Effect of e-cig use on the number of smoked cigarettes per day

What effect has taking up daily use of an e-cig or PV had on the cigarettes per day (CPD) you smoke.

• Smoke more CPD now than before

• Smoke the same number of CPD as before

• Smoke fewer CPD than before

• Don't smoke at all any more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have completely stopped smoking analogs after using vaping to help cut the number down. My wife has cut down to 1-3 smokes a day, we both used to smoke over a half a pack a day before we started vaping. I love the fact that I can vape ALOT which keeps me calm(I have adhd and am bipolar) and not worry about killing my pets, ruining my house and alienating people around me because I stink.

baphomet68

Verified Member
Been vaping for a few years now, did a couple month transition at the start. While I do not smoke cigarettes regularly, I still get really fiending for them, like being wound up or stressed heavily. I have been using snus when I think I am going to hunt down a cig. Or using the snus like a patch. Vaping is no magic bullet, but I am feeling completely different than when I smoked. Just ordered some WTA, hoping that will help.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
These results should be shown to anyone who thinks vaping needs regulating (or worse)!

Haven't smoked in a month after 14 years of varying numbers of cigarettes per day (8-30). Most time I managed to stop before was a couple of weeks tops before going crazy. I can honestly say this time, I haven't been even slightly tempted. The very thought of smoking turns my stomach and the smell really burns my nose.

I cycle to work every day (2.5 miles each way) and before quitting it was taking me 13-15 minutes to get to work, being out of breath normally. Now I can easily do it in 9-10 mins with plenty of energy left. Lung capacity feels greater, my skin looks better, and I don't have to mooch off outside to smoke now!

The smell was a big thing for me too. I was very self conscious of how much I smelled of smoke when around non smokers. The worst was getting through 30-40 cigarettes through the day during a night out. I've never had a hangover from drinking, but my body felt terrible after that many the morning after. Then I would go outside in the morning and start again!

After how good vaping has been for me, I feel so stupid for ever having smoked in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread