E-cigs Illegal in China now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooksGambit

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Lexington, Kentucky
Because the product they are making is illegal? or is it for some completely different reason? It's not like it's a secret that they are making e-cigs and juice. You can go directly to their website to order. Just seems odd to me that a company that large is openly producing something illegal on a national level. Are there any other examples of this with other large companies openly producing product in China that has been declared illegal by the Chinese government?

There is, in fact. Airsoft AEG's (Airsoft Electric Guns). Jing Gong in particular. Last year, their CEO was been arrested for manufacturing illegal products and their factory shut down. Despite this, they continue to not only manufacture and sell their products, but own a competitive piece of the market. From everything I've read on the topic, it seems to be par for the course with several industries. The topic of bribing government officials was also broached as regards the manufacture of Airsoft guns.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
If shipments were seized in China the reasons are the following.

The Chinese vendor has no right to export, so he was exporting fraudulently.
Even Chinese companies have to go through an export company. There is a tax involved.
Or
The export papers were incorrect or faked.

If you guys think that the Chinese are confiscating goods to do the FDA a favor, or that the FDA are working in close conjunction with the Chinese authorities, or that there is an ingenious plot to stop us from vaping...it's wrong.

In the past 6 months e cig and liquid vendors in China have quadrupled.
Atomizers are now $2 a piece and a 50 ml bottle of liquid is $4.

Many amateur Chinese wanting to make a buck have tried to get into this business by selling and exporting fraudulently without a Chinese license.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
I am a Chinese ecig supplier. I am surprised to read the thread here and I am happy to tell you that ecig is legal in China now.

we have few problems sending our orders through our customs so far. but if our customs accidently find ejuice or batteries in our packages, they will return them to us. we will try to send them out again. it is not a big problem. it happens.

I also talked with my contact in SLB, Boge and Joye about the rumor. all of them told me that ecig is legal here.

so please do not worry about it any more. :)

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
I am happy to tell you that ecig is legal in China now.
but if our customs accidently find ejuice or batteries in our packages, they will return them to us. we will try to send them out again.

If they are legal why custom ocassionally stop the shipment and return them to you?

Or is it illegal to send ejuice and batteries only?

What's the deal?

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Chris was just passing along info from people in the know. The factories are allowed to continue manufacturing due to paying off the gov't officials every year.

ps.....
The court ordered stay against the FDA has been lifted.

There never was a "stay against the FDA".

Judge Richard Leon of the U.S. District Court granted the plaintiffs, Smoking Everywhere and Soterra (dba NJOY) an INJUNCTION against the FDA to make the FDA stop seizing their products as they arrived from China. An injunction is an equitable remedy in the form of a court order, whereby a party is required to do, or to refrain from doing, certain acts.

The FDA appealed this INJUNCTION and the appeals court automatically granted a STAY of the injunction. In legalese "stay" is shorthand for "stay of execution." A stay of execution is a court order to temporarily suspend the execution of a court judgment or other court order. The word "execution" does not necessarily mean the death penalty; it refers to the imposition of whatever judgment is being stayed.

By issuing a STAY against the INJUNCTION ordered by the lower court, the appeals court essentially said to FDA -- "It's OK. You can just keep stealing products."

jeffb

Nov 22, 2009
There never was a "stay against the FDA".

Judge Richard Leon of the U.S. District Court granted the plaintiffs, Smoking Everywhere and Soterra (dba NJOY) an INJUNCTION against the FDA to make the FDA stop seizing their products as they arrived from China. An injunction is an equitable remedy in the form of a court order, whereby a party is required to do, or to refrain from doing, certain acts.

The FDA appealed this INJUNCTION and the appeals court automatically granted a STAY of the injunction. In legalese "stay" is shorthand for "stay of execution." A stay of execution is a court order to temporarily suspend the execution of a court judgment or other court order. The word "execution" does not necessarily mean the death penalty; it refers to the imposition of whatever judgment is being stayed.

By issuing a STAY against the INJUNCTION ordered by the lower court, the appeals court essentially said to FDA -- "It's OK. You can just keep stealing products."

Yeah thats what I meant.

VaporSource

Moved On
May 30, 2010
China
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

VaporSource

Moved On
May 30, 2010
China
  • Deleted by AngusATAT

VaporSource

Moved On
May 30, 2010
China
  • Deleted by AngusATAT

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
I can't remember where I read it about 6 months ago , that the USA customs where in the customs check points in China to turn back any unwanted shipment. It may have been on the FDA web site not sure. They are doing this for Homeland Security. I am sure that e-cigs qualify. :evil::vapor::vapor: We all know how dangerous, these things are, right? In the minds of the uninformed maybe.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread