Dissapointed in Hohms Life batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay,
So I bought 4 Hohms life batteries and they seem the same as my LG HG2 batteries. Was I expecting too much? I run a four bay Wismec Realeaux RX300 at about 60 watts with a 0.11 coil build.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated... I bought these from a local vape shop here in WA and figured they were specifically for vaping from what I read online.

IDK just kind of wondering if anyone has the same viewpoint...

Thanks,
devo

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Okay,
So I bought 4 Hohms life batteries and they seem the same as my LG HG2 batteries. Was I expecting too much? I run a four bay Wismec Realeaux RX300 at about 60 watts with a 0.11 coil build.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated... I bought these from a local vape shop here in WA and figured they were specifically for vaping from what I read online.

Thanks,
devo

I was anticipating great performance from the HohmTech batts but found they are just like most others. I think HT just added some additional safefty features to LG H batts for the 18650s. Depending on the batt configuration of your RX300 (I assume Series as most reg mods are) you may have chosen the wrong HT Batts for your application. The HT Life's are 20A CDR, which you may be pushing slightly over if running series config. I'll have to go back and look at what @Mooch rated the HT Works, but it wasn't much higher. I have all three of their batteries (Life, Work and Grown) and they are just good, not as great as I was hoping. Grab some VTC5As and you'll be pleased..

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Okay,

Thanks,
    devo

I'm retesting them soon but, interestingly, they are identical to 30Q's now even though they're supposed to be based on the HG2.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Okay,
    So I bought 4 Hohms life batteries and they seem the same as my LG HG2 batteries. Was I expecting too much?

One thing to remember is that there's only so much room in an 18650. Either the CDR will be 20 or less or the capacity will be under 3000 mAh because any battery breaking that barrier (with current technology) can't be stuffed into an 18650 form factor.

Not confident they're not just rewraps..... in my opinion only buy genuine batteries from good wholesalers. I use RTDvapor and LiionWholesale. Both great suppliers with legit batteries. When a legit HG2 is under 6 bucks why bother with any name other than Sony, Samsung, LG?

Totally Understand... thinking about the warranty on them and seeing what can be done.
    Hopefully I can find my receipt because I spent a pretty penny on these and I don't think it's worth it imo.

Thanks for the comments all. Good to hear from Mooch too!

Okay so I shredded the receipt apparently on my last purge... they want $16 for no receipt and shipment instructions. I spent like $66.00 on these (way too much.. I know) four batteries and wonder if its worth sending back or not for the price on their site.

The battery life is about the same but I could get some money back at least (or can I?)..

Do they send replacements or do they refund? I'll have to read the terms.

Anyway that's my update

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
    Okay so I shredded the receipt apparently on my last purge... they want $16 for no receipt and shipment instructions. I spent like $66.00 on these (way too much.. I know) four batteries and wonder if its worth sending back or not for the price on their site.

The battery life is about the same but I could get some money back at least (or can I?)..

Do they send replacements or do they refund? I'll have to read the terms.

Anyway that's my update
    I would definitely try to get a refund even if i gotta eat the shipping costs to send em back, it's only a couple bucks to send it back, even a flat rate priority mail box is $7 or something. Still 66-7=59 and you could get yourself a handful of big name batts and a little $ left over. Just IMO
    If they give you a hard time about taking a refund i'd point em to this thread... :thumb:

Last edited:
    Okay I think I screwed up posting this because they are actually lasting a pretty good while now.
    Yeah they were expensive at the Vape shop but I never FULLY charged them (3 times fully charged) ....

Now they are lasting much longer. Nothing too extreme but I think they are decent batteries.

Sorry all for the confusion and stupid title on my part.
    Just make sure you charge your batteries fully at least 3 times and they will be good for a day of hardcore vaping.

Thanks, Out...

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Okay I think I screwed up posting this because they are actually lasting a pretty good while now.
    Yeah they were expensive at the Vape shop but I never FULLY charged them (3 times fully charged) ....

Now they are lasting much longer. Nothing too extreme but I think they are decent batteries.

Sorry all for the confusion and stupid title on my part.
    Just make sure you charge your batteries fully at least 3 times and they will be good for a day of hardcore vaping.

Thanks, Out...

Something else went wrong. None of the batteries we use need to be "broken in". :)

I would definitely try to get a refund even if i gotta eat the shipping costs to send em back, it's only a couple bucks to send it back, even a flat rate priority mail box is $7 or something. Still 66-7=59 and you could get yourself a handful of big name batts and a little $ left over. Just IMO
    If they give you a hard time about taking a refund i'd point em to this thread... :thumb:

What exactly would you recommend for 18650's "BIG NAME BATTERIES" ??? :?:

Reactions: stols001
    I remember a few years ago when re-wraps weren't as much of an issue my LG HG2's would last at least 2 days max. I swear...
    Going to buy from IMRBATTERIES.com from now on and kill these hohms lives...:evil:

Nothing against the brand - just need to figure this out... Sorry for flaming

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    What exactly would you recommend for 18650's "BIG NAME BATTERIES" ??? :?:

"Big name batteries" would be batteries from the actual manufacturers - LG, Sony (now Murata) and Samsung. I think Sanyo/Panasonic might make a vaping-suitable battery too.

You can find a list of recommended batteries here:

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

If you need to calculate the required CDR for your batteries, this explains how:

Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, you can't go wrong with IMRbatteries, they're an excellent supplier, good prices, good customer service and they should arrive in a fairly timely fashion. When I order from them I get my batteries in two days.

I don't think charging a battery up 3 times is going to magically improve it's life. I guess you could continue using them, but it's not clear whether they are rewraps or not and the only way to find out (maybe) would be to remove the wraps and check what's under there. That would involve then re-wrapping the battery, which isn't hard, but I think you'd definitely have quite a time trying to return them, at that point.

Anna​

• Agree
    Reactions: DaveP
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread