E-cigarettes and smoking cessation: Online survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Aziz Rahman

May 10, 2017
Only issue for taking it from the US is I have no idea how much income I have in AUD. Not sure how that will skew results when looking at socioeconomic status outside of Australia.
Thanks for your participation. I do agree regarding poor wording of that question, will address for subsequent studies.

Reactions: Eskie

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Thanks for your participation. I do agree regarding poor wording of that question, will address for subsequent studies.
It's fun to have you here. Try this thought experiment. If grownups vaped with no flavor and no nicotine I say kids would be just as interested. Then looking the other way, say grownups vape with nic and flavor but there is zero visible vapor. I say kids would have zero interest in vaping. "It's the clouds bro'. The visual part of vaping, and smoking, is what attracts kids. If I'm right ((of course I'm right)) it has useful implications.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Just did the survey, thanks for the having a comment block in the last question, it allows me to tell how easy it was to accidentally quit smoking after a 37 year addiction with many failed quit attempts. We are NOT anecdotes as the FDA would have us refered to...

Dr Aziz Rahman

May 10, 2017
When you are finished with the study it would be great if you posted the results here.
Many times I've participated in studies and never see how its being used or where the info is going.
Yes, of course, I will share the results and any publication arising from it, will also be shared. Thanks

Dr Aziz Rahman

May 10, 2017
Completed also

Trying to recall one question about how many vapes a day? Something to that effect, followed by how much ml do you use a day. The ml was easy enough to answer. The puffs-vapes question...who knows, unless you have a puff counter.
Yes, that's a good point. I agree and other participants also notified me about that. As the survey has already started, I don't have scope to modify it now, but will take care for future studies. Thanks for your participation

Reactions: Riplea

Dr Aziz Rahman

May 10, 2017
Just did the survey, thanks for the having a comment block in the last question, it allows me to tell how easy it was to accidentally quit smoking after a 37 year addiction with many failed quit attempts. We are NOT anecdotes as the FDA would have us refered to...
Thanks, much appreciated, for sharing your experience and participation in this survey. Please, encourage other members to participate as well.

Reactions: ENAUD

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Good suggestion, will include in the subsequent studies. Thanks for your participation
The question about, how much do you vape, is ambiguous because that can mean a number of different things. I couldn't answer it. The boards by Evolv have the ability to store data and upload it to an evolv server. Apparently many thousands of vapers are contributing to that but even that kind of detail may not be useful, dependiing on the question you're trying to answer. On work days I vape about 1200 seconds, 1.5 seconds per puff on average and consum 7 ml in the process. The power that does that is complicated, .2 seconds of pre heat then 16 max watts limited to 380F max temp but the temp and watts varies with the saturation of the coil in my rda which varies a lot. Most puffs are on a reletively dry coil. So now you know all that, what have you learned? Others may vape 4 times the liquid but do it in a quarter of the puff time.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Completed the survey. :)

And accidentally erased the quotes. :facepalm:

@B2L , thank you. I did see the arrows but they didn't work. This computer is a PITA but it was cleaned/rebooted, the survey worked.

@DancingHeretik, I think I just put chain vaper. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread