Does vaping change alcohol consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
I've honestly never been a big drinker, but when I do drink I vape more heavily than normal. I was primarily a hookah smoker and when I would go to the hookah bars I would typically have a drink or two but never really drunk at home, even with hookah or occasional cigs. So I think it's more of a mental association for me. When I occasionally go out and drink with friends I vape.

Also the past few months I have worked at a store selling wine and when we taste the new wines it also makes me really want to vape even with the very small tasting of 2-3 wines (less than 1 glass overall). So vaping doesn't make me want to drink or not, but drinking definitely makes me want to vape.

Reactions: DC2

bongobreak

Mar 18, 2016
Norfolk, England
This is an interesting topic, however, since there have been no clinical trials (that I know of) all we can really do is speculate, using our own anecdotal experience.

I used to be a moderate smoker and drinker, and found it impossible to drink without a cigarette.
Since my serious RTA nearly 20 years ago (that's 'Road Traffic Accident' not Rebuildable Tank Atomiser :D) I stopped drinking completely - and no....my accident wasn't drinking related :D - I just lost the taste for it, can't really explain why. I continued to smoke for another 15 years or so, at my normal steady pace.
I've never felt the urge to start drinking again, even though I've tried it a few times - it just doesn't taste like it used to - and since I've been vaping I've even felt mildly nauseous by the smell of booze, rather like the smell of cigarettes makes me heave also.

In short, I don't think vaping has any influence on drinking alcohol - (for me anyway) all I know is that since quitting smoking and drinking I've turned into an insufferable, nagging pillock who bores all my (smoking and drinking) family with health lectures - but I'm right!......Right? :D

Reactions: schatz

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've recently discovered the miracle elixir of beer and clamato juice. So I drink way more now. lol
Oh yeah, I am sad to say that I dig that stuff now.
And I'm kind of a beer snob.

When I BBQ I'd have one of those Budweiser Clamato things.
But I just recently switched to the Modelo version.
Modelo Especial Chelada
:)

Last edited:

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia

Modelo Especial Chelada

The Modelo one is much better in my opinion. My fishing partner/mixologist always brings a couple on tournament days, bumps them up with a little vodka and some hot sauce! Breakfast in a can!!!

I find that the increase in alcohol consumption when vaping is caused by more alcohol consumption!!!!!

Reactions: DC2

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

Modelo Especial Chelada

buy a bottle of Chimay grande reserve... then report back ;)

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
Well when I quit smoking and took up vaping a couple of months later I also stopped drinking and didn't touch a drop for almost 3 years after that. Wasn't because of the vaping though. I used to be a heavy smoker and pretty heavy drinker and after my dad passed away I thought it was about time I made some changes and tryed to live a bit healther.

Now i enjoy a whiskey and a vape when I get home from work but I'm glad to say I'm still not smoking :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread