image.jpeg
    677.7 KB · Views: 48

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Ok thanks for answering guys, I'm gonna change the coil. I've only had it two days so far though, how can I make my coils last longer? Did I have the temperature too high?
The first culprit is dark sweeter juices. They will "gunk" a coil faster. Chain vaping really fast when the coil doesn't have time to properly rewick will cause the cotton to burn in a coil as well (my personal fav). Too high a temp/wattage will vaporize the juice faster and lead to possible cotton burn. Once you toast the cotton the coil will give bad hits and throat burn.

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
It would help if you told us what kind of atty you have, the ohm rating of the coil, at at what wattage/voltage you use it and how often :)

There are a million ways to ruin a coil prematurely. Some juices and/or vaping styles eat through coils really fast. Many people get 2, 3 weeks or more, depending.

And its only a dumb question if you don't ask it.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I had the wattage at 40 because that's what it was preset on. I lowered it to 25 now though. Temp I've been using it on is 240. I use regularly throughout the day. I put the other coil it came with on it and it works good now. What is cotton for though?
The cotton is what sucks the juice to the coil so that the coil can heat it and turn it to vapor. The cotton touches the heated coil, making it easy to burn up.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ok thanks for answering guys, I'm gonna change the coil. I've only had it two days so far though, how can I make my coils last longer? Did I have the temperature too high?

Whenever you change a Coil, make sure that you drip some e-Liquid onto the Cotton Wick of the Coil Head until it is Fully Saturated Before you use it. The Instructions that came with you NEBOX should have a Note about this.

We Call this Priming the Coil.

Then Fill your you Tank and wait for 2 or 3 Minutes.

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
The cotton is what sucks the juice to the coil so that the coil can heat it and turn it to vapor. The cotton touches the heated coil, making it easy to burn up.

Also known as wick or wicking. There are other types of wicking, but cotton usually makes the best taste in pre-built coils. For most tastes, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread