Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Just a thought for soldering equipment, but you might want to check out this place..... https://store.sra-solder.com/product.php?xProd=6145
They have some great pricing and the quality of products is very good. What they sell looks to be rebranded Pace equipment when I took one apart and checked the components. I bought a combo soldering / hot air station / desoldering gun and have been using it professionally for going on 3 yrs. now with not a problem. You can pick up a soldering station with plug in tips so you can change tips on the fly. They come with a little "hot pad" to hold the hot tip when you go to remove it. Their selection of tips is great plus they have all sorts of other cool equipment for soldering / brazing work.

PS..... hope is was OK to post live link..... apologies if I made a boo-boo

Last edited:
This is what I use! Got mine from Shucks/O'Rielly
Just hand twist to the 11/32 hole for most connectors I've come across

image_2386.jpg

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Ok... yet another silly question.
What size drill bit do I need for a 510 connector?

The LED's are easy to figure out at 5mm and according t Mad Vapes, the horn switch needs a 3/4 hole. The only thing I haven't found a size for are the 510 connectors.
I doubt it's a 3/4" hole. The switch body isn't even that big. 1/2" is what I use for my horn switches.

These are the ones I use, they should be the same size.

PKG 6, MOMENTARY OFF/(ON) PUSH-BUTTON HORN SWITCH,BLACK - eBay (item 280572999127 end time Nov-08-10 01:07:03 PST)

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
I may be a bit (punn) late on this but,,, for those that haven't already drilled their holes.
The 11/32 drill bit for the OD is if you want to drop it into the hole. (like a plastic or wood box) it will need to be smaller if you want to tight press fit like into alum. so that you don't need to glue it in. (or wire the ground side if the case/mod is conductive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread