Does anyone else find that certain juices burn or "bruise" easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
For example, my favourite tobacco juice in flavour, is one called Triple Nickel from Apollo. It is just so delicious.

But even in a nautilus with the latest triton mini cotton coils, well primed, I find that it tastes burnt at anywhere near where I am used to vaping the nautilus. I have to turn it down so much, it takes away most of the throat hit. I have tried this 24mg juice in an aerotank 2 with kanger silica dual coils, kanger vocc-t 1.8 ohm coils, aspire ets bvc with 1.6 ohm bvc coil, and a nautilus with 1.8 ohm mini triton coil. It's one out of a tiny handful of juices I have ever tried that do this. The other ones are nicquid. I read on their reviews, that someone said exactly the same thing about certain juices of theirs, that they taste burnt at moderate power levels! So I have seen confirmation on the nicquid at least, which means, are we doing something wrong, or do certain formations just taste burnt at a much lower power level than normal? I would hope and think that at this stage, I know how to prime a coil and fill a tank properly.

Also, I hope this is an ok topic for this, but does anyone else find that if they might get an intense throat hit (which feels wonderful to me), for the first drag or two after a rest, that their throat then becomes "used to it" and the throat hit just goes away till you take a long break again? I never had this issue with analogs, just with vaping. I am forever in search of the perfect throat hit!

Last edited:

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I think this is definitely true. I see a *lot* of reviews of e liquids where people say that they taste worse/better with higher/lower temperatures. I don't know what combination of factors affects the temp-flavor outcome in what ways, but there certainly seem to be cool-friendly versus heat-friendly juices.

What wattage are you normally using using with other juices with 1.6-1.8 ohm coils?

Reactions: Vesh

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi tazzle,
1.6 bvc usually 10 watts
1.8 bv usually 11 watts
These really are very standard wattages for these coils. I know people who vape them higher, quite a few actually.
1.2 mini triton coils 15 watts. I can vape 99% of my juices at the full 20 watt rating without a single burnt hit in those coils.. But i've settled at 15 so I can turn it up when I need a temporary TH boost.
With Kanger, the 1.8 duals at 10 or 11.. with the vocc it's a strange situation, as they don't produce any vapor unless driven quite hard, so it varies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Oh, huh, wow! Yeah, that's definitely low. (Sometimes people say they are vaping at low wattages because they're seeing 200 watt mods, so feel like vaping at 50 watts is super low.) I can't imagine what might cause that. I see that the juice is 50pg/50vg, so the flow should be fine (no dry hits). Have you tried *increasing* wattage a bit, just to see what happens?

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi again, yes of course.. the burnt hits just get progressively worse and worse with higher wattages.
I always leave room to move, because after a rest, i get a good throat hit from moderate watts, but then i de sensitise and need to pump it up as I go along. I have zero issues taking the mini bvc coil (non nautilus) to 13.5 or even 14 watts (it's absolute rated maximum of 5 volts), with 95% of juices I have tried.. Halo especially I can always vape at a coils maximum rating. Same with the nautilus bvc. it's just those few juices that taste burnt even at 11 watts, which is what put the idea into my head that some juices must bruise easily. That's when I did the investigation and found similar reports from others with some nicquid flavours, which were the first brand I had the issue with. So it sort of validated my findings, but now being a new member here, I thought what better place to bring something like this up to get some further opinions either way!
Cheers
PS to give you an example of a nicquid flavour that tastes delicious but then burnt at very low comparative volts/watts, is daybreak tobacco.

Reactions: ChelsB

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
When vaping on coils that are made for low wattage each .1 watt makes such a big difference compared to sub ohm vaping at 50+ whats I remember some juices i would have to turn down to 10 watts from my normal vaping at about 13-15 Especially since at the time iw as using those style devices and coils i was still vaping premade brick and mortar juices which are high in sweeteners depending on the flavor... Some would need more watts to taste good some less. To me watts on a device like that is like trying to hit a 1" target from 500 yards away vs a 1" target from 1 foot away for sub ohm.. each degree of change in angle makes such a larger impact on the one at 500 yards away. Not uncommon at all what you are experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread