• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dilution of E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone still very new to e-cigs, I thought I would pass this on and ask advice from the longer term posters.

Having moved on from a Gamucci to a Titan 510 from TW (which I am very pleased with) I also thought I would get some of their Menthol Super-High strength liquid (I always go to the extreme and work back!).

The hit was impressive, after the Gamucci, but it did give me a very dry mouth and I wasn't sure if it was the nicotine, the PG, the menthol or a combination of all three.

Having read about using glycerine in other threads, I tried diluting the liquid approximately 70 / 30 with Glycerine BP from a pharmacy, which has softened the vapour and made a very nice smoke. It all seems to be working well and the atomiser doesn't seem to mind the adulterated liquid.

However, I'd appreciate if anyone has any idea whether I will in time b*gger the 510 or worse, me!

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
Hi Kevla,

Basically you should do no harm to your 510 by diluting your juice with VG. There are a few manufactured liquids that only use VG (no PG at all).

I have been soley using VG liquids for the past 3 months or so and it has not caused my atomizers any problems. VG is quite thick but you can water it down slightly with distilled water or grain alcohol (just do a search for VG - loads of posts).

Regarding damage to you - well it is all about perspective really. In my opinion Pg or VG are much much less damaging than analogs. There are no real long term studies of inhaling either PG or VG from an ecig - so who knows? But I will take my chances with VG rather than burning tobacco.

I am sensitive to PG and basically can only use VG. There are reports of peaople having issues with VG so I guess it just depends on how your body copes with either. Have a look in the Health section of the forums loads of info there as well.

Kula.

Last edited:

Rusty

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Yorkshire, England
camvip.webs.com
Ay Up Kev,

I think our bodies take a while in getting used to the change. I had all sorts of problems with dryness during my first month but now the PG and VG liquids have very little adverse affects on me - a bit thirsty now and then only (that's where the beer comes in!!).

I must admit though I blamed the 510 as I had no probs with my minipipe in the first 2 weeks - it is only when I got the 510 that I developed throat/mouth dryness - probably the higher temp atty and therefore vapour.

Hope your dryness gets emolled!!!!

Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread