help and info in this thread, just may take you a few weeks to read the whole thread lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread