E Cig in Boots !

Status
Not open for further replies.

skroez

Mar 11, 2009
This is my First post, so let me begin in saying Hello, and hope everbody is in better health.

I first heard of E Cigs from my Pharmacy here in Cardiff United Kingdom.
The First Product my Chemist was selling was a Mini ( I Think) Long Cigarette type, Like a Superking Cigarette. I cant tell you what Number, but in the packaging it came along with all the parts, including 10 cart's.
I come close to almost given up, but the battery burnt out, I couldn't get another Model as the Chemist had sold out.
So I was back to Smoking my Roll ups.
I bought another model when they came back in stock, This was fine, but now I find it hard to draw a good hit, again this is a mini, same model has before.
So I'm basically back smoking tobacco again, Though I sometimes use my e cigarette on a bus, if a Visit a Pub or I'm at a place where tobacco smoking is banned, though I will smoke again as a feel nicotine withdrawal, Like I said I feel its hard to get a good draw, Not only that I miss that back of the throat feeling, which I get from Tobacco.

I really want to find a good Electronic Cigarette, So I can give up Tobacco.

Now my Chemist as the Nico- Cig in stock with different type carts to the usual ones on my working Mini.

He's selling this for £39.95, it looks attractive in its box, I Told my Chemist to keep one back for me, I'm going to buy it Tomorrow.
Has anybody used one? Ive read on here about the guy whom had problems with his, and the company are saying that there going to upgrade to better technology, So I'm unsure what to do now?
I really want to start using a good Model, My Chemist ensured me that these new ones are better.

Reading there web site, it also says that they will soon be bringing out a "brand new product when we launch it in 6 weeks time."

I've got around 40 unused carts for the mini, Maybe somehow I could draw out the juice out of them and fill the carts in the Nico-Cig?
I just dont want to lose £40 on another E cigg for it to fail.
When I've watched the videos on this site, each user seems to draw no problem and blow out a huge amont of vapour.
I'd be happy then, if my E Cigg's worked has well.:)

So Is anybody using the Nico-Cig's? And would you say there good? or would give not so postive revews?

Many thanks.
(Confused wanna be non smoking tobacco user)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Skroez, welcome to the forum.

If the Nicocig really is made by Ruyan I wouldn't be quick to shell money out on it until there have been some reviews, Ruyan hardware doesn't have a great reputation. They might also tie you to buying their cartridges as a warranty condition, that would make it a very expensive option. You also can't buy spare atomisers which is ridiculous because they do fail and you won't be able to get your fix until you can get a warranty replacement.

You'll save yourself a lot of disappointment and money if you read around this forum for a while, there is a lot of help to be found here.

Try to buy from a forum supplier, we keep an eye on who is looking after their customers and the ones here are generally pretty good.

To get you started you will need two or three batteries (and a USB passthrough if available), two atomisers, a charger, ten cartridges and a couple of bottles of eliquid MINIMUM. If you find a good kit from a good seller then consider buying two kits so you always have spares. Check warranty conditions, you will need to replace hardware regularly so a guarantee is worth money.

My favourite UK suppliers are:
Smokejuice.co.uk
e-cigs.co.uk
theelectroniccigarette.co.uk

And there's a new one with good products that looks promising - iVapour | Electronic Cigarettes | Janty Kissbox ? Janty Dura ? Janty Mini Fogger ? Janty E-Liquid & Cartridges
Classic/penstyles are fairly heavy duty. Minis (DSE901/M401/Pilot/Evo/Dura/510) tend to be popular. Superminis are the most fiddly with shorter battery and cartridge life.

Mini pipes are getting good reviews at the moment and ecigars also have fans.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/2562-helpful-links-videos-new-user.html

Last edited:
Hi Skroez, welcome to the forum.

If the Nicocig really is made by Ruyan I wouldn't be quick to shell money out on it until there have been some reviews, Ruyan hardware doesn't have a great reputation. They might also tie you to buying their cartridges as a warranty condition, that would make it a very expensive option. You also can't buy spare atomisers which is ridiculous because they do fail and you won't be able to get your fix until you can get a warranty replacement.

You'll save yourself a lot of disappointment and money if you read around this forum for a while, there is a lot of help to be found here.

Try to buy from a forum supplier, we keep an eye on who is looking after their customers and the ones here are generally pretty good.

To get you started you will need two or three batteries (and a USB passthrough if available), two atomisers, a charger, ten cartridges and a couple of bottles of eliquid MINIMUM. If you find a good kit from a good seller then consider buying two kits so you always have spares. Check warranty conditions, you will need to replace hardware regularly so a guarantee is worth money.

My favourite UK suppliers are:
Smokejuice.co.uk
e-cigs.co.uk
theelectroniccigarette.co.uk

And there's a new one with good products that looks promising - iVapour | Electronic Cigarettes | Janty Kissbox ? Janty Dura ? Janty Mini Fogger ? Janty E-Liquid & Cartridges
Classic/penstyles are fairly heavy duty. Minis (DSE901/M401/Pilot/Evo/Dura/510) tend to be popular. Superminis are the most fiddly with shorter battery and cartridge life.

Mini pipes are getting good reviews at the moment and ecigars also have fans.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/2562-helpful-links-videos-new-user.html

ive tried a nicocig... its EXACTLY THE SAME AS A RN4081 / NPRO / PEEWEE.... NOT MADE BY RUYAN!!

zorlac

Jul 10, 2008
uk
So I was back to Smoking my Roll ups.
I bought another model when they came back in stock, This was fine, but now I find it hard to draw a good hit, again this is a mini, same model has before.
So I'm basically back smoking tobacco again,

I went through the same thing. First I bought a super mini, worked great for about 2 days, bought extra atomizers and batteries, but never that great. Then I went for a classic which is great but not to good looking....... then I got a mini which is, in my opinion the best of the bunch.

I now use a mini 90% of the time, buy atomizers every 2 weeks or so, alongside this I use the classic with a usb pass-thru at home and in the car. If your after a good hit I found the 36mg carts work well. But never believe the 1 cart = 20 cigs rubbish. I was a 20 a day smoker and I get through 3-4 carts a day easy.... but buying from china thats only £1.50 or so a day.

The super mini is in a drawer somewhere.....

I also have a disposable ruyan cigar for emergency's, its been going for over a month!

If nico-cig are "ruyan" then doesn't that mean they have the ruyan liquid that doesn't smoke on exhalation? My biggest problem with the cigar is nothing comes out, if you breath it in.

zorlac

Jul 10, 2008
uk
Hmmm just been reading the post from the Nicocig guy.

What makes me think he is full of BS is his claim that large chinese company's have been closed due to patent violations.

Considering every big Electronic firm in the world has tried and failed to stop large manufactures in China from copying products I fail to see how Ruyan managed it.

I get the feeling these are the same as all the others, with different packaging suitable for mass market.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
I don't know if it was on this thread or another one that the nico-cig guy said they don't sell spare atomisers, if your atomiser goes you just contact them and they send out a replacement. You can only think the guy's never smoked analogs or e-cigs because, once you know the score, you would never be without a spare. While that situation persists I'd imagine no one will be reviewing the nico-cig.

skroez

Mar 11, 2009
[
Kate

I really should of followed your advice, The problem with my is that I don't shop online, & Have to go to the pharmacy everyday.. Anyway I went ahead a bought the Nicocig Pack. Last Wednesday it was £39.95

The carts are different, its a complete different design, I did prefer the mini design better, at least you can buy the same carts etc
So yeah I Bought it Wednesday last week, ( Ironicaly I did'nt use it much at all) then Friday morning after I recharged one of the cigarettes/batterys. It completely failed, I started to draw some , I had a nasty taste in my mouth!! then has it was in my hand (I was on the phone) the thing got hotter and hotter until I had to drop it!!! went to touch it again, it was boiling to touch, the plastic cart melted to device!!
I told my pharmacist.
Hes a good guy, He told me to bring it in Monday-(tomorrow) He said he will replace it. But He seemed to be taken back when I told him, Also I told him that according to there web site they where bringing out a new design, model, He told me that the batch he got is the new design?
Not a good start.
I'm sure somebody else had the same problem, It came with a spare battery-(cigarette) but I cant get the atomizer off, the one that burned up!!

Is there a poll here so people cant poll there favorite E Ciggs ?
Thanks.
I'll keep you informed with my situation.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I'm sorry you are having problems with your Nicocig. All devices are liable to strange behaviour and failure wherever you get them from so it might be that you were unlucky and got one of the duds :(

It sounds like your switch got stuck on and toasted your atomiser.

There is a poll here but it's mostly not about specific brands - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-dispreferences-poll-no-longer-anonymous.html

You could mention Nicocig there.

I hope you get a good device and things resolve for you, it must be very frustrating.

skroez

Mar 11, 2009
Many thanks for your Reply, I've got me New Nicocig box has promised from the chemist.
What I find mad is you get the charger, two battery's. with just one atomizer!

The Packaging is very nice though.

It states to charge each battery until the light turns green. It only takes 10 mins to charge?
I heard somewhere its best to charge new E-Ciggys for at least 4 hours?
When I've used the device, so far today, I'm getting a lot of liquid in my mouth.
So I'm not sure if its fully charged or its because its full of Liquid?

Many Thanks Kate..
Kevin..

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
It's a bit of an ongoing debate here about whether charger lights are reliable or not. Some people say that when the light goes green that's it, no point in waiting any longer and some people say the light is unreliable and you must charge for 4/8/12 hours.

If you're getting liquid in your mouth it could be because of one of three things:
Battery not fully charged
Atomiser/cartridge too wet
Poor drawing technique - draw slow and just hard enough to light the LED

If you think you're going to stick with the Nicocig and find it's working for you it would be worth contacting the company to ask for a spare atomiser (you will need one sooner or later) or buying an extra kit for the spares.

When you've given it a bit of a try it would be good if you would review it for us, we haven't got any reviews of that model yet. I guess if it's your first device you haven't got anything to compare it with but impressions as a new user would be good.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
i got my nicocig from my local pharmacy and since then so have 5 of my friends the pharmacy now has a poster in the window and leaflets on the counter i have since cut down from 40 to nearly 0

That's fantastic! Can you do a review in the review section for us? Doesn't have to be a video or anything fancy - words will be just fine!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread