To dilute or not to dilute 100% VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

VENAXIS

Jun 21, 2014
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Hello there,

This question has been haunting me ever since I started making my own e-juices. I mostly use the Taifun GT atty and was wondering if it can handle 100% VG? Also, does the same apply to drippers, for instance, the IGO-L?

I love my e-liquids to be 100% VG, and the VG I use is Bell's Glycerin BP (100%). It's really thick!

I do not want to thin my e-liquids if the un-diluted ones can work on my atty. I feel like DW lowers the quality of my e-liquids :?:

Your help is appreciated! :D

Last edited:

VENAXIS

Jun 21, 2014
Abu Dhabi, UAE
I've done my research and many say it could result in dry hits due to its thickness and the wick not being able to absorb the thick liquid.

Anyways I've made a test e-juice at 100% VG and 8% flavors (undiluted). I've been steeping it since yesterday and will keep doing so for a few more days. It's a new recipe I've been working on that smells just like bubble gum. Hope the final result is just as good!

However, I'd love to see your opinions if you've tried or actually vape 100% VG undiluted.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Unless you are dripping, un-thinned VG is going to give you wicking trouble (unless you are buying it from someone that is selling it already thinned)

When I make my base, the first thing I do is thin my VG to my desired consistency - a little bit of distilled water and a little bit of PGA - before combining with any PG or Nic.

That way, once my desired liquid is mixed up there is usually very little (if any) that needs adjusting

Moved to DIY E-Liquid :)

VENAXIS

Jun 21, 2014
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Unless you are dripping, un-thinned VG is going to give you wicking trouble (unless you are buying it from someone that is selling it already thinned)

When I make my base, the first thing I do is thin my VG to my desired consistency - a little bit of distilled water and a little bit of PGA - before combining with any PG or Nic.

That way, once my desired liquid is mixed up there is usually very little (if any) that needs adjusting

Moved to DIY E-Liquid :)

That was really helpful. Thanks a lot! :)

+Thanks for moving :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread