Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Wow haven't posted on ECF in a very long time. I just got my new Dripbox in yesterday from Vaper Super Saver. Decided to test out the rda before I went looking for a new one ... and yes, I'm looking for a new one since none of my RDAs have BF pins. I was looking at the Velocity clones on fasttech. Read in the comments of a youtube review that the V2 clones like this $8.59 Velocity V2 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping come with the BF pin. Can anyone confirm that or any other inexpensive rda suggestions?​

For those of you looking for extra bottles I found them here Kanger DRIPBOX Bottle. Have yet to order them yet though.
Honestly not all that thrilled with the velocity v2. I think it's good and great for regulated high wattage and nice to have in the collection. The convertible bottom feed positive pin is smart. I'd buy it again. It's huge compared to most good BF rdas. The v2 is only 1mm taller than mini v1.

Still there's better options. Buy 2.5mm and 3mm bottom feed screws from Fatdaddyvapes get a chiNarDA or Hastur v2 and trim and swap the positive screw and you're set.

21174379d193941033fc610ccd2688be.jpg

And there's always chowderhead and catfish atties. Gets some pretty exclusive stuff.
Catfish Atty Mods Chapter 3

FDA GFY

Last edited:

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I ended up going with the V1.1 from FT $8.64 Velocity Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 / 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping last night as it had a pic of the BF pin in the description and the latest reviews confirmed that it included the BF pin. Figured it will get me by for a while and I prefer to build on the velocity deck. The stock RTA doesn't seem all that bad to me and I'll be playing with different builds until the new one comes in. The .8 clapton I tried didn't work all that well but I have some .3 SS claptons coming in tomorrow to try. From what I understood the dripbox will work better with builds around .2 on it so I'm going to try a 3mm SS 8 wrap dual and see how that works as well (kind of nice of Kanger to include an extra deck in the kit).

Finally realized that paying that extra buck for shipping at FT really does make sense as an order that shipped out on the 3rd will be delivered tomorrow (little over a week's wait) and the order I made last night shipped out today.

Reactions: budynbuick

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Just wanted to mention this regarding the DripBox: If you over-tighten the battery, the stress it puts on the case will cause the fire button to stick. If this is happing to you, back off on the batt tension. This happened to me, and now that I know the cause, all is working great again. :)

Hope this helps.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Pulled the trigger on one from Eciggity but it's been stuck in Honolulu for 3 days now. I know that USPS has an established tradition of stupidity and inefficiency but is their Honolulu facility overdoing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes, things get "stuck" at a location and don't move for a couple days, sometimes things move but, don't show up in the system for a couple days and sometimes it won't show up in the tracking system until after it's been delivered. I ordered something from China recently and tracking showed it had been picked up, processed and left China, but didn't receive another tracking update until it showed up as "delivered in mailbox". Somehow, I doubt China Post hand delivered to my box. I've had tracking show my package was at a hub, then at my box with no notices in between. The USPS tracking system leaves a lot to be desired.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Sometimes, things get "stuck" at a location and don't move for a couple days, sometimes things move but, don't show up in the system for a couple days and sometimes it won't show up in the tracking system until after it's been delivered. I ordered something from China recently and tracking showed it had been picked up, processed and left China, but didn't receive another tracking update until it showed up as "delivered in mailbox". Somehow, I doubt China Post hand delivered to my box. I've had tracking show my package was at a hub, then at my box with no notices in between. The USPS tracking system leaves a lot to be desired.

I lost my very first Provari to the USPS black hole/Bermuda Triangle aka Kearny, where it took a dive and never resurfaced again. It was a black 2.0 with blue LED and I never even saw it or held it in my hand.....I will never forgive them for that [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadtrip635

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Has anybody found another source for replacement bottles?
These guys are out of stock:
Kanger DRIPBOX Bottle
Thought we would see them around, before Kanger came out with the TC version.

I Didn't even know that Anyone had any Yet.

Thanks for Posting that Link.

Reactions: puffon

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am using a .13 ohm ss316l 5 wrap dual coil with a samsung 25r battery and really enjoying the flavor of this setup. Is anyone else running theirs this low?

Sent from my SM-N910W8

I just don't like the Hit I get at such a Low Ohms.

My Sweet Spot is a 26ga .6 ohm NiChrome 80 Single Coil in a BF NarDa.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
They advertised it as "regulated" at some point - but it's not. That would be weird anyway - fixed wattage? Who wants that?
upload_2016-5-18_21-57-41.png

It works like a mechanical - battery voltage (after drop) to the coil. There's SOME kind of low-ohm protection (and of course an on/off that a mech wouldn't have) but Busardo fired it as low as 0.06...

As well as the Dripbox is regulated at 60 watts, build as low as you want, it'll be the same.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
They advertised it as "regulated" at some point - but it's not. That would be weird anyway - fixed wattage? Who wants that?
View attachment 556313

It works like a mechanical - battery voltage (after drop) to the coil. There's SOME kind of low-ohm protection (and of course an on/off that a mech wouldn't have) but Busardo fired it as low as 0.06...
MY LIMITED understanding, is it wont go over 60 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread